Jury acquits leaders of Oregon standoff of federal charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
    I have no opinion about them one way or the other but one manís terrorist is another manís freedom fighter.

I remember hearing that when the revolution comes the locals would not side with the Feds, well how do you know that this isnít the start of that revolution and you are in fact siding with them?
    Look at what happened after the shootings in Dallas and Baton Rogue this past summer, people all over America embraced law enforcement as heroes. We - Americans - fight for change through the legal process and the ballot box ... we don't use bombs and bullets to force change.

Comment

I remember hearing that when the revolution comes the locals would not side with the Feds, well how do you know that this isnít the start of that revolution and you are in fact siding with them?
      Because revolutions are not started by morons.

Watch and/or read these bozos' views. They are really, really stupid.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
        Look at what happened after the shootings in Dallas and Baton Rogue this past summer, people all over America embraced law enforcement as heroes. We - Americans - fight for change through the legal process and the ballot box ... we don't use bombs and bullets to force change.
        Tell that to the Brits, or more recently the North.
        Last edited by Tsar; 31 Oct 16, 01:45.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          Because revolutions are not started by morons.

Watch and/or read these bozos' views. They are really, really stupid.
          Sam Adams wasn't the brightest bulb in the fridge.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Sam Adams wasn't the brightest bulb in the fridge.
            You haven't met these guys. Adams became a success, whereas these types are pretty uniformly losers.

If you wade through the nonsense of their agenda, such as it is, it boils down to an America where being a white male ensures you wealth and privilege without responsibility or obligation.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

You haven't met these guys...
              Have you?

The Jury trial went down in Portland, a goofier version of San Francisco and they still found them not guilty.

Screw it, if all these brick walls can't be bothered to look at what I posted on the previous page, there is not point in doing anything but going dark and quiet about this whole thing.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                Have you?
                Yeah.

Before the Az standoff they mingled with other state fringe loonies.

And recently few strayed back into our jurisdiction. I've chatted with them while they are waiting for trial dates.

They don't come across as loud or proud in jail scrubs in a concrete box.

Comment

You haven't met these guys. Adams became a success, whereas these types are pretty uniformly losers.

If you wade through the nonsense of their agenda, such as it is, it boils down to an America where being a white male ensures you wealth and privilege without responsibility or obligation.
                  Hmmm, never thought about it in those terms. Might have to reconsider my opinion about these characters.
                  E. WA is a mirror of the land South across the Columbia. Many of our local sovereigns, militia types headed down to the standoff, it being about 2 hours away. The great majority of individuals in both areas are conservative by nature but these clowns got very little support from our populace. Bundy et al did a great job of temporarily taking the heat off his court case, but he will still face trial in Nevada. The idea of burning off Public leased land is abhorrent to those of us who hunt, fish, and camp in those areas. The land is leased at prices below market. Yet the man still refused to pay his bill. Leasing expansion is a reason that many of our serious hunters now travel to ID or MT. The lack of feed in the mountains due to commercial grazing is a serious problem for wildlife here.
                  IMHO the verdict in Portland will allow for a few nuts to attempt to copy the standoff. I'm betting in N. ID. But the cause has shot its wad.
                  My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

I guess I will just have to keep doing this on every page.

These charters aren't the issue.
                    The issue is the issues.

And if sending these Bozos off to face trial just ain't good enough for you guys, then why don't you just run right out and kill them all yourselves?

I have been wondering- how many of the Occupy Wall Street folks are doing Hard Time?
                    You know, for silly little crimes like Rape, Drug-Dealing and Assault. I guess none of those crimes can compare to having a gun in your possession, according to the Progs... but I thought those other crimes still meant something.

And then again, some people don't have to do any fighting at all to be labeled Terrorists.

Who the hell really knows?
                    All we know for sure (thanks to Snowden) is that the NSA has its virtual version of Reinhard Heydrich's little index cards listing all of us according to political affiliation, desirability and danger rating according to the State.

Now, when this was all going down, I was noted by CE himself for being the first "Rightie" to say that what the Bundy Gang was doing was wrong, and kinda dumb. However, I also made the mistake of trying to explain the CIRCUMSTANCES BEHIND IT ALL... and for that, either because of fear, ignorance or bias-fueled hatred, a hell of a lot of people around here have been trying to box me into the psyco-ward position of.... I dunno, pick a pejorative.

And it is funny, because all I have been trying to do is say the same thing My congressman has been trying to tell the US Govt, as seen here -
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjL9HGiOIGo

I guess that 24 minutes is WAY too long for the short-attention span crew to spend learning anything when shooting their stupid mouths off is so much damned fun.
                    Or maybe they just don't give a about the abuse of power when it does not seem to affect them directly.

Oh, and one other thing that has come to light since then; What do all these cases have in common?
                    Southern Nevada - designated to have become a giant Solar Power "farm", in a deal arranged for a Chinese conglomerate by Harry Reid & sons.
                    Eastern Oregon - Remember that deal Hillary made for the Russians to exploit US uranium mines?

