Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clinton Left Classified Documents in her Hotel Room in China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
    Didn't one guy responsible for following the president while carrying the 'football' containing the nuclear codes leave it behind somewhere?

Philip
    It's happened to a number of presidents. One of the most egregious examples was under Reagan, but there have been a number of presidents separated from the nuclear football.
    The coded card was separated from Ronald Reagan immediately after the 1981 assassination attempt against him. Reagan, like his predecessor Carter, preferred to carry the card in his pocket. He was separated from it when his clothing was cut off by the emergency room trauma team. It was later discovered unsecured lying in one of his shoes on the emergency room floor. This led to an urban legend that Reagan carried the code in his sock. Reagan was separated from the rest of the football as well, because the officer who carried it was left behind as the motorcade sped away with the wounded president. On occasion, the president has left his aide carrying the football behind. This happened to Nixon in 1973; after Nixon presented Soviet Leader Leonid Brezhnev with a Lincoln Continental at Camp David, Brezhnev unexpectedly drove with Nixon off the retreat onto a highway while leaving Nixon's Secret Service personnel behind, separating Nixon from the football (and his security detail) for nearly 30 minutes. Presidents Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush, and, most recently, Bill Clinton have also been separated from the football.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football#History

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Yet, nobody seems to have told her having a private e-mail server was illegal... Or, if they did she ignored them...
      Yes,I take your point. The Email situation is inexplicable.There again ,I would have thought that some underlings-nevertheless cleared to the highest possible security classification- would have assisted a Secretary of State in the performance of this aspect of his/her duties.

But evidently not.
      Last edited by BELGRAVE; 02 Nov 16, 02:16.
      "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
      Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
        Found it. I remember seeing an interview with the said military aide in which he described his eventual, sweaty relief.
        I would have thought that the aide would have been provided with an 800-hotline phone number at the very least.......
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
          There again ,I would have thought that some underlings-nevertheless cleared to the highest possible security classification- would have assisted a Secretary of State in the performance of this aspect of his/her duties.
          We are talking about classified information. It becomes classified because there is only a need to know for specific decision makers, not their "underlings."

Assisting the Secretary of State by covering up security breaches is not a decision for the "underlings" to make.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X