Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACG North American Current Events prediction # one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACG North American Current Events prediction # one.

First in a series of prediction that we'll see come true as far as posters on this board come 2018.

Nbr 1. Come the first Friday in June 2017 when the unemployment numbers are announced a large number of our friends here will have entirely forgot about using U-6 as the REAL UNEMPLOYMENT number. They'll ALL be using the standard U-3 number that has been the official one for 80 years or more.

NOT one poster will say anything about 92-94 million REAL unemployed people in the US. Entirely forgotten.

The labor Participation rate will not be mentioned any more.

I'll continue to use the standard numbers I always have. Many others will switch to those also....
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

I think that particular issue (unemployment) will depend on what the Republicans and Trump administration do in regard to the economy and government benefits.

For example:

If they reduce or end many extended unemployment benefits employment will rise. People who can work but are now drawing unemployment will find jobs when their benefits evaporate. It happened with Welfare reform under Clinton the same way.

If the "Green energy" initiatives of Obama disappear and his war on coal ends expect employment to rise.

Regulatory roll back will make the economy pick up too.

So, we'll have to wait and see what the Republican move is on the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      I think that particular issue (unemployment) will depend on what the Republicans and Trump administration do in regard to the economy and government benefits.

For example:

If they reduce or end many extended unemployment benefits employment will rise. People who can work but are now drawing unemployment will find jobs when their benefits evaporate. It happened with Welfare reform under Clinton the same way.

If the "Green energy" initiatives of Obama disappear and his war on coal ends expect employment to rise.

Regulatory roll back will make the economy pick up too.

So, we'll have to wait and see what the Republican move is on the economy.
      The special extended unemployment ended already.

Natural Gas killed coal. You'll see no improvement in Coal country by Nov of next year, not one bit. I'll await those excuses also.

Of course none of that is in scope of this thread. I'm talking about the posting habits of certain posters.

Search on 'Real unemployment' or 92 million, 94 million.....
      “To talk of many things:
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        The special extended unemployment ended already.

Natural Gas killed coal. You'll see no improvement in Coal country by Nov of next year, not one bit. I'll await those excuses also.

Of course none of that is in scope of this thread. I'm talking about the posting habits of certain posters.

Search on 'Real unemployment' or 92 million, 94 million.....
        Coal fired power plants are cheaper to run on coal than to convert to natural gas. Obama was forcing their premature closure. If that doesn't happen, they stay open, coal mining picks back up and these plants will be slowly replaced over time by natural gas as they should be.

The same goes for the Western states not wanting to allow shipping of coal overseas through their ports. That gets squashed and coal mining picks up.

If the Green Energy initiatives of Obama end, solar and wind get replaced by far more efficient and cost effective natural gas with the resultant boom in the economy rather than the drag of subsidizing expensive failures like the Ivanpah "bird cooker."

Comment

I predict that the media will suddenly remember that the U-6 number isn't accurate either and report on the numbers out of the work force and the total unemployment number.
          I predict that the media will always put Trump's actions in context with the liberal position, something they haven't been interested in for the last 8 years.

I predict they will suddenly remember that there is corruption in government and demand that Trump end it and hold him responsible for all such corruption.
          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Interesting to see the #one critic of my own predictions making them... but damnit, can't we EVER get a break from the next freaking election cycle?!?

I'm taking one, starting now.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

I predict that the media will do their job unlike the last 8 years and hold Trumps feet to the fire. I predict the dems will get Pelosi out of leadership role in the Congress unless they want to be a permanent minority thru 2020. I predict that info will come out that Hillary does indeed have some physical illness. I predict that not one of the retards that said they would move to Canada if Trump wins will actually move there. I predict that people at Walmart the day after thanksgiving will beat the crap out of each other. I predict I'll go fishing tomorrow morning.
              Last edited by Mystikeye; 09 Nov 16, 13:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                I predict that the media will do their job unlike the last 8 years and hold Trumps feet to the fire. I predict the dems will get Pelosi out of leadership role in the Congress unless they want to be a permanent minority thru 2020. I predict that info will come out that Hillary does indeed have some physical illness. I predict I'll go fishing tomorrow morning.
                Wrong prediction thread. This is about those of us that post in the Current Events board on various topics.

I'll not start any REAL prediction threads until President Elect Trump comes into office and actually starts trying to govern. Got to see what he actually promises with specifics. Then THAT fun can begin.

So please stick to topic. I know I've been drawn off I plan to stop.
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Three-way tie...

★ FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

★ SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward.

★ SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/contract/

I'm hoping he does #7 on Day One...
                  Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Another prediction: The Clinton Foundation will see a large drop in "donations."

Comment

Here's my prediction: CE will launch an endless series of Trump-bashing, USA-hating threads, which conveniently forgetting how confident he was that his girl would win.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                        Here's my prediction: CE will launch an endless series of Trump-bashing, USA-hating threads, which conveniently forgetting how confident he was that his girl would win.
                        Sorry I'll NOT be emulating the Rightwingers here or elsewhere. I have higher standards.

Nope, I'll simply be posting threads asking you Trump supports what's going on and why your suddenly changing all your standards for results by the sitting President. I'm 100% sure you guys will NOT disappoint.

Now you've not told me where in the Politburo I should mail my loyalty oath. Need the info Comrade. Putin can't be denied.
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                          Three-way tie...

★ FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

★ SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward.

★ SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/contract/

I'm hoping he does #7 on Day One...
                          I also hopes he does #7 very soon. It's interesting how "science" changes when the funding changes, or dries up.
                          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                            I also hopes he does #7 very soon. It's interesting how "science" changes when the funding changes, or dries up.
                            Ah, one of the number one guilty parties. So what unemployment number will we be tracking noe? How about the 94 million unemployed? We you be posting about them in the future. The new President might have a problem getting so 70 year olds jobs...
                            “To talk of many things:
                            Of cabbages—and kings—
                            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                              Yeah, that always amazed me: if they say there is no problem, there is no need for more grants. So they always find a problem. And it is always going to viably manifest itself after said researcher retires.

IF we awarded grants to disprove global warning every one of the same researchers would find cause to debunk it.

No one calls a plumber and asks them to see if they can find anything wrong with their pipes; of course they will find something.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X