ACG official US election thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    The only polling failings were in the Rust Belt states of MI, WI, and PA. The rest were pretty much 100%. So 48 of 51. not bad.
    The General election polls were a bit off as well.
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
      What the people think is irrelevant to the accuracy of the actual data. The "public" can be ignorant and superstitious, but it's their own fault for not actually understanding a figure before giving it credibility and misunderstanding what is actually being said.

The pollsters were, for the most part, right on the money when it comes to the national (aka popular) vote. Trying to accuse them of witchcraft for being wrong on something they didn't say is ludicrous - doubly so when their claims are accurate when you pay attention to what they actually did say.
      Not only the public but the stock market, bookmakers and media experts around the world were all equally suckered by the pollster predictions.

It is everyone's fault but the poor innocent, misunderstood pollster who rightly predicted a thumping EC win for Trump all the way through and justified all the time and money they burned in their call on a two horse race.
      Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

• Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
        They were fairly close for Clinton and way off for Trump.

Clinton's 47.7% fell just above the polling mean and well-within the margin of error. Trump's 47.5% was well above the polling mean and outside the margin of error of all 4-way polls except for one, the IBD/TIPP survey.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

• Originally posted by General Staff View Post
          Having just watched Clinton and Obama's speeches, I can't help admiring their grace and dignity in defeat, in possibly marked contrast to how Trump would have behaved if he'd lost.

But I'd agree with them- got to put this behind us and move on together (somehow).
          It's that "rank-n-file", the ones whom were defacing, damaging and stealing Trump campaign signs, etc;
          Protesters take to the streets following Trump's stunner
          http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...5nVC?li=AA5a8k
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
          “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
          Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

You need to talk to the pro Trump folks who are insulting Clinton and the "left" like G David Bock.. General staffs message was a unifying message.
            Stating truth is an insult? Classic response for an Islamist.

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
              It's that "rank-n-file", the ones whom were defacing, damaging and stealing Trump campaign signs, etc;
              Progressives acting like Progressives...

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Progressives acting like Progressives...
                "A student protest at the University of Mississippi against the re-election of President Obama turned disorderly on Wednesday morning, with some students chanting racial epithets and two arrested for disorderly conduct.

The university said in a statement that a crowd of 400 people formed at the student union shortly before midnight after reports of a riot spread on social media. Some students yelled racial slurs and profanity in anger over Mr. Obama’s re-election, the statement said. Photographs posted online showed students lighting Obama campaign signs on fire."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/us...ns-unruly.html

The hypocrisy on both sides really needs to stop.

As stated in another thread, we don't deserve any better than Trump if this is how we're going to act and react.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                  "A student protest at the University of Mississippi against the re-election of President Obama turned disorderly on Wednesday morning, with some students chanting racial epithets and two arrested for disorderly conduct.

The university said in a statement that a crowd of 400 people formed at the student union shortly before midnight after reports of a riot spread on social media. Some students yelled racial slurs and profanity in anger over Mr. Obama’s re-election, the statement said. Photographs posted online showed students lighting Obama campaign signs on fire."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/us...ns-unruly.html
                  I never said that the Right couldn't do such things too. What I am pointing out however, is that with the Left such behavior is normal and expected. On the Right it is more of an exception.

The hypocrisy on both sides really needs to stop.

As stated in another thread, we don't deserve any better than Trump if this is how we're going to act and react.
                  Agreed.

Comment

• Ha I've trademarked Trump Weed.
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Hillary ordered the pollsters to rig their polls ;the result was that the Democrats believed their own lies .

There were polls giving Hillary an advance of more than 6 % in PV and more than 300 EV .

I can't understand why the Democrats wasted their money on falsified polls (the polls were falsified : Wiki Leaks prove that Podesta ordered to increase the number of Democrats in the samples ),while it is so that polls (falsified or not ) are useless : they do not influence the outcome of the elections .There is not one voter who changes his vote after reading a poll .

Comment

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                        Ha I've trademarked Trump Weed.
                        Share with your friends .
                        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• You've obviously have no idea about capitalism.

It's mine sucker, Mine and only mine....

(Sorry its this greed thing.)
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            Ha I've trademarked Trump Weed.
                            Is that a play off of Boss Tweed...?

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              I never said that the Right couldn't do such things too. What I am pointing out however, is that with the Left such behavior is normal and expected. On the Right it is more of an exception.

Agreed.

Both sides have things that they won't tolerate, triggering points if you want to call them that. Take away the 2nd amendment from the right and there will be fire in the streets, or worse. Elect a perceived bigot and the left will react in the same manner. No side is immune from reacting in extreme ways under the right circumstances. There are certain things that people simply will not tolerate and will not stand for. That's human nature so I wouldn't say any side is better than the other. The only difference is what's perceived to be intolerable.

In the end I don't see what's wrong in trying to find common ground. So long as the constitution isn't being sacrificed in the process. You want a more conservative and right-leaning President, great. But, can we meet in the middle and not have one that's a perceived bigot...
                              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                                Both sides have things that they won't tolerate, triggering points if you want to call them that. Take away the 2nd amendment from the right and there will be fire in the streets, or worse. Elect a perceived bigot and the left will react in the same manner. No side is immune from reacting in extreme ways under the right circumstances. There are certain things that people simply will not tolerate and will not stand for. That's human nature so I wouldn't say any side is better than the other. The only difference is what's perceived to be intolerable.

In the end I don't see what's wrong in trying to find common ground. So long as the constitution isn't being sacrificed in the process. You want a more conservative and right-leaning President, great. But, can we meet in the middle and not have one that's a perceived bigot...
                                That "bigot" thing goes both ways also, per your view. It's we "deplorables" and "little people" whom voted against "perceived bigot" HRC.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X