Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'perceived' bigot?

Is that the same as 'assume'?

I see Trump as a regular guy for the most part. I for one have done/said/implied plenty of stupid/Ignorant things in my life. That doesn't mean I am the same person now. I think that is why he won.
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
      Hillary ordered the pollsters to rig their polls ;the result was that the Democrats believed their own lies .

There were polls giving Hillary an advance of more than 6 % in PV and more than 300 EV .

I can't understand why the Democrats wasted their money on falsified polls (the polls were falsified : Wiki Leaks prove that Podesta ordered to increase the number of Democrats in the samples ),while it is so that polls (falsified or not ) are useless : they do not influence the outcome of the elections .There is not one voter who changes his vote after reading a poll .
      The reasoning behind doing that is to reduce the Republican voter turnout. Make them think they're guys not going to win, they don't go and vote, opponents voter turnout is lower, Hillary wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
        That "bigot" thing goes both ways also, per your view. It's we "deplorables" and "little people" whom voted against "perceived bigot" HRC.
        Against whites? I'm sure some do legitimately feel that way unfortunately. According to a podcast I was listening to last night, white people are disenfranchised in America. That was a shocker to me, and not surprisingly he didn't express how or why that's the case. The question of what they should do if they don't like people of another race was also brought up. I guess the implication there is they should be able to hate and discriminate without people like Hillary telling them that's not civilized behavior.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          With out counting you? What percentage are the so called angry whites?
          As opposed to the angry brown vote? Or the angry black vote? Whites aren't allowed to get angry, only minorities are? Or are you arguing that a white vote doesn't count as much as a minority vote?

Comment

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
            Against whites? I'm sure some do legitimately feel that way unfortunately. According to a podcast I was listening to last night, white people are disenfranchised in America. That was a shocker to me, and not surprisingly he didn't express how or why that's the case. The question of what they should do if they don't like people of another race was also brought up. I guess the implication there is they should be able to hate and discriminate without people like Hillary telling them that's not civilized behavior.
            Don't ya think that goes both ways? Everybody has to learn to live with people they don't like. Such is life.
            SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• Well yesterday at this hour I just got finished putting in my vote for Clinton..and writing in FDR, Andrew Jackson and a few others on the down ballots. So I grabbed a beer and looked forward to Mrs Clinton winning the election...I knew I did my job by voting for Mrs Clinton. I was honestly stunned to have awoke at a little before 3 am only to see the headlines read "DONALD TRUMP ELECTED PRESIDENT". I told myself when I woke up there was no need to turn on the tv, that it was a formaiiltiy and Mrs Clinton had won...well I was wrong.

I sit here now, the day after the election.. having a beer..and I am still a bit stunned that Mr Trump is the POTUS. Wow, wow....what more can be said, the Donald is our President and hopefully better days are ahead for America.
              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

• Related,

World reaction to Donald Trump's election win

Russia

Russian President Vladimir Putin sent Trump a telegram congratulating him on his win. The two men had expressed mutual respect and even admiration for one another during the campaign process.

In a brief statement Wednesday, the Kremlin said Putin expressed “his hope to work together for removing Russian-American relations from their crisis state.”

Putin also said he has “confidence that building a constructive dialogue between Moscow and Washington that is based on principles of equality, mutual respect and a real accounting each other’s positions, in the interests of our peoples and the world community.”

Mexico,

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto is congratulating the U.S. on its election - though not directly winner Donald Trump, who alarmed many by describing Mexican migrants as murderers and rapists.

Pena Nieto has sent a series of tweets repeating his readiness to work with Trump “in favor of the bilateral relationship.” He says Mexico and the U.S. “are friends, partners and allies who should continue collaborating for the competitiveness and development of North America.”

France

French President Francois Hollande says the election of Donald Trump “opens a period of uncertainty. It must be faced with lucidity and clarity.”

In brief remarks after the weekly Cabinet meeting, Hollande congratulated Trump “as is natural between two heads of state,” but showed little enthusiasm. Hollande had openly endorsed Hillary Clinton and said Wednesday he was thinking of her

NATO

The head of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization -- the cornerstone of transatlantic peace and security since the end of World War II -- did issue a statement congratulating Trump, but there was anxiety in his remarks as well. Trump vowed on the campaign trail to ensure NATO allies pay more into the alliance, suggesting he could even withdraw the U.S. from it if other countries failed to pay their “fair share.”

China

Chinese President Xi Jinping has conveyed his congratulations to U.S. President-elect Donald Trump, saying he looked forward to working with Trump on promoting ties in a “constructive” way that avoids conflict and confrontation.

During his campaign, Trump accused China of illegally subsidizing exports, manipulating its currency and stealing intellectual property.

