Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pentagon asks California soldiers to repay bonuses!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentagon asks California soldiers to repay bonuses!

Unbelievable....maybe we can find a way to blame Bush.....

After giving thousands of California soldiers bonuses for re-enlisting in the National Guard, the Pentagon is now asking soldiers to return the money they were paid almost 10 years ago, according to a new report.
    It gets even dumber....
    The payments came during the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan when the Pentagon feared a shortfall of troops, according to a Los Angeles Times investigation published Saturday.

Recently completed audits revealed that the California National Guard was overpaying bonuses due to a lack of oversight at the time, the investigation found.

Veterans who spoke to the newspaper expressed their frustration and financial difficulties with the payment demands, which include wage garnishments, interest payments and tax liens for soldiers declining to pay.

"I signed a contract that I literally risked my life to fulfill," Army Sgt. 1st Class Robert Richmond told the Times. "We want somebody in the government, anybody, to say this is wrong and we'll stop going after this money."
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pen...xVH?li=BBnb7Kz
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

If Hillary wins, military retirees can expect to see their COLA and VA benefits wither away quickly.

I expect the 20 year retirement will soon be a thing of the past as well.

Given the ever-shrinking percentage of the population that serves, and the force reductions that mean fewer retirees, there isn't much political danger.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      If Hillary wins, military retirees can expect to see their COLA and VA benefits wither away quickly.

Given the ever-shrinking percentage of the population that serves, and the force reductions that mean fewer retirees, there isn't much political danger.
      Unless you are already a military retiree like a great many of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

COLA for the military is tied to federal employee retirement in general. That's a group whose unions support Hillary, so there's not a lot of danger in that respect. She'd be both losing a group she sees as supporters and also risking anger among civil service employees who are in positions to rat her out for all the crimes she's committing.

Comment

To demand repayment of bonuses already issued for re enlistment is a new low.
          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
          Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            COLA for the military is tied to federal employee retirement in general. That's a group whose unions support Hillary, so there's not a lot of danger in that respect. She'd be both losing a group she sees as supporters and also risking anger among civil service employees who are in positions to rat her out for all the crimes she's committing.
            COLA for retirees has been frozen for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              Interesting.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                To demand repayment of bonuses already issued for re enlistment is a new low.
                "a new low" is the phrase in my mind that is already associated most closely with Clinton.
                I expect that it will be repeated daily if she wins.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

A meme we'll be seeing a lot of for the next few years.

Comment

Jerry Brown and his gang seem serious about getting their money, but how CAN they be?

Its not like these guys have 20 grand to hand over.
                    I suggest Ghandi's strategy; non-violent non-compliance.
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      "a new low" is the phrase in my mind that is already associated most closely with Clinton.
                      I expect that it will be repeated daily if she wins.
                      She hates the military so expect a daily lashing.
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                        She hates the military so expect a daily lashing.
                        But like Slick Willie, whenever she gets caught with her hand in the till, she'll send US troops out to die in order to distract the media.

Comment

This is wrong-simply and completely.

There are too many bureaucrats in uniform in the Pentagon who are merely bean counters. You can wear a uniform for years and never be a soldier.

This is a load of horse pucky. They caught the guy guilty of fraud, convicted him and jailed him. Give that jackass the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                            This is wrong-simply and completely.

There are too many bureaucrats in uniform in the Pentagon who are merely bean counters. You can wear a uniform for years and never be a soldier.

This is a load of horse pucky. They caught the guy guilty of fraud, convicted him and jailed him. Give that jackass the bill.
                            This is the work of the Democrats you support. You lay with dogs, you get fleas.

Comment

How about instead of making our valiant National Guardsmen pay back a bonus that they never asked for, the US government make the Iranian, Pakistani, Afghani, South Korean and Turkish governments pay back the trillions that the US spent there needlessly?
                              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X