Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if this election turns out like 2000 election?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if this election turns out like 2000 election?

Would the answer to that question be a nightmare from hell or what? Just think of it? Pure insane jibberish on every channel on every tv and radio! Internet would most likely implode. Think if its this crazy now imagine what it would be like if the Supreme Court has to get involved again with a 4-4 split with 8 justices now instead of 9? Our little dictator in chief might get to declare Martial Law after all!

I'd say it is inevitable.

Remember that Al Gore phoned in his concession , and then took it back a few minutes later.
    Has a Democrat Presidential candidate ever given out a clean concession since then?

If they lose they will espouse one set of principles, and if they win (thanks to 18 million dead people voting for them) they will flip to a completely different set of principles as if the others don't exist at that moment.

In the end, does it rally matter? The establishment wants everything its own way and burying Democracy in bribes and BS is their way of life. However --

They should be afraid. From America to New Zealand, they have gradually backed the people of the West into a corner from which there is only one way out. We do not accept their legitimacy. We do not accept their authority, moral or otherwise... Donald Trump is not the savior. Donald Trump is not the movement. Donald Trump is the warning. It makes very little difference if he is elected or not.
    http://voxday.blogspot.com/2016/10/a...blishment.html
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
      Would the answer to that question be a nightmare from hell or what? Just think of it? Pure insane jibberish on every channel on every tv and radio! Internet would most likely implode. Think if its this crazy now imagine what it would be like if the Supreme Court has to get involved again with a 4-4 split with 8 justices now instead of 9? Our little dictator in chief might get to declare Martial Law after all!
      As much as Bobo would like, he is out on the appropriate date no matter what. Given the damage he has done to the military, I would say that even if he tried something like that, it won't work. For now, local and State police control more firepower than the Feds, despite Bobo's best efforts.

Given the volume of claims of voter fraud already seen, I expect a legal issue this time around. How they will resolve it will be anyone's guess.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I love the extreme Rightwing mindset. Provides lots of entertainment.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

If it's like the 2000 one, then fraud plays a significant role in the outcome, and Trump would be correct in calling the results questionable.

Comment

Just got back from our broker’s office. We talked a little about the election. I said that I had read that stock brokers have been saying that if Hillary is running ahead that the market goes up 4% and if Trump runs ahead the market falls 7%. So he said that the market likes stability. If Hillary gets in things will stay the same or change very slowly, but if Trump gets in no one can predict what will happen, so there is likely to be a lot of volatility in the market for a time. With Hillary there won’t be much volatility, if any. This helped to me to understand why Wall Street is supporting Hillary and not the GOP’s Trump.

One of the memories I have about the Occupy Wall Street movement was how fast it got shut down by the authorities. I wonder how long it will take for a similar movement from the right to get shut down. If Wall Street and the banks felt threatened by the Occupy movement and if a movement from the Right would threaten stability, do you think that the Big Money People would ask for it to be shut down as well? Would Law Enforcement do their bidding?
            Homo homini lupus

Comment

Jannie- Stocks are horribly over-valued, they are 2,000 points above what they were when the bubble burst in 2008. Did they guy who told you that say who he was voting for?

Meanwhile, The truth strikes again-
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsw4rR7cCxU

I LOVE it when Muggin Kelly gets flustered!
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
                Just got back from our broker’s office. We talked a little about the election. I said that I had read that stock brokers have been saying that if Hillary is running ahead that the market goes up 4% and if Trump runs ahead the market falls 7%. So he said that the market likes stability. If Hillary gets in things will stay the same or change very slowly, but if Trump gets in no one can predict what will happen, so there is likely to be a lot of volatility in the market for a time. With Hillary there won’t be much volatility, if any. This helped to me to understand why Wall Street is supporting Hillary and not the GOP’s Trump.

One of the memories I have about the Occupy Wall Street movement was how fast it got shut down by the authorities. I wonder how long it will take for a similar movement from the right to get shut down. If Wall Street and the banks felt threatened by the Occupy movement and if a movement from the Right would threaten stability, do you think that the Big Money People would ask for it to be shut down as well? Would Law Enforcement do their bidding?
                Depends on what form a Right wing dissent movement took. The Right isn't into huge rallies / riots and doing stuff like squatting en masse on public property. That's the Left. The Right is more the sort to seethe in small groups and when they get mad enough do really severe damage to whoever it is that's the target of their anger.

One really angry guy on the Right is a serious danger.
                One really angry guy on the Left is a public idiot.

The Left is dangerous in large numbers. The Right is dangerous when one person has had enough.

Comment

Law Enforcement is the establishment and yes it would do the bidding (i.e. shut down an Occupy Wall Street movement) of Big Business because BB is also the establishment.
                  As far as I'm concerned folks, we are living or will be living in some dangerous times. No matter who is elected there will be roughly half of the population who will not accept the legitimacy of the results and there just may be some repercussions on a national basis.
                  ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                  IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                    Law Enforcement is the establishment and yes it would do the bidding (i.e. shut down an Occupy Wall Street movement) of Big Business because BB is also the establishment.
                    Not really.

In the case of Occupy, they moved because the protestors were blocking streets, bridges, access ways...they were making the polices' jobs harder.
                    Every officer wants large crowds to be dispersed before something happens that will turn into endless reports and investigations. We like stability so we can focus on the fun part of the job.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Depends on what form a Right wing dissent movement took. The Right isn't into huge rallies / riots and doing stuff like squatting en masse on public property. That's the Left. The Right is more the sort to seethe in small groups and when they get mad enough do really severe damage to whoever it is that's the target of their anger.

One really angry guy on the Right is a serious danger.
                      One really angry guy on the Left is a public idiot.

The Left is dangerous in large numbers. The Right is dangerous when one person has had enough.
                      The Left is the party of mediocrity, of the mindless herd. Standing around being stupid comes naturally to them.

The Right is the party of the individual, of success, of ambition. They will bring pressure to bear with efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                        The Left is the party of mediocrity, of the mindless herd. Standing around being stupid comes naturally to them.

The Right is the party of the individual, of success, of ambition. They will bring pressure to bear with efficiency.
                        When we think we have all read ,you create a new standard .
                        Know what?
                        I am not even amazed after 3 years aboard here.
                        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

EX-lax does it again. Blow BS all over his keyboard.

Has a Democrat Presidential candidate ever given out a clean concession since then?
                          He Ding a ling. Since Gore Dems have won the two elections. Kerry called GWB.

You'll never hear anything close to this from Turd Trump. He has no class.
                          Last edited by Half Pint John; 28 Oct 16, 03:16.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                            EX-lax does it again. Blow BS all over his keyboard.

He Ding a ling. Since Gore Dems have won the two elections. No concessions needed.

So we didn't have an election in '04?
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

See the You tube posted above
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X