Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the Clinton aide's emails?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where are the Clinton aide's emails?

    For that matter -- where are my emails? I've sent thousands of Yahoo and Gmail emails over the years. But where are they held?

    Apparently, the FBI are looking into 650,000 emails on the aide's laptop.

    Is that where they are held? Not solely on Yahoo or Gmail, etc. servers?

    Are my emails also held in my laptop somehow?

    I'm fairly confused about this as you can see.


    Philip
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

  • #2
    If these aides were government employed, their e-mails would be on a State Department server and held for years as part of federal records keeping laws. The higher you go in government, the longer the records are kept and the more complete they're supposed to be. That is, assuming the aides didn't follow their boss's illegal example and set up a private / outside e-mail system or account.

    Comment


    • #3
      What TAG said. Plus you can set up many e-mail providers to save e-mails to your hard drive.

      As to your e-mails, the Chinese have them.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
        For that matter -- where are my emails? I've sent thousands of Yahoo and Gmail emails over the years. But where are they held?

        Apparently, the FBI are looking into 650,000 emails on the aide's laptop.

        Is that where they are held? Not solely on Yahoo or Gmail, etc. servers?

        Are my emails also held in my laptop somehow?

        I'm fairly confused about this as you can see.


        Philip
        I'm no IT expert. From what I understand, once stuff is out on the net its out there forever.

        I'm surprised that any classified material would ever be sent across any server. Even if it is a supposedly secure server. It seems like it would be to easy to tap in some where. I would think any thing classified would be scrambled and encrypted at both ends.
        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
          For that matter -- where are my emails? I've sent thousands of Yahoo and Gmail emails over the years. But where are they held?

          Apparently, the FBI are looking into 650,000 emails on the aide's laptop.

          Is that where they are held? Not solely on Yahoo or Gmail, etc. servers?

          Are my emails also held in my laptop somehow?

          I'm fairly confused about this as you can see.


          Philip
          I read somewhere that Weiner apparently had a folder labeled 'life insurance' on his laptop that was really where he kept downloaded e-mails that he saved. But still, even if they were saved as .txt or .pdf I would imagine that 650,000+ e-mails would take up ALOT of space.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
            I read somewhere that Weiner apparently had a folder labeled 'life insurance' on his laptop that was really where he kept downloaded e-mails that he saved. But still, even if they were saved as .txt or .pdf I would imagine that 650,000+ e-mails would take up ALOT of space.
            Apparently the "life insurance" folder contained around 10,000 emails

            Comment


            • #7
              He was using MS Outlook, not a webmail. Outlook downloads the actual email to your PC and stores them in an outlook email file, .pst extension I believe.

              So you can store as many emails as you wish, no real limit.
              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
              “To talk of many things:
              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              And why the sea is boiling hot—
              And whether pigs have wings.”
              ― Lewis Carroll

              Comment


              • #8
                Unless Hillary has some more mud on Trump this story of Comey reopening the case is going to be the last story going into election day. A week straight of bad news is a big rock to crawl out from.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                  He was using MS Outlook, not a webmail. Outlook downloads the actual email to your PC and stores them in an outlook email file, .pst extension I believe.

                  So you can store as many emails as you wish, no real limit.
                  The thing with Weiner, however, is that it seems he was purposefully copying and storing emails - if he had them (as it seems to be the case) stored in separately named files.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                    Unless Hillary has some more mud on Trump this story of Comey reopening the case is going to be the last story going into election day. A week straight of bad news is a big rock to crawl out from.
                    Hillary crawled out from under a rock months ago when the primaries started...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The fact that Wiener had the Emails at all show how dangerous and stupid it was for Hillary to have set up that system. The "weenie" was probably going to use it for leverage to avoid some problems up the road or blackmail the old gal. Either way Hillary campaign is in deep Kim-Chee.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                        The fact that Wiener had the Emails at all show how dangerous and stupid it was for Hillary to have set up that system. The "weenie" was probably going to use it for leverage to avoid some problems up the road or blackmail the old gal. Either way Hillary campaign is in deep Kim-Chee.
                        They found the emails on Weiner's laptop, however, Huma has apparently told close associates she has no idea how they got on there, as she rarely used this device. The implication would seem to be that Weiner may have hacked his wife's email account(s) and had been copying her emails.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                          They found the emails on Weiner's laptop, however, Huma has apparently told close associates she has no idea how they got on there, as she rarely used this device. The implication would seem to be that Weiner may have hacked his wife's email account(s) and had been copying her emails.
                          More likely, he simply had access to hers, and she probably gave it to him. Given that she's about as computer literate as Hillary is... After all, what would you expect from someone with a degree in fashion design who's advising the Secretary of State on foreign affairs...?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            For Weiner to see his wife's emails, wouldn't he need to know the password for her email account?

                            Philip
                            "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                              Apparently the "life insurance" folder contained around 10,000 emails
                              If it really was labelled 'life insurance' I am now increasingly convinced he had dirt to trade. Trump is claiming the FBI have hit the 'mother load'. Could be hyperbole but I think not. I would now bet the FBI have something serious on Clinton. Whether it leaks out before the election, i don't know.
                              Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X