Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crime wave at Walmart..

What is it about Walmart?

Chaos at Walmart stores across the country has gotten so bad that the mayhem is spilling out into parking lots, and the amount of calls to police has left many departments stretched thin.
    Ashlyne Rogers, 20, was at an Arkansas Walmart shopping for a DVD two years ago when 25-year-old Corey Mosley took a swing at her with a baseball bat, striking her in the head.
    "All of a sudden, I hear a 'swoosh' and I collapsed on the floor," she told Inside Edition's Lisa Guerrero. "I had no idea what had happened. I just remember being hurtled to the floor, not being able to move because I was in so much shock and so much pain."
    The attacker was caught and later sentenced to three years in prison.
    “You don't expect something like that to happen to you," she said. "For it to happen one time, it makes you think it could happen a second time because there is not going to be anyone there to save you."
    Last year in Jacksonville, Florida, there were 5,298 calls involving 15 Walmart stores.
    Since 2015, police in Chicopee, Massachusetts, have received 1,294 calls about alleged incidents at the town's only Walmart.
    Chicopee Officer Mike Wilk said patrol cars had to be repositioned in the city to accommodate the numerous calls. “It is kinda shocking when you realize on average that once or twice police are at a Walmart a day, especially in our city.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...JT0?li=BBnb7Kz
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

The one where I live just ceased being a 24-hour Walmart, and the reason given was "rampant theft".

Who goes to that place between midnight and 6am, anyway?
    Bad people, apparently.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

In our burg the parking lots are the scenes of endless drama.

Apparently if you are poor, regardless of race, creed, or gender preference, the place you confront your SO about an affair is the Wal Mart parking lot.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

From what I've seen on the net Wallies world is a gathering of freaks and geeks.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Never been to one. Nor do I wish to do so...
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Maybe we could lower the crime rate by closing the !
          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
          Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

I'll just start carrying on the rare occasion I go into a Wally World...

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Apparently if you are poor, regardless of race, creed, or gender preference, the place you confront your SO about an affair is the Wal Mart parking lot.
              And since they stopped drug testing their employees, me and one of the city cops who's section borders mine just do 'drive throughs'. Roll the windows down and cruise through the parking lot until you smell the telltale signs of employees on break. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

An you like to shop at Wal-Mart as you have said more than once.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                  And since they stopped drug testing their employees, me and one of the city cops who's section borders mine just do 'drive throughs'. Roll the windows down and cruise through the parking lot until you smell the telltale signs of employees on break. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
                  Someone having a joint is that much of a criminal or just an easy way to boost department figures?
                  "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                  G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                  Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

You have posted more than once that you like to shop at wal-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                      From what I've seen on the net Wallies world is a gathering of freaks and geeks.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Never been to one. Nor do I wish to do so...
                      An other excellent source of real information.

Last edited by Half Pint John; 05 Nov 16, 05:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                        An other excellent source of real information.

If the guy is Scottish, you better hope that he is wearing underwear under that kilt.

In short, the explosion of violence and other stupidity is just the result of the increasing moral decay in society as more and more people are being seduced by the devil.
                        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Back in the day the place for that kind of drama was the parking lot at White Castle.

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                          Someone having a joint is that much of a criminal or just an easy way to boost department figures?
                          Ahh, the War on Drugs: making poor and black people pay, and pay dearly, for questionable recreational choices for near fifty years.
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                            The one where I live just ceased being a 24-hour Walmart, and the reason given was "rampant theft".

Who goes to that place between midnight and 6am, anyway?
                            Bad people, apparently.
                            I do. I work midnight shift and hitting the Walmart on the way home at 4am is very convenient.
                            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                              I do. I work midnight shift and hitting the Walmart on the way home at 4am is very convenient.
                              ----------
                              We don't have a 24hr wallyworld but I wish we did. Sometimes I need to get some fishing/hunting supplies and they are about the last American store that carries them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X