ACG official US election thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

For all loyal Americans, it is a VERY good day: the Hildabeast has been slain!
    The implication there is that if it is a VERY bad day, you're a disloyal American.

What are you gonna do with us? Intern us?
    Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
    (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
      Coming from bottom of my heart, I'm sorry for doubting that Trump could win at all. I didn't vote for him but I sincerely hope Trump will do a fine job of guiding our country through trying times.

God bless America and Trump.
      He was my 16th choice out of the original 17 GOP candidates... I gave him zero chance of winning the nomination. However, he won the nomination, playing by the rules... Rules that were stacked against outsiders. He then had to run against the Democrats, the GOP establishment and the mainstream media... And he won in a fashion not seen by a Republican candidate since 1988.

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

• Originally posted by General Staff View Post
        The implication there is that if it is a VERY bad day, you're a disloyal American.

What are you gonna do with us? Intern us?
        No... We'll just ignore you for the next 4-8 years...
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

• A fantastic day! We have a new president who has pissed off the jocks with his golf course, and now the E.U with a great win.

A good day to be alive methinks!

Paul
          ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
          All human ills he can subdue,
          Or with a bauble or medal
          Can win mans heart for you;
          And many a blessing know to stew
          To make a megloamaniac bright;
          Give honour to the dainty Corse,
          The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
            A fantastic day! We have a new president who has pissed off the jocks with his golf course, and now the E.U with a great win.

A good day to be alive methinks!

Paul

and pissed off the snivelling EU bureaucrats, pissed off the Europhile politicians in Berlin, Paris and other European cities, pissed of the liberal press the world over .... and pissed off social justice warriors and special snowflakes everywhere!

He's even pissed off my best mate who has just written a load of whiney tripe on her blog about 'idiotic Americans' blah blah etc. etc.

She's still my best mate but needless to say I don't share her political views.

A good day indeed!

"COOMMAAAAAAANNNNDOOOO!!!!!"
            - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
              No... We'll just ignore you for the next 4-8 years...
              Welcome Back Doc,

Oh it's going to be a fun 4 years, I said long ago I win either way. If Trump wins the countries better off, if he wins I get to have a great time here on the boards as the years go by. I'll enjoy the post here on the board as they follow him.

Now the ONLY real question is how, when and on what subjects will Alex Jones and his crew along with his websites turn on the GOP and Trump. He pivoted on a dime when the Dems took over in Jan 09 and he'll do the same now.
              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
              “To talk of many things:
              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              And why the sea is boiling hot—
              And whether pigs have wings.”
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Just read that Qatar wants its $1 million birthday gift to Bill returned. Now saying it was supposed to go to Ivanka. Clerical error...

Comment

• Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                  Just read that Qatar wants its $1 million birthday gift to Bill returned. Now saying it was supposed to go to Ivanka. Clerical error...
                  "COOMMAAAAAAANNNNDOOOO!!!!!"
                  - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                    Just read that Qatar wants its $1 million birthday gift to Bill returned. Now saying it was supposed to go to Ivanka. Clerical error...

Comment

• DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!!!!!!
                      I thought I would never see that day.
                      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                        Welcome Back Doc,
                        After the Billy Bush crap, I had to sit out of the political threads... Because, I knew I would have gone "scorched earth." And I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings here.

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                        Oh it's going to be a fun 4 years, I said long ago I win either way. If Trump wins the countries better off, if he wins I get to have a great time here on the boards as the years go by. I'll enjoy the post here on the board as they follow him.
                        Trump could be the next Ronald Reagan or the next Warren G. Harding. Either way, he will fill 1-4 Supreme Court vacancies with justices who are likely to be constructionists.

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                        Now the ONLY real question is how, when and on what subjects will Alex Jones and his crew along with his websites turn on the GOP and Trump. He pivoted on a dime when the Dems took over in Jan 09 and he'll do the same now.
                        Will the Rocky Mountain Windbag pivot again too?

Comment

• In an effort to explain Clinton's inexplicable loss, the lying media suddenly attacks... the lying media... This from the slavishly pro-Clinton The Guardian no less.. There will be a lot of them a culpa among the media in the next few days, as various news outlets will blame the media-as-such rather than themselves in particular.

Clinton’s supporters among the media didn’t help much, either. It always struck me as strange that such an unpopular candidate enjoyed such robust and unanimous endorsements from the editorial and opinion pages of the nation’s papers, but it was the quality of the media’s enthusiasm that really harmed her. With the same arguments repeated over and over, two or three times a day, with nuance and contrary views all deleted, the act of opening the newspaper started to feel like tuning in to a Cold War propaganda station.
                          https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...inton-liberals

Comment

• Meet Trump's Cabinet-in-waiting
                            Interior secretary

Forrest Lucas, the 74-year-old co-founder of oil products company Lucas Oil, is seen as a top contender for Interior Secretary.

Trump’s presidential transition team is also eyeing venture capitalist Robert Grady, a George H. W. Bush White House official with ties to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. And Trump’s son, Donald Trump, Jr., is said to be interested in the job.

Meanwhile, a person who spoke to the Trump campaign told POLITICO that the aides have also discussed tapping Sarah Palin for Interior Secretary. Trump has said he’d like to put Palin in his Cabinet, and Palin has made no secret of her interest.

Other possible candidates include: former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer; Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin; Wyoming Rep. Cynthia Lummis; and Oklahoma oilman Harold Hamm.

[...]

Energy secretary

Continental Resources CEO Harold Hamm has long been seen as a leading candidate for Energy Secretary. Hamm, an Oklahoma billionaire who has been a friend of Trump’s for years, has been the leading influence on Trump’s energy policy during the campaign.

If Hamm passes, venture capitalist Robert Grady is also seen as a top candidate, though he could also be in line for Interior.

[...]

Environmental Protection Agency administrator

While Trump has called for eliminating the EPA, he has more recently modified that positions, saying in September that he’ll “refocus the EPA on its core mission of ensuring clean air, and clean, safe drinking water for all Americans.”

Myron Ebell, a climate skeptic who is running the EPA working group on Trump’s transition team, is seen as a top candidate to lead the agency. Ebell, an official at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, has come under fire from environmental groups for his stances on global warming. Venture capitalist Robert Grady is also a contender.

Other potential candidates: Joe Aiello is the director of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection’s Division of Environmental Safety and Quality Assurance; Carol Comer, the commissioner of the Indiana Department of Environmental Management, who was appointed by Mike Pence; and Leslie Rutledge, the attorney general of Arkansas and a lead challenger of EPA regulations in the state.

Comment

• If he appoints either Sarah Palin or his own son to any high position, the swamp will be remaining. Handing out positions to family and direct political supporters is not how you go about changing the political culture in Washington.

Comment

• In one night I see Hillary defeated, am promised four years of Trumpertainment, and best of all will have a whole raft of interesting electoral data to pour over.

A good night indeed!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X