Good Luck America!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Luck America!

Lame thread title I know, but I couldn't think of anything else to write.

I never thought I would ever hear myself saying these words but I'm sat here in front of my computer hoping and praying you vote Trump.

Do I like him? Do I admire his policies? Do I hell!

But then do I want a continuation of the same old apologist, liberal bullsh*t ... no I don't.

A commentator wrote in the British press the other day that Trump was 'mates' with Putin, like that was a bad thing?

From where I'm observing .. I would far rather have a big powerful USA 'mates' with Russia than I would have them fronting up to each other.

But I'm just a Brit. I voted Brexit. I'm OK with Ms. May at the moment .. but let's see how she pans out. But if I was American .... honest to God ... I would vote Trump and keep my fingers crossed.

Good luck guys. I have so enjoyed reading your threads over the past few weeks. You live in a wonderful, beautiful, incredible country and I find so much of my cultural inspiration comes from America .. our wayward grandchild (or great, great, great grandchild).

I don't know what else to write really .. so just good luck all of you. It's your country, a great country, and I know you just want the best for it .. so vote where your heart takes you and all the very best to you all from your cousins this side of the pond.

Tuck
    xx
    "COOMMAAAAAAANNNNDOOOO!!!!!"
    - Mad Jack Churchill.

Thanks for that. I'm hoping the shrill one loses.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck's Luck View Post
      A commentator wrote in the British press the other day that Trump was 'mates' with Putin, like that was a bad thing?

From where I'm observing .. I would far rather have a big powerful USA 'mates' with Russia than I would have them fronting up to each other.
      Depends on your objective. Buddying up with Russia basically means losing in Syria and Assad staying in power. For those ok with that then no, it's not an issue. However, we can not assert our (overly) aggressive foreign policy while maintaining great terms with Russia at the same time, as we obviously have competing interests. So our power and influence would be reduced to some degree.

Personally I don't think we should have ever involved ourselves in Syria, but now that we are, we have to win.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Nope, we don't have to win. Just what would we win and is it worth fighting for?

Since we got deep into the ME affairs in the early 90's we have only had problems, mostly of our own making. Get out now.

Tuck, what do you think of a President Trump and his Trophy wife showing up at Buckingham. Would the lady be amused?
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          Nope, we don't have to win. Just what would we win and is it worth fighting for?
          As we've seen from the past, leaving armed Islamist rebels with no where to go only leads to more problems. Plus, we can't have it both ways. There are threads here with most of community speaking ill of Muslims and crying that we do everything possible to defeat them. Part of that is winning in Syria.

Since we got deep into the ME affairs in the early 90's we have only had problems, mostly of our own making. Get out now.
          We're definitely fully responsible for this mess we created. The only candidate I can trust to not get us involved in any additional conflicts would be Johnson. Clinton wants war and Trump's foreign policy is such a mess it would inadvertently lead to more conflicts.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Last I knew, the USA wasn't around in 632 AD when Mohammad was spewing his psychopathic anti-social babble, a.k.a. "religion". The Middle East mess is the doing of the locals and Islamists, and only fault of the USA is trying to apply Western views and values to religious lunacy.

We've been involved since WWII and the post-war political vacuum that left us the main "policeman" of the West trying to undo the post-colonial mess of the European powers of the prior part of the 20th century.
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

I never thought I would ever hear myself saying these words but I'm sat here in front of my computer hoping and praying you vote Trump.

But then do I want a continuation of the same old apologist, liberal bullsh*t ... no I don't.

But I'm just a Brit. I voted Brexit. I'm OK with Ms. May at the moment .. but let's see how she pans out. But if I was American .... honest to God ... I would vote Trump and keep my fingers crossed.

Good luck guys. I have so enjoyed reading your threads over the past few weeks. You live in a wonderful, beautiful, incredible country and I find so much of my cultural inspiration comes from America .. our wayward grandchild (or great, great, great grandchild).

I don't know what else to write really .. so just good luck all of you. It's your country, a great country, and I know you just want the best for it .. so vote where your heart takes you and all the very best to you all from your cousins this side of the pond.

