Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millions pour into Wisconsin's US Senate race in final days

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Millions pour into Wisconsin's US Senate race in final days

    MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Millions of dollars poured into Wisconsin starting Monday for the final week of the election, as jittery Democrats tried to push Russ Feingold over the finish line in the U.S. Senate race against Sen. Ron Johnson, one of the key races nationwide that could determine whether Republicans retain majority control.

    Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton's running mate Tim Kaine were also both headed to Wisconsin on Tuesday, as numerous surrogates including House Speaker Paul Ryan, Chelsea Clinton and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders make closing arguments and urge backers to vote now or on Election Day.

    Johnson has long been seen as one of the most vulnerable GOP Senate incumbents this election cycle, but his campaign has argued the race is tightening and Democrats were spending money late because they were getting nervous.
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/48bfd...ns-waning-days

  • #2
    The money may make a difference in the race. As disliked as both Clinton and Trump are I wonder if either of them can help any down ticket race?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
      The money may make a difference in the race. As disliked as both Clinton and Trump are I wonder if either of them can help any down ticket race?
      Here in AZ they're both used by the opposition to tar candidates. For example, in the AZ senate race, John McCain is running ads tying Obama and Hillary his opponent Ann Kirkpatrick. She is running ads tying McCain to Trump.

      I suspect that's a common thing nationwide at the moment.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Here in AZ they're both used by the opposition to tar candidates. For example, in the AZ senate race, John McCain is running ads tying Obama and Hillary his opponent Ann Kirkpatrick. She is running ads tying McCain to Trump.

        I suspect that's a common thing nationwide at the moment.
        With targeted advertising that works well. Radio is the best medium for this.

        On country stations you tie the democrat to Clinton.

        On urban and Hispanic stations you tie the republican to Trump.

        If you have alternative magazines that cater to a more liberal crowd and papers that target the black and Hispanic communities you can also use these to target the republican by tying them to Trump.
        Last edited by 17thfabn; 31 Oct 16, 19:35.
        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
          With targeted advertising that works well. Radio is the best medium for this.

          On country stations you tie the democrat to Clinton.

          On urban and Hispanic stations you tie the republican to Trump.

          If you have alternative magazines and papers that target the black and Hispanic communities you can also use these to target the republican by tying them to Trump.
          McCain's ads are devastating. His cite her known voting record (votes 90%+ with Democrats and Obama) and show her walking out on constituents at a Town Hall on Obamacare rather than take angry questions from them, calls Obamacare "Her proudest vote..."

          That's in a state seeing 50 to 90% rate increases in Obamacare policies, having only one county with more than one company to buy from, another county that almost didn't have a plan available at all... Obamacare is an absolute slam on Democrats in Arizona.

          Hers are lame by comparison. He picked Sarah Palin... He wants to build a wall on the border... he endorsed Trump...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            McCain's ads are devastating. His cite her known voting record (votes 90%+ with Democrats and Obama) and show her walking out on constituents at a Town Hall on Obamacare rather than take angry questions from them, calls Obamacare "Her proudest vote..."

            That's in a state seeing 50 to 90% rate increases in Obamacare policies, having only one county with more than one company to buy from, another county that almost didn't have a plan available at all... Obamacare is an absolute slam on Democrats in Arizona.

            Hers are lame by comparison. He picked Sarah Palin... He wants to build a wall on the border... he endorsed Trump...
            Lots of conservatives see them both as the same, so they may struggle to tell the incumbent apart from his challenger.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
              Lots of conservatives see them both as the same, so they may struggle to tell the incumbent apart from his challenger.
              Polling says different. McCain is about 10 + points up on Kirkpatrick mainly because her whole ad strategy was unbelievably stupid.

              "She'll put her foot down in Washington if elected..." Against ads that showed she does nothing but vote the party line.

              "She's for term limits..." even as she keeps running for office in violation of the very term limits she says she'll uphold.

              "She'll tell it to you straight..." as you watch ads showing her running from constituents over Obamacare.

              Now McCain has a new add out saying she supports the Iran deal... "Giving 55 billion dollars to the world's biggest state sponsor of terrorism..."

              She's running on empty promises and rhetoric. McCain is hammering her on her voting record in the House and past actions. The polls show people aren't buying what she's selling.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Polling says different. McCain is about 10 + points up on Kirkpatrick mainly because her whole ad strategy was unbelievably stupid.

                "She'll put her foot down in Washington if elected..." Against ads that showed she does nothing but vote the party line.

                "She's for term limits..." even as she keeps running for office in violation of the very term limits she says she'll uphold.

                "She'll tell it to you straight..." as you watch ads showing her running from constituents over Obamacare.

                Now McCain has a new add out saying she supports the Iran deal... "Giving 55 billion dollars to the world's biggest state sponsor of terrorism..."

                She's running on empty promises and rhetoric. McCain is hammering her on her voting record in the House and past actions. The polls show people aren't buying what she's selling.
                I meant in the sense that McCain was a cowardly RINO and thus just another democrat.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                  I meant in the sense that McCain was a cowardly RINO and thus just another democrat.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Oh, you've never heard that McCain was a RINO? You could probably do a forum search and find plenty of examples.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                      I meant in the sense that McCain was a cowardly RINO and thus just another democrat.
                      Only members of the GOP can label members as a RINO.

                      McCain isn't a RINO, he is just nuts.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                        Only members of the GOP can label members as a RINO.

                        McCain isn't a RINO, he is just nuts.
                        And they do. Often. Even here.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                          Only members of the GOP can label members as a RINO.

                          McCain isn't a RINO, he is just nuts.
                          But, he's still better than her...



                          Better a loon than a Progressive...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            But, he's still better than her...

                            Better a loon than a Progressive...
                            There it is in a nutshell.
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It's rigged I tell you it's rigged, BELIEVE ME
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                              Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                              you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X