A tribute to the British people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tribute to the British people

As all of you who follow my posts know, I hold no great love for the British Empire.

However, it is in times of crisis that you learn what people are made of, and whom you can count upon.

As Europe surrenders their culture and future without a fight, taking refuge in a bureaucratic fascism as terror strikes go unpunished, and as America languished under a traitor as POTUS, all appeared to be lost. A new Dark Age was coming upon us.

Then came Brexit. The British people stood up and took their nation back. They refused to abandon their culture, society, and history. They spat in the eye of despair and took back what was theirs. It was a bright and shining movement, proof that not all had surrendered, that the lion still had sons who would stand up and be counted. It brought hope back into the world.

And today, inspired by their courage, those Americans who still remain loyal to our nation rose up and struck another blow. The USA can still call forth enough patriots to save itself.

Western Civilization may be doomed to be sold into darkness by appeasers and apologists, but today is not that day. Today we know victory, and serve a nation and a cause which will not go quietly into the night, but will instead rage against the darkness.

So as we celebrate this glorious day, we must remember our comrades across the water who stood their ground and won their own battle.

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Excellent post.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Your greatness !
      A tribute to your own self importance , and a song for rejection.
      That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Aww shucks fellas ....

"COOMMAAAAAAANNNNDOOOO!!!!!"
        - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

Lol, don't tell me you found a politician to believe in and it was Trump?

Not even the British made brexit sound as dramatic as you do, it's not really that big of a deal.
          Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            As all of you who follow my posts know, I hold no great love for the British Empire.

However, it is in times of crisis that you learn what people are made of, and whom you can count upon.

As Europe surrenders their culture and future without a fight, taking refuge in a bureaucratic fascism as terror strikes go unpunished, and as America languished under a traitor as POTUS, all appeared to be lost. A new Dark Age was coming upon us.

Then came Brexit. The British people stood up and took their nation back. They refused to abandon their culture, society, and history. They spat in the eye of despair and took back what was theirs. It was a bright and shining movement, proof that not all had surrendered, that the lion still had sons who would stand up and be counted. It brought hope back into the world.

And today, inspired by their courage, those Americans who still remain loyal to our nation rose up and struck another blow. The USA can still call forth enough patriots to save itself.

Western Civilization may be doomed to be sold into darkness by appeasers and apologists, but today is not that day. Today we know victory, and serve a nation and a cause which will not go quietly into the night, but will instead rage against the darkness.

So as we celebrate this glorious day, we must remember our comrades across the water who stood their ground and won their own battle.

I posted this in response on the MSN site to a certain Rich Ballion some three hours ago:

Rich Baillon
            "what a surprising year 2016 has turned out to be! It will be interesting to see what happens over the next 4 years UK and US and just how far back we slip, I reckon 50/60 years is about where we will end up"

Me
            "Good! Then perhaps we will get back to common sense and £u[k off all this P.C $#1t. The liberal-left law-lord, Educational, media, and social engineering loonies have had their day in the sunshine but now it's time for them to step out into the arctic wilderness.

If those lefty-liberals think that they have seen it all, just wait until the new year where the countries of Europe will take another huge step to getting their nations back too!

God bless America! You have saved yourselves and the rest of Western civilization yet again with no little help from the example that was set by the people of your mother country that voted to leave the E.Uegh!"

Paul
            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
            All human ills he can subdue,
            Or with a bauble or medal
            Can win mans heart for you;
            And many a blessing know to stew
            To make a megloamaniac bright;
            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

The sooner I stop being British, the better.
              Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

It's funny to see that one more time the the General de Gaulle was right (50 years earlier than anyone), he didn't want England to be a member of EU. You should be grateful to him dear Brexiters.
                à vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire (triumph without peril brings no glory) P. Corneille

Le probleme avec les cons, c'est qu'il ne se fatiguent jamais
                (The problem with Pr.cks, is that they never get tired ) Michel Audiard

Comment

Originally posted by PGT Beauregard View Post
                  It's funny to see that one more time the the General de Gaulle was right (50 years earlier than anyone), he didn't want England to be a member of EU. You should be grateful to him dear Brexiters.
                  Yes,the General was right about that.....but then the General was right about a lot of other things, yet our own people pick and choose to accept or reject the General's quotes at their own convenience. Personally, I wish we could bring him back, clone him if we must...but that is not how civilization learns from itself.