If one good thing came of all this, it was shining the light of day on those dirty deals and putting the kybosh on all of it.
                    So... ?
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

So now we've reached the point where Exo is reproducing lengthy excerpts from his own posts to support his own arguments. I'm not sure 'through the looking glass' even begins to describe this.

Just too funny.
                      Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Some of the best posters here provide entertainment for the rest of the members. The best times is when they are not trying to be funny!

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                          Some of the best posters here provide entertainment for the rest of the members. The best times is when they are not trying to be funny!

Pruitt
                          Too true. Exo is one of the reasons I love this place.
                          Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yeah.

Before the Az standoff they mingled with other state fringe loonies.

And recently few strayed back into our jurisdiction. I've chatted with them while they are waiting for trial dates.
                            So, some guys from your part of the country went over there, met the Bundy gang, and then went back to the East Coast, and are imprisoned for that?
                            Well, glad I never made it down there, in that case. or I'd be a known Terrorist too, eh?

But you know, I couldn't care less. I don't stick my nose into what is going on at the local level over there. I don't know enough about the situation and it isn't a dire threat to my life an liberty or my way of making a living.
                            So, it is a little confounding and irritating when people who know so little about what is going on here jump in with both feet.

They don't come across as loud or proud in jail scrubs in a concrete box.
                            Who does? Should everyone that wants the respect of the Cops inside the joint carry on like a meth-head ready to start WW3 with his bare hands?

Something I missed earlier-

Ammon Bundy's lawyer tackled, Tasered by U.S. Marshals in a surreal ending to the Oregon standoff trial

U.S. District Judge Anna J. Brown told him that there was a U.S. Marshal's hold on him from a pending federal indictment in Nevada.

"No, he's released on these charges. He's acquitted. Nevada doesn't have jurisdiction,'' Mumford yelled, standing before the judge. "If there's a detainer, show me.''

"Mr. Mumford, you really need to never yell at me now or never again,'' the judge responded.

Brown told Mumford that she's releasing Bundy on all federal holds in the Oregon case, but he'll have to take up any questions about the federal holds from the Nevada case with the U.S. Marshals Service.

"If they want him, they know where to find him,'' Mumford told the judge. "I don't see any paper proving their authority to hold him.''
                            Suddenly, a group of about six to seven U.S. Marshals, who had been either standing or seated around the perimeter of the courtroom, slowly moved in and surrounded Mumford at his defense table. The judge directed them to move back but moments later, the marshals grabbed onto him.

"What are you doing?'' Mumford yelled, as he struggled and was taken down to the floor.

As deputy marshals yelled, "Stop resisting,'' the judge demanded, "Everybody out of the courtroom now!''

Mumford was taken into custody by the Federal Protective Services.

He was cited for failure to comply with a federal lawful order and disturbance and released with a Jan. 6 date to return to federal court, said Eric Wahlstrom, supervising deputy of the U.S. Marshals Service.

According to Wahlstrom, Mumford was shocked with a stun gun in what's called a dry-stun mode, meaning no probes were fired into his body but a Taser was placed up against his body.

Wahlstrom, who was not in the courtroom, said the actions were taken because Mumford was resisting and preventing marshals from taking Ammon Bundy out of the courtroom and back into custody.
                            http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-sta..._scene_le.html

Confiscating America

Barack Obama has invoked the obscure 1906 Antiquities Act to grab 265 million acres from states, privately held individuals and companies; which is more than any other U.S. president in history. Under the guise of preservation for future generations, the Dark Powers That Be are actually stealing lands that are loaded with resources including minerals, metals and timber that could be used for various agricultural purposes, to help pay down the national debt or to provide jobs that would benefit middle class families. Instead, however, these areas have been sealed off and not even allowed to be used by U.S. citizens for hunting or recreation.
                            http://www.theburningplatform.com/20...ckjack-agenda/
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

So, some guys from your part of the country went over there, met the Bundy gang, and then went back to the East Coast, and are imprisoned for that?
                              Well, glad I never made it down there, in that case. or I'd be a known Terrorist too, eh?
                              No, some guys affiliated with Bundy's group came to Texas on several occasions to interact with out local loonies, and are now going to be staying for a lot longer than they planned.

No one involved was from the East Coast.

And yes, you would have an interesting time if you come down here.

But you know, I couldn't care less. I don't stick my nose into what is going on at the local level over there. I don't know enough about the situation and it isn't a dire threat to my life an liberty or my way of making a living.
                              So, it is a little confounding and irritating when people who know so little about what is going on here jump in with both feet.
                              If your nutjobs stayed put, it would be just a local thing. But they slither around to other states, threatening families, indulging in criminal acts, so it isn't just your problem anymore.

Who does? Should everyone that wants the respect of the Cops inside the joint carry on like a meth-head ready to start WW3 with his bare hands?
                              I take it you haven't met these losers personally? Tough talk outside, weepy little bastards on the inside.

Dignity is not uncommon on the inside. Some do not let the system break them. Not Bundy's buddies, though.

We'll see how Bundy and those who haven't already pled guilty fair in the second go-round. I wish the prosecutors luck.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X