• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
    The sooner you stop being British, the better

Paul
    At least we can agree on something.

@HPJ - according to my passport, I AM British, just not very happy about it.
    Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      As all of you who follow my posts know, I hold no great love for the British Empire.

However, it is in times of crisis that you learn what people are made of, and whom you can count upon.

As Europe surrenders their culture and future without a fight, taking refuge in a bureaucratic fascism as terror strikes go unpunished, and as America languished under a traitor as POTUS, all appeared to be lost. A new Dark Age was coming upon us.

Then came Brexit. The British people stood up and took their nation back. They refused to abandon their culture, society, and history. They spat in the eye of despair and took back what was theirs. It was a bright and shining movement, proof that not all had surrendered, that the lion still had sons who would stand up and be counted. It brought hope back into the world.

And today, inspired by their courage, those Americans who still remain loyal to our nation rose up and struck another blow. The USA can still call forth enough patriots to save itself.

Western Civilization may be doomed to be sold into darkness by appeasers and apologists, but today is not that day. Today we know victory, and serve a nation and a cause which will not go quietly into the night, but will instead rage against the darkness.

So as we celebrate this glorious day, we must remember our comrades across the water who stood their ground and won their own battle.

Thanks for that, but this isn't the end not for America and definitely not for the UK to misquote Churchill it isn't even the beginning of the end. The exit hasn't started for us and for you in four years the old familiar sneering faces will be back like dogs to vomit and they have four years of twisting the media for you to look forward to. Celebrate now but tomorrow you will need to be back on watch.
      "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        Do you REALLY think the average voter even knows about Brexit or even give a rats--- about it?
        I think the average voter is more accutely aware of demographics and immigration than the average media commentator and expert.
        Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
          I think the average voter is more accutely aware of demographics and immigration than the average media commentator and expert.
          Then why is the UK's Total Fertility Rate only 1.89
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
            Then why is the UK's Total Fertility Rate only 1.89
            I don't know but I'm sure you will factor the IRA into it somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
              I don't know but I'm sure you will factor the IRA into it somehow.
              Your attempt at wit notwithstanding . . . . Had you clicked that link, you'd have found that countries whose TFR exceeds 2.1 don't usually have problems with immigration. It's only low fertility countries that complain about immigration. Countries where one can only assume impotence is a major problem. What's wrong, too much cheap beer keeps British males from getting it up?

Or are young Britons simply too lazy to marry and procreate?

Your sloth is the migrants' opportunity. It's a simple real-world expression of supply and demand. You, who hails from the homeland of Adam Smith and David Ricardo, don't you believe in supply and demand?
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Your attempt at wit notwithstanding . . . . Had you clicked that link, you'd have found that countries whose TFR exceeds 2.1 don't usually have problems with immigration. It's only low fertility countries that complain about immigration. Countries where one can only assume impotence is a major problem. What's wrong, too much cheap beer keeps British males from getting it up?

Your sloth is the migrants' opportunity. It's a simple real-world expression of supply and demand. You, who hails from the homeland of Adam Smith and David Ricardo, don't you believe in supply and demand?
                Why don't you do some research into the cost of our housing?

Supply and demand? Hello?

Comment

Originally posted by PGT Beauregard View Post
                  If the Frenchies were not interested in America, today, you would probably eat lamb in mint sauce and drink a tepid beer.
                  Maybe.

But if the USA didn't pity the French, they would would definitely still be licking German boots.

Troll on in your over-sized print, Beau. You have my permission.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

As all of you who follow my posts know, I hold no great love for the British Empire.

However, it is in times of crisis that you learn what people are made of, and whom you can count upon.

As Europe surrenders their culture and future without a fight, taking refuge in a bureaucratic fascism as terror strikes go unpunished, and as America languished under a traitor as POTUS, all appeared to be lost. A new Dark Age was coming upon us.

Then came Brexit. The British people stood up and took their nation back. They refused to abandon their culture, society, and history. They spat in the eye of despair and took back what was theirs. It was a bright and shining movement, proof that not all had surrendered, that the lion still had sons who would stand up and be counted. It brought hope back into the world.

And today, inspired by their courage, those Americans who still remain loyal to our nation rose up and struck another blow. The USA can still call forth enough patriots to save itself.

Western Civilization may be doomed to be sold into darkness by appeasers and apologists, but today is not that day. Today we know victory, and serve a nation and a cause which will not go quietly into the night, but will instead rage against the darkness.

So as we celebrate this glorious day, we must remember our comrades across the water who stood their ground and won their own battle.

Ha, you've never fooled me, Arnold.
                    Even throughout our verbal battles over the British Empire, I suspected that,at heart you're a closet Englishman, with your Chris Barrie/Red Dwarf avatar and your Bertrand Russell quotations.
                    Still ,it's all very insightful of you,although I wonder if the average Trump voter knows-or cares- about what happens over the water.
                    But Good Stuff !
                    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Well thank goodness for the Brits and the French because here in Kentucky we've got the best of both, fine Bourbon and excellent horse racing.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                        Ha, you've never fooled me, Arnold.
                        Even throughout our verbal battles over the British Empire, I suspected that,at heart you're a closet Englishman, with your Chris Barrie/Red Dwarf avatar and your Bertrand Russell quotations.
                        Still ,it's all very insightful of you,although I wonder if the average Trump voter knows-or cares- about what happens over the water.
                        But Good Stuff !
                        I will admit a grudging respect for the thin red streak.

