No announcement yet.

ACG official US election thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with the slow results from the mid west States do they not have electronic voting machines or something?

Comment

• Trump ahead in Alaska and by a lot.
      “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
      ― Groucho Marx

Comment

• I did think he would do better than many thought, but I did not think he could win it. Damn - from a shitty choice to this result. Poor Americans and all the rest of us too.
        "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
        G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
        Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

• Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
          That was my call, effectively, moreover that the pollsters had not modelled it because unusual demographics would mobilise for Trump, just as they did for Obama.

The BBC radio presenter was nearly in tears when the radio clicked on this morning so I thought Trump had done well. He was suggesting it was still a fight though and Clinton could win.
          Interesting which BBC radio presenter was almost in tears this morning?
          Last edited by Sergio; 09 Nov 16, 00:38.
          "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
          G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
          Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

• Trump takes Pennsylvania. Clinton down to her last out in the bottom of the ninth.
            “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
            ― Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
              Now someone from his staff has to go to the library and come back with a real map of the world .
              In order to know it by heart when January comes
              No, he's going to let Mike Pence handle it. Or maybe not, perhaps his Russian friends at Alfa Bank and Carter Page/Paul Manafort will handle it better. That's probably the best way. After all, we can let the Russians bomb their way around the globe instead of us. Much better for our PR and the Russians like to do it their way anyways. None of that free press/transparency stuff for them. Just so much grass for the useful idiots to chew on.

Comment

• Originally posted by VinceW View Post
                What's the deal with the slow results from the mid west States do they not have electronic voting machines or something?
                In Missouri it was a paper ballot marked with a pen.......then fed into an electronic deposit slot..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                  Interesting which BBC radio presenter was almost in tears this morning?
                  Rachael maddow is fighting back tears..........

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                    Rachael maddow is fighting back tears..........
                    ― Groucho Marx

Comment

• Baghdad Bob has just taken the stage and said it's not over for Clinton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
                        Trump takes Pennsylvania. Clinton down to her last out in the bottom of the ninth.
                        Pennsylvania locked it up for Trump...
                        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer400 View Post
                          No. No, we don't have to at all. Why should the GOP block any of his ideas? There's no reason to. They'll get run over if they do so it's better that they go along with it. Hell, most of the time they're perfectly ok with the stuff he says; they just wring their hands and utter the proforma moans to show how "aggrieved" they are as a way to show how "compassionate" they are. And now that he's got a white populist mandate behind him, they're just going to fall in line and be the yes men they are. So he's going to give it his all to get whatever he can get and use the "populist" mandate as a bludgeon to achieve whatever his goals are. He really did study up his 'Mein Kampf' after all.

Make America Grope Again!
                          From my stats you can see I have been here a while and seldom post. Mostly "atta boy" type of posts and some relevant comments.
                          As I previously stated, this is a historic moment.
                          He does not have a "white populist mandate". He has an Office given to him by those opposed to his opponent. i.e. I would expect a great many Hispanic men who are successful in their life voted for him for the same reason as myself.
                          Because of that approach, Republican support for his most extreme targets will be minimal. Paul Ryan will still hold his Office. Whoever he names to the SC will still block his most strident utterances.
                          Kennedy-Nixon created my interest in politics. I've watched the 14 elections since. Taught it for 36 years. This is a major point in American History. Whatever the American Dream means, it includes a potential opportunity for individual success based upon individual drive. I believe that this was the 'tipping point" for the election.
                          A President elected by default is not the best moment in American History.
                          May God Bless our future.
                          My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

• Originally posted by VinceW View Post
                            What's the deal with the slow results from the mid west States do they not have electronic voting machines or something?
                            We duz. Each machine tallies the number of votes, but write in votes need to be tallied too, which means those ballots have to be counted by hand. They are counted more than once to be sure. The precincts then send the information to the county, which then needs to be sent to the state. Absentee ballots then are fed into the machines (usually after the polls close), and they too will have write in ballots etc etc.

I was monitoring for the local college millage (as well as some county races that would affect our own political plans for the local museum), and the last AV ballot from the last precinct only arrived at 1:30am. Then the votes need to be certified, and THEN they are sent to the state, which has their own procedures etc.

And some times the crap breaks. For example, One township's electronic card lost its data, so the poor clerk had to enter all the information for the precinct by hand, and that meant it could receive no incoming data from other precincts.

Also note, U.S. ballots are VERY LARGE. Think 8.5 x 17 double columned on both sides of the paper. President, senator, congressman, (sometimes governor), state house senator and representative, county commissioner, sheriff, municipality offices (clerks, commissioners, drain commissioner, road commissioner, treasurer, etc), public college regents, judges (district and circuit), etc etc and of course any ballot issues..

In our smallish county, each precinct reported about 4 double columned sheets of results.

Process takes a while. The machines have sped up the process considerably.

Tuebor

Comment

• Wisconsin has been called Trump wins!

Comment

• Good luck to you guys !

And good luck to all of us....
                                That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X