X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DARKPLACE
    replied
    Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
    To a large extent their policies are meaningless.

For example Mrs. Clinton has proposed free public college for the vast majority of people, lowering the age for medicare to 55 and making all your dreams come true. But if congress doesn't pass these things they don't happen.
    So what's the story with Congress? Which way do you see that jumping? Because from outside it looks like your best result would be a deadlock? President from one party and Congress dominated by the opposition?

Leave a comment:

• 17thfabn
    replied
    Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
    I've been trying to follow the run up to the election from the UK. As far as I can find neither of the big two have outlined anything that looks like a comprehensive list of policies they intend to follow once they are elected. Have they actually released such a thing?
    To a large extent their policies are meaningless.

For example Mrs. Clinton has proposed free public college for the vast majority of people, lowering the age for medicare to 55 and making all your dreams come true. But if congress doesn't pass these things they don't happen.

Leave a comment:

• DARKPLACE
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    This campaign is more about the candidates than policies. Part of that is the fact that campaign promises have become so discredited over the years that they don't garner a lot of voter support.
    Cheers for that,mste. I have to admit that it seems like a choice between the frying pan and the fire. I am really glad that I am not involved in it other than as an innocent bystander.

Leave a comment:

• DARKPLACE
    replied
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Both parties published "platforms" at their nominating conventions this past summer.

2016 Republican National Convention Platform

2016 Democratic National Convention Platform

These platforms are binding on neither the presidential nominees nor any party member running for any office at any level. Their production can be, nevertheless, quite contentious during the conventions.
    Cheers mate. So basically the US isn't going to know for sure till who ever gets elected tells them?

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Both parties published "platforms" at their nominating conventions this past summer.

And that's how you answer a thread!

Good job, now on to the next thing.

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    This campaign is more about the candidates than policies. Part of that is the fact that campaign promises have become so discredited over the years that they don't garner a lot of voter support.
    This election really comes down to who is likely to be worse
    Worst case scenarios
    Trump: 4 years of dysfunctional government coupled with gaffes of various sorts
    Clinton: 4 years of endemic corruption coupled with needless foreign wars
    I'll take the former....

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
    I've been trying to follow the run up to the election from the UK. As far as I can find neither of the big two have outlined anything that looks like a comprehensive list of policies they intend to follow once they are elected. Have they actually released such a thing?

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied

These platforms are binding on neither the presidential nominees nor any party member running for any office at any level. Their production can be, nevertheless, quite contentious during the conventions.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    I think Hillary's policy is:

Vote For Hillary!

And no one gets hurt.

Leave a comment:

• DARKPLACE
    started a topic 2016 Election. Policies

2016 Election. Policies

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X