The fact of the matter is, there are some form of radical politics which transcends national borders and cultural boundaries. We are almost 50 years from the time the Generation of '68 decided not just to change things but to flip everything upside down. They effectively destroyed the Centrist's platform and we are still paying for this....

What amazes me the most, is how many are refusing to accept the obvious reasons for Trump's victory. Among other things, it wasn't that the Hillary was involved in so many different kinds of nefarious and questionable dealings and engaging in double-standards when it came to her ex-President husband.....it was because her supporters DIDN'T CARE.

The lesser of two evils.....this is not a choice.
                  Last edited by asterix; 09 Nov 16, 08:43.
                  You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                    Your greatness !
                    A tribute to your own self importance , and a song for rejection.
                    Our Revolution succeeded. Yours failed. Get over it.

Don't know why a Frenchie would be all so discombobulated over an American election. American foreign policy is not going to change that much (it never really does), and what happens domestically here...well, why give a merde?

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post
                      Yes,the General was right about that.....but then the General was right about a lot of other things, yet our own people pick and choose to accept or reject the General's quotes at their own convenience. Personally, I wish we could bring him back, clone him if we must...but that is not how civilization learns from itself.

The fact of the matter is, there are some form of radical politics which transcends national borders and cultural boundaries. We are almost 50 years from the time the Generation of '68 decided not just to change things but to flip everything upside down. They effectively destroyed the Centrist's platform and we are still paying for this....

What amazes me the most, is how many are refusing to accept the obvious reasons for Trump's victory. Among other things, it wasn't that the Hillary was involved in so many different kinds of nefarious and questionable dealings and engaging in double-standards when it came to her ex-President husband.....it was because her supporters DIDN'T CARE.

The lesser of two evils.....this is not a choice.
                      I don't think that was all of it. Or even the main reason.

I think that Trump won because the electorate were pissed off with the status quo. Pissed off with the political elites and their cronyism. Angry and tired of having their futures sold out from under them by the rich, by the 'Job Creators' who sent all their jobs overseas to increase their profits and lower their operating costs.

They are mad about how their country has become the target of angry radicals around the globe. They are raging because their political system has been compromised and undersold without them being able to do anything about it.

Trump isn't the guy I would have picked, but He's smart. Smart enough to have picked up on the anger and run with it, tell them what they want to hear and get them behind him.

Hillary Clinton was so compromised going into this election that her chances of victory all rested in Trump shooting himself in the head (politically speaking)

She is perfect example of the political elite that the American people are tired of. She is a professional liar who won the Democratic primary nomination through a rigged, predetermined process. The people saw Sanders getting screwed, and that proved to many of them that she was what they feared her to be.

I think it's kind of funny that the DNC helped write their own defeat, wanting to boost the republican "Pied piper" candidates such as Trump, and Carson because they thought those would be easier to defeat than an established candidate like Bush or Rubio.

I Hope that both parties wake up and smell the reality of what this election signals. That the American people are unhappy with the status quo, and want real change... I also wonder how long they're going to be happy with the change that they have just wrought.
                      BoRG
                      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                        Our Revolution succeeded. Yours failed. Get over it.

Don't know why a Frenchie would be all so discombobulated over an American election. American foreign policy is not going to change that much (it never really does), and what happens domestically here...well, why give a merde?

Tuebor
                        Actually a little history, their revolution was first, and it succeeded. And they helped you win yours.

Ironic that you would be ignorant of that in our little History forum
                        BoRG
                        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
                          Actually a little history, their revolution was first, and it succeeded. And they helped you win yours.

Ironic that you would be ignorant of that in our little History forum
                          What happens when you only know Mel Brooks view's (hilarious btw) regarding french history.

And yes , what happens in the most powerful country in the world may be of interest for my kids,my missus and me and the economy of my country.
                          But for this ,you have to google "Europe" and see that at the end of this beautiful Atlantic , you got some nice guys .
                          And know what ?
                          They made you.

Comment

The rise of economic populism, xenophobia and outright bigotry espoused as national policy, corporatism run amok, the breakdown of international political institutions, multiple poles of power arising across the globe, with the great powers twiddling their thumbs on the sidelines too anxious to use their strength . . . .

Sounds like the 1930s -- except we're in 2016.
                            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                              The rise of economic populism, xenophobia and outright bigotry espoused as national policy, corporatism run amok, the breakdown of international political institutions, multiple poles of power arising across the globe, with the great powers twiddling their thumbs on the sidelines too anxious to use their strength . . . .

Sounds like the 1930s -- except we're in 2016.
                              Bingo Tonio !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X