Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it matter who hacked Clinton?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does it matter who hacked Clinton?

    If the information that has been released is true, does it matter who hacked it?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqm2TmQ1Fho
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

  • #2
    Do you care that Russia is trying to influence the out come of the US Election?
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
      Do you care that Russia is trying to influence the out come of the US Election?
      So far I haven't seen any evidence that Russia was involved. I have seen a lot of talking points though...
      {}

      "Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

      Comment


      • #4
        One nation hacking another is much the same in terms of violation of sovereignty as sending drones over its territory ' If you care so little for your country that you don't mind its sovereignty being violated if it helps your political cause then no it doesn't matter to you. Funny people some Americans.
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

        Comment


        • #5
          The truth coming out about wrong-doing is important.

          Military or intelligence secrets are one thing, but exposure of corruption, bias, and malfeasance is another matter entirely.

          No one with any moral value whatsoever could object to the truth being exposed.

          If someone jacked my emails, there would be nothing I would be embarrassed by.

          If you do no wrong, you have no fear of being exposed. Only those with dirty deeds fear the light.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nichols View Post
            Does it matter who hacked Clinton?
            Computer hacking is a crime, whether it's perpetrated by some pimply-faced kid in his mother's basement, or a nation's intelligence service. So yeah, it's a serious issue.

            Of course, should any of the material so produced cast a political figure in a negative light, then the voters are obliged to take that into account, too. . . . .
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

            Comment


            • #7
              What I yearn to know, did the hacking party just provide access to the information or was the information directly provided? In the later case, verification is of course an issue.
              Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
              Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
              USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                Do you care that Russia is trying to influence the out come of the US Election?
                Do you have proof that the Russians did this?
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                Comment


                • #9
                  If a burglar broke into a building, cracked the safe and happened to find some compromising material the burglary would be OK then ?
                  Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                  Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Acheron View Post
                    What I yearn to know, did the hacking party just provide access to the information or was the information directly provided? In the later case, verification is of course an issue.
                    No one seems to be disputing the legitimacy of the e-mails, just context and meaning.

                    The ones I read have the full data displayed.

                    When we hack accounts under search warrant that is how they are recovered.

                    I expect this will radically alter the e-mail habits of career politicians forevermore.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It does in the sense of stopping future hacking on whoever. That makes it a serious issue. Beyond that, what I see is this:

                      Clinton and the Democrats are essentially computer illiterates. They've been hacked repeatedly in good part because they do stuff that's personally advantageous, like Hillary having a secret, private e-mail server to hide all her questionable, and likely illegal goings on, rather than do stuff that makes their computer systems secure.

                      The danger in that is if Clinton is elected you can take it to the bank that she and her Democrat cronies are going to get hacked again and again. So, the related problem here is the illegal, questionable, and narcissistic behavior of the Democrats compromising computer security.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        It does in the sense of stopping future hacking on whoever. That makes it a serious issue. Beyond that, what I see is this:

                        Clinton and the Democrats are essentially computer illiterates. They've been hacked repeatedly in good part because they do stuff that's personally advantageous, like Hillary having a secret, private e-mail server to hide all her questionable, and likely illegal goings on, rather than do stuff that makes their computer systems secure.

                        The danger in that is if Clinton is elected you can take it to the bank that she and her Democrat cronies are going to get hacked again and again. So, the related problem here is the illegal, questionable, and narcissistic behavior of the Democrats compromising computer security.
                        An interesting take on the situation.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nick, you even asking that question mean I have to question you being a Marine. You have basically said you find no problem if these hacks, regardless who they are okay even if they come from foreign powers as long as they support your pov. Shame on you.

                          If they under mine Clinto or Trump makes no differece.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                          Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                          you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                            One nation hacking another is much the same in terms of violation of sovereignty as sending drones over its territory ' If you care so little for your country that you don't mind its sovereignty being violated if it helps your political cause then no it doesn't matter to you. Funny people some Americans.

                            Your linear thinking prevents you from looking at this objectively.

                            I obviously care about my country so much that I put my life on the line for her. I also don't want an escalation of tensions between our countries because the Democrats are making claims while not providing proof.

                            It should easy for the Democrats to prove it was Russia; why don't they?

                            The intelligence agencies sited also provided information on active WMD in Iraq......

                            Funny people some Brits that are blinded by political grandstanding that they don't see the dangers.
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              No one seems to be disputing the legitimacy of the e-mails, just context and meaning.
                              What do you mean "JUST context and meaning"? If I stab somebody with a knife, I would say it is rather important whether the context was me trying to rob the other guy, or stop him from shooting me again. And I am not sure what you mean with "meaning" in this context.
                              Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
                              Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
                              USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X