Tuck
              xx
              Thanks for the support and well wishes. As is oft the case, there are many other elections for candidates and initiatives thru out the many local and state ballots that are also crucial to our future, especially economic wise. This election cycle will be critical in many ways.
              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                Last I knew, the USA wasn't around in 632 AD when Mohammad was spewing his psychopathic anti-social babble, a.k.a. "religion". The Middle East mess is the doing of the locals and Islamists, and only fault of the USA is trying to apply Western views and values to religious lunacy.

We've been involved since WWII and the post-war political vacuum that left us the main "policeman" of the West trying to undo the post-colonial mess of the European powers of the prior part of the 20th century.
                The 'USA' came into being, as we know, in the late 1700s. (please don't argue the dates I'm just going with American Revolution, French Revolution and Romantic poets).

It was a wild vast fertile beautiful land mass and the people who colonised it, came from smaller places.

The settlers went there and carved up (and fought) for their territory .. but it was the English language that prevailed. The greatest Western democracy on earth speaks English .. and that is also the language of this forum.

We have to stop apologising for being who we are.

We have to rail against the liberalism and policitical correctness that has brought the Western World to its knees.

We are frightened to say anything about anything. We get every kind of insult hurled at us racist, sexist, xenophobe ... but with absolutely no substance to the argument.

I'm not a betting woman usually but I would bet that most of us on right of centre don't have a racist bone in our body.

We just like people who get off their arses and work. And we will take care of the people who genuinely can't.
                Last edited by Tuck's Luck; 07 Nov 16, 17:47.
                - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

Tuck
                  xx
                  Thanks my friend. Good luck to you. Btw England has such a tremendous history...the Lionheart...Longshanks..Elizabeth I. Be proud my friend

You said,

I'm sat here in front of my computer hoping and praying you vote Trump.

Your calling God into this....I have to therefore ask you an honest question...what would Jesus say to the refugee?

Donald Trump has a poor policy toward refugees...while Mrs Clinton wants to keep American strong but also as Jesus would do...help out a fellow human.

I pray you can see that Mr Trump is wrong on a # of things including Trumps immigration policy.
                  Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                  Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                    Thanks my friend. Good luck to you.

You said,

I'm sat here in front of my computer hoping and praying you vote Trump.

Your calling God into this....I have to therefore ask you an honest question...what would Jesus say to the refugee?

Donald Trump has a poor policy toward refugees...while Mrs Clinton wants to keep American strong but also as Jesus would do...help out a fellow human.

I pray you can see that Mr Trump is wrong on a # of things including Trumps immigration policy.
                    I'm not religious at all and of course, any right thinking person would open their heart and their door to a genuine refugee.

The problem is that our philanthropy has been abused to the point that we are starting to feel used. The queue of 'refugees' coming through Calais are fit healthy males in their late teens, 20s and 30s. Men who could have stayed and fought for their countries.

Maybe I'm being too simplistic here but I've seen the news reports of the Iraqis and Kurds fighing Isis .. in fact more than that .. sending Isis running for the hills and I just see those who stayed and fought for their countries .. and they are the ones who have my respect.

Not the ones clinging onto lorries to get into the UK to claim benefits.
                    - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                      fault of the USA is trying to apply Western views and values...
                      Well yes, that's what I'm referring to. We have no business trying to effect change in Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc. All of which have gotten worse and now pose a greater risk to peace since our meddling. How they're governed is none of my concern. But, for the US it was never about applying Western views, it was about gaining geopolitical power and influence over key regions. Our intents were never as pure as the media tries to make them out to be. Which is why I hate the good guy vs bad guy narrative, our interests vs theirs is more accurate.
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm not religious at all and of course, any right thinking person would open their heart and their door to a genuine refugee.

The problem is that our philanthropy has been abused to the point that we are starting to feel used. The queue of 'refugees' coming through Calais are fit healthy males in their late teens, 20s and 30s. Men who could have stayed and fought for their countries.

Maybe I'm being too simplistic here but I've seen the news reports of the Iraqis and Kurds fighing Isis .. in fact more than that .. sending Isis running for the hills and I just see those who stayed and fought for their countries .. and they are the ones who have my respect.

