ACG official US election thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
    If he appoints either Sarah Palin or his own son to any high position, the swamp will be remaining. Handing out positions to family and direct political supporters is not how you go about changing the political culture in Washington.
    I go with Harold "Frack 'em all" Hamm at Interior and Robert Bryce at Energy...

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
      In one night I see Hillary defeated, am promised four years of Trumpertainment, and best of all will have a whole raft of interesting electoral data to pour over.

A good night indeed!

Another plus is I predict that the media will suddenly find government fraud and scandals worth reporting on.

I am now hopeful that the abuses that have been exposed at the IRS and VA will finally be addressed rather than swept under the rug.

And we can expect BO to pardon Hillary, Huma and Weiner before he leaves.
      The justification will be not that they are guilty of anything, but that they will be persecuted solely for political reasons.

I think weiner will be included because the investigation into his alleged crimes will tend to expose things about Huma and Hillary and that needs to be stopped.
      Just an opinion.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
        After the Billy Bush crap, I had to sit out of the political threads... Because, I knew I would have gone "scorched earth." And I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings here.

Trump could be the next Ronald Reagan or the next Warren G. Harding. Either way, he will fill 1-4 Supreme Court vacancies with justices who are likely to be constructionists.

Will the Rocky Mountain Windbag pivot again too?
        First question then, will the GOP dump the filibuster? If not why should them Dems not replicate the GOPs refusal to allow any nominee to come to the floor? If they change it will the those on this board complain like they did before or flip flop?

I don't know who the Rocky Mountain Wind Bag is????
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
          In an effort to explain Clinton's inexplicable loss, the lying media suddenly attacks... the lying media... This from the slavishly pro-Clinton The Guardian no less.. There will be a lot of them a culpa among the media in the next few days, as various news outlets will blame the media-as-such rather than themselves in particular.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...inton-liberals
          There ya go... a giant factor IMO.
          SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            First question then, will the GOP dump the filibuster? If not why should them Dems not replicate the GOPs refusal to allow any nominee to come to the floor? If they change it will the those on this board complain like they did before or flip flop?
            Any nominee is going to take forever to get confirmed, but one can only keep it up for so long before filibustering becomes politically untenable. GOP has gotten away with it, because Obama is a Lame Duck, and it is not without precedent for the Senate to await the new President.

I don't know who the Rocky Mountain Wind Bag is????
            I think he is referring to M.M.

Tuebor

Comment

• I'll tell you what... I watched the talking heads on the various MSM news channels until about midnight last night...

They were absolutely stunned. You could see the utter disappointment in their faces. I thought a couple of the women, one on ABC in particular, were going to cry. They were almost at a total loss to explain why Hillary lost and lost pretty thoroughly.

The first thought that came to mind is the insular nature of Progressives that populate these newsrooms so heavily. They literally are on another planet when it comes to understanding about 80% of the general population.

Well, looks like we got the clown instead of the criminal...

Comment

[...]
                Bill Frist refused to use the "nuclear option" because he didn't want to set the precedent. The logic was that the Democrats would be justified in suspending the filibuster for judicial nominees if the Republicans did it.

Harry Reid ignored Senate tradition and used the nuclear option, setting the precedent. The GOP should follow Harry Reid's precedent as it pertains to judicial nominees.

There is no ethical obligation for the Republicans to allow Democrats to filibuster judicial nominees. Rules don't work if only one side follows them.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Acheron View Post
                  Looks like the Americans voted in a way that Trump can accept. Let's hope they do the same in four years. A candidate who won't accept a result he doesn't like is bad enough, an acting head-of-state doing this though...
                  We've had an acting head of state for eight years, time now for a real one.

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                    We've had an acting head of state for eight years, time now for a real one.

Comment

0.05c minds in $500 suits?

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                      Now someone from his staff has to go to the library and come back with a real map of the world.
                      Don't worry, done already...

Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
                      (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

• Originally posted by General Staff View Post
                        Don't worry, done already...

[img.../img]
                        Straight to my FaceBook page...

Comment

Bill Frist refused to use the "nuclear option" because he didn't want to set the precedent. The logic was that the Democrats would be justified in suspending the filibuster for judicial nominees if the Republicans did it.

Harry Reid ignored Senate tradition and used the nuclear option, setting the precedent. The GOP should follow Harry Reid's precedent as it pertains to judicial nominees.

There is no ethical obligation for the Republicans to allow Democrats to filibuster judicial nominees. Rules don't work if only one side follows them.
                          Dems did follow them concerning SC nominees. So yes, the GOP WILL be changing the game.

I'm all for it. The Senate Filibuster should have been jetsoned a 100 years ago.

I just enjoy those people that are two faced to have complained about it for the last 4 years and yet will not do so if it get changed.

Speaking of that I'm sure come July we'll see a LOT of posters suddenly changing all kinds of posting points. I'll have to make some predictions later in the week.
                          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          And why the sea is boiling hot—
                          And whether pigs have wings.”
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Dems did follow them concerning SC nominees. So yes, the GOP WILL be changing the game.
                            A difference without a distinction.

Originally posted by Combat Engineer
                            I'm all for it. The Senate Filibuster should have been jetsoned a 100 years ago.
                            It's a good rule as it pertains to legislation. The Senate is supposed to be the slower, more deliberative body. I would just change it back to the original version... Where the filibusterer had to stand and talk for the duration of the filibuster.

Judicial nominations are supposed to be with the "advice and consent" of the Senate. If the framers intended a super-majority requirement, they would have written it down in the Constitution.

That said, preserving the Constitution is far more important than observing long-standing Senate rules and traditions. So, changing the rules to prevent the confirmation of activist judges at all levels is fine by me.

I just enjoy those people that are two faced to have complained about it for the last 4 years and yet will not do so if it get changed.
                            Harry Reid pulled the trigger. I just can't believe that Frist was gullible enough to believe his example would be upheld by Democrats.

Speaking of that I'm sure come July we'll see a LOT of posters suddenly changing all kinds of posting points. I'll have to make some predictions later in the week.
                            Saying that it's OK for a cop to shoot a criminal, doesn't create an ethical or logical requirement to say that it's OK for a criminal to shoot a cop.

Comment

• Some suggestion that Clinton is waiting to see the final results from Michigan prior to making her concession speech

EDIT: Trump wins Michigan by 2350 votes. Expect the concession speech very soon
                              Last edited by Skoblin; 09 Nov 16, 10:26.

Comment

• God Almighty!

If I hear one more British or Australian journalist describing The U.S. as "Deeply divided", I'll BARF!

Trump has won a bloody LANDSLIDE, with a projected 315 College votes to 222, and the popular vote is dead even at the time of posting....nothing "deeply divided" about!

Cant these damned journalists stop rubbishing the will of the American people and accept the fact that NONE of their professional political analysis predicted damn all about anything....Crikey! I hate modern journalists!

Face it, fellows....you Cocked it up!

Eat Crow!
                                My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                                GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                                Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X