IMO Brexit did indeed help Trump win. It rallied the faithful in the face of a long-standing blizzard of biased press. It was bantered about a great deal, basically along the lines of 'If the Brits can do it, so can we".

I will concede that a majority probably have no real insight into what Brexit truly meant in political or economic terms (I expect that I don't, either), but the spirit of the thing came through: like the stand at Rourke's Drift, Brit voters stood against staggering odds, and fought their way through to daylight. It was a rallying cry.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I will admit a grudging respect for the thin red streak.

IMO Brexit did indeed help Trump win. It rallied the faithful in the face of a long-standing blizzard of biased press. It was bantered about a great deal, basically along the lines of 'If the Brits can do it, so can we".

I will concede that a majority probably have no real insight into what Brexit truly meant in political or economic terms (I expect that I don't, either), but the spirit of the thing came through: like the stand at Rourke's Drift, Brit voters stood against staggering odds, and fought their way through to daylight. It was a rallying cry.
                          That's very much how it felt to me as a Leave voter. Never before have the multinational elites united like that. They told us with one voice that the sky would fall, yet we stood resolute in our belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
                            I don't think that was all of it. Or even the main reason.

I think that Trump won because the electorate were pissed off with the status quo. Pissed off with the political elites and their cronyism. Angry and tired of having their futures sold out from under them by the rich, by the 'Job Creators' who sent all their jobs overseas to increase their profits and lower their operating costs.

They are mad about how their country has become the target of angry radicals around the globe. They are raging because their political system has been compromised and undersold without them being able to do anything about it.

Trump isn't the guy I would have picked, but He's smart. Smart enough to have picked up on the anger and run with it, tell them what they want to hear and get them behind him.

Hillary Clinton was so compromised going into this election that her chances of victory all rested in Trump shooting himself in the head (politically speaking)

She is perfect example of the political elite that the American people are tired of. She is a professional liar who won the Democratic primary nomination through a rigged, predetermined process. The people saw Sanders getting screwed, and that proved to many of them that she was what they feared her to be.

I think it's kind of funny that the DNC helped write their own defeat, wanting to boost the republican "Pied piper" candidates such as Trump, and Carson because they thought those would be easier to defeat than an established candidate like Bush or Rubio.

I Hope that both parties wake up and smell the reality of what this election signals. That the American people are unhappy with the status quo, and want real change... I also wonder how long they're going to be happy with the change that they have just wrought.
                            All of that, plus one more thing:

My entire voting life, everything has focused around the 'minority vote'. For 3 election cycles there's been no thought given to the working class whites.....at all. This despite a long history of working class white people being the ones that built the freaking country from the ground up.....they were ignored, and between elections branded racists, misogynists, bigots, rednecks, and so on.

Trump didn't go out there and specifically court the white vote, despite what's been said. But he's the first candidate in 12 years to basically say "Hey white guys, you're ok too." Your good ol' boys are a longsuffering lot, but they needed to hear that they're not the worst people in the world from time to time......tell them that they're an alright sort and they'll come out of the woodwork.
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

We are mammals and just like our wild cousins are still regulated by nature whether we realise/like it or not,we procreate more when we are secure in our surroundings, looking around the UK nowadays does not leave me feeling secure.
                              If one has a nagging feeling of any offspring growing up into a difficult and hostile world we tend to lay off the fornication,just like our animal cousins do.

You seem to labour under the misapprehension that we are a nation of lazybones,feckless and dependant on welfare.
                              The truth is that while our minimum wage is 7.20ph the minimum wage in Romania is currently 1.05ph, this means that a British national has to work all hours just to keep the wolf from the door, see if you can find the average hours worked per week in Europe and note how high the UK comes out.
                              A Romanian econo-migrant can come here and wash dishes for 7 times his home countries min wage, that is the equivalent of me going to Romania and being paid 50.00ph.
                              This country being awash with unwashed has nothing to do with an alleged reluctance to work as you so fondly imagine, it has everything to do with unchecked immigration to a country which introduced a moderately high min wage to benefit her own people.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                                All of that, plus one more thing:

My entire voting life, everything has focused around the 'minority vote'. For 3 election cycles there's been no thought given to the working class whites.....at all. This despite a long history of working class white people being the ones that built the freaking country from the ground up.....they were ignored, and between elections branded racists, misogynists, bigots, rednecks, and so on.

Trump didn't go out there and specifically court the white vote, despite what's been said. But he's the first candidate in 12 years to basically say "Hey white guys, you're ok too." Your good ol' boys are a longsuffering lot, but they needed to hear that they're not the worst people in the world from time to time......tell them that they're an alright sort and they'll come out of the woodwork.
                                This is a powerful observation.

Coupled with the DNP's betrayal of Sanders and much deeper support from minorities who are also tired of receiving lip service from the DNP this gave Trump the win.

Helped by the press' hysterical, unethical, and openly fictional involvement in the election.

People are tired of the rule by self-proclaimed 'elites'.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X