Not the ones clinging onto lorries to get into the UK to claim benefits.
                        So only women and children are genuine refugees I guess. The rest have to fight in a war that the US created and is no longer fully involved in. IMO, fix your welfare system before blaming the refugees as it's not just them (potentially) taking advantage of it.

More simply, if you don't want refugees coming into your country, don't start or support needless wars.
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                          So only women and children are genuine refugees I guess. The rest have to fight in a war that the US created and is no longer fully involved in. IMO, fix your welfare system before blaming the refugees as it's not just them (potentially) taking advantage of it.
                          Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear .. where to even begin with this.

I've just been working on a project called Somme100. It's about the centenary of the Battle of the Somme in 1916 - the bloodiest battle in history ... with more men killed on the first day than any battle before or since.

There weren't any children fighting on the Somme. There weren't any women fighting on the Somme. There were young men in their late teens, 20s and 30s who have always been the fighting force of any nation on earth.

And yet suddenly in 2016 we shouldn't be asking the question why there is a distinct lack of women and children in the hordes of illegal immigrants trying to find their way intro Britain?

Who do you think Atilla the Hun, any Roman emperor you care to choose or any military leader in history on the side of right or wrong, chose to fight for their country/cause?

It wasn't woman or children.

Our Welfare system is our business. Our Welfare system was set up to care for our own vulnerable citizens. Our Welfare system wasn't set up to care for tens of thousand of immigrants who have access into our country via an open door/EU/Frau Markel immigration policy that none of us signed up to.
                          - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear .. where to even begin with this.

I've just been working on a project called Somme100. It's about the centenary of the Battle of the Somme in 1916 - the bloodiest battle in history ... with more men killed on the first day than any battle before or since.

There weren't any children fighting on the Somme. There weren't any women fighting on the Somme. There were young men in their late teens, 20s and 30s who have always been the fighting force of any nation on earth.

And yet suddenly in 2016 we shouldn't be asking the question why there is a distinct lack of women and children in the hordes of illegal immigrants trying to find their way intro Britain?

Who do you think Atilla the Hun, any Roman emperor you care to choose or any military leader in history on the side of right or wrong, chose to fight for their country/cause?

It wasn't woman or children.

Our Welfare system is our business. Our Welfare system was set up to care for our own vulnerable citizens. Our Welfare system wasn't set up to care for tens of thousand of immigrants who have access into our country via an open door/EU/Frau Markel immigration policy that none of us signed up to.
                            I don't really view the world in such barbaric terms anymore. I don't think society should be molded around the philosophies or actions of Atilla. I also don't think it's remotely appropriate to compare a world war to a proxy/civil war created by the United States. If they don't want to fight, that's their decision. I stress again, if you don't want refugees don't start or support these type of wars and your problem is solved. Else, it's time we start looking in the mirror and taking accountability for the repercussions of our actions instead of blaming everyone else.

My comments are primarily directed towards the US, since that's the topic and the main culprit here.
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                              I don't really view the world in such barbaric terms anymore. I don't think society should be molded around the philosophies or actions of Atilla. I also don't think it's remotely appropriate to compare a world war to a proxy/civil war created by the United States. If they don't want to fight, that's their decision. I stress again, if you don't want refugees don't start or support these type of wars and your problem is solved. Else, it's time we start looking in the mirror and taking accountability for the repercussions of our actions instead of blaming everyone else.

My comments are primarily directed towards the US, since that's the topic and the main culprit here.
                              If they don't want to fight that's their decision?

Unfortunately, the young men who gave up their lives to fight against German/Nazi doctrine in two world wars didn't have a lot of choice. There was no soppy, limp wristed, liberal, welfare entry into a generous, philanthropic country back in 1918 or 1945.

And they are the same young men who fought and died to allow you to come onto an English speaking forum and express your views.

If the hale, healthy and hearty young men currently demanding their entry into our tiny island are the fault of us somehow .. the fault of our overly generous benefit system designed to care for our own, the fault of our democratic, open minded society .. then God help us all.
                              - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X