State broadcaster CCTV reported Wednesday that Xi said the two biggest economies in the world shared common interests and shouldered a “special and important responsibility in upholding world peace.”

Britain

Relatively new British Prime Minister Theresa May, a Conservative Party leader who was herself swept to power as a result of the political turmoil in her country caused by the surprise vote to leave the European Union, congratulated Trump on Wednesday.

“I would like to congratulate Donald Trump on being elected the next president of the United States, following a hard-fought campaign,” said May in a statement.

“Britain and the United States have an enduring and special relationship based on the values of freedom, democracy and enterprise. We are, and will remain, strong and close partners on trade, security and defence,” she said.

Turkey

Turkey’s justice minister says a change of presidents in the United States won’t make a big difference to the “deep-rooted” relations between the two countries.

Bekiz Bozdag told the state-run Anadolu Agency on Wednesday: “in essence our relations are relations between two states and we hope that under the new presidential term the Turkish-U.S. relations will be much better. That is our expectation.”

more international reactions can be read at,

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/world-re...-uncertainity/

George S Patton

Comment

• Messy Truth: Van Jones visits Trump voters in their homes for an honest conversation:

Related,

George S Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                    'perceived' bigot?

Is that the same as 'assume'?

I see Trump as a regular guy for the most part. I for one have done/said/implied plenty of stupid/Ignorant things in my life. That doesn't mean I am the same person now. I think that is why he won.
                    Unfortunately he is a regular guy and not very Presidential.

Perception is reality. Whether accurate or not people will act based on their perception. In the eyes of many Trump is a bigot. Whether or not that's a 100% accurate assessment, I don't know, but I do know he has said some things which have led to such a perception. Mind you, no other republican remotely received similar tags.

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                    Don't ya think that goes both ways? Everybody has to learn to live with people they don't like. Such is life.
                    Yes. But, I don't think there's any reason to dislike minorities. It shouldn't be about having to find ways to tolerate them.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Your depth of cluelessness never cease to amaze me. Since we're being anecdotal here, my experience has been that the most bigoted and racist people tend to be liberals and democrats, far more often than conservatives, and the franchise isn't exclusive to whites only. Hillary displayed a lot of bigotry and prejudice in her comments, both public and via the wiki-leaks.
                      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                      “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                      Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                        Protesters take to the streets following Trump's stunner
                        http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...5nVC?li=AA5a8k
                        Stating truth is an insult? Classic response for an Islamist.
                        Please dont call me an Islamist...I take that as an insult.

My point to you was you ought to congratulate Mrs Clinton on a hard fought campaign..which is what Mr Trump did last night in his acceptance speech.

George S Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Progressives acting like Progressives...
                          Wait a second. Teddy Roosevelt was a progressive. There is nothing wrong with progressive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progre...d_States,_1912)

George S Patton

Comment

Perception is reality. Whether accurate or not people will act based on their perception. In the eyes of many Trump is a bigot. Whether or not that's a 100% accurate assessment, I don't know, but I do know he has said some things which have led to such a perception. Mind you, no other republican remotely received similar tags....
                            And yet your side always labels them the same way.
                            The same accusations that have no foundation in the truth, are based on deliberately twisted 'quotes' and re-interpretations of.... DAMN, have you even read your own post?

That is a freaking pretzel of illogic and flat-out pandering to base stupidity. "in the eyes of many" WHO?
                            "I don't know" NO KIDDING!
                            "such a perception" No, perception is NOT reality.
                            One thing is one thing, the other is something else entirely.

However, such a display of masturbatory language and in-the-bubble views deserves special recognition.
                            And here is your award-

Enjoy!

Comment

• Race and sex should not absolve you of the adult responsibility to be self critical.

It is no coincidence that post modernism is the preferred philosophy of many activists. If you don't have evidence and reason on your side then adopting a philosophy we're nothing can be falsified is a cynical but effective strategy.

Nobody wants to be labeled as immoral. When you set up a system where group identity trumps individual character it becomes impossible for any individual to defend themselves against charges of sexism or racism.

If you vote for someone because of their race or sex that is racist and sexist. No amount of oppression resolves you of the responsibility to offer rational arguments to support your positions and actions.
                              We hunt the hunters

Comment

• Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                                Please dont call me an Islamist...I take that as an insult.

My point to you was you ought to congratulate Mrs Clinton on a hard fought campaign..which is what Mr Trump did last night in his acceptance speech.
                                Trump is more gracious, and public, than I am. I consider her campaign divisive and dishonest.

As for insults, review your posts, you receive quid-pro-quo. Consider the case of waddles like a duck , quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, must be a ...
                                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                                “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                                Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X