No announcement yet.

The issue of "Voter fraud" in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of that amounts to a ball of spit when it comes to proving electoral fraud - media bias is not electoral fraud, mis reporting is not electoral fraud etc - it may be unhelpful to democracy but it is not electoral fraud. In any case bias is in the eye of the beholder if a candidate says something stupid and every paper reports it that is not bias much less fraud. Badly run polling stations are not electoral fraud (and in any case not that likely to effect anything other than a very close result. Stealing voting machines and dumping them in the river is electoral fraud, stuffing voting boxes with fake ballot papers is electoral fraud, deliberately altering the returns is electoral fraud, using thugs to turn people away from polling stations is electoral fraud. This rather siily article has none of this - lukewarm soup.
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

^I donít believe in the principle of Media Suppression of the vote. I do believe that the media can influence voters with opinion pieces, etc. The First Amendment guarantees Freedom of the Press along with Freedom of Religion, and Freedom to Assemble and Freedom to Petition the Government. So I think Corporate Media, family-owned media are entitled to support whatever candidate they wish as any other corporation can currently do with their money. So we have not only Freedom of the Press but Corporate Speech is also legal per the Supreme Court of the US. Lying about facts or libel should be punishable by law however.

There is no doubt that voter suppression is THE issue of this yearís election process. I do think it is more important that voter ID and voter impersonation issues. The powers that be have made a study of how to suppress voters. No denying this.

I also agree that paper ballots are the way to go. While they may be electronically counted they do leave a verifiable record. I never vote on a screen, but always fill out a ballot with the special pen provided.

Re: Exit polls. If I was ever polled on the way out of the polling place, I might very well lie about how I voted because I donít consider it anyoneís business. I also have been known to lie on phone polls as well. It is not my mission in life to help poll-takers. So I donít necessarily agree with this one.

I do agree with this:
      It will require hand-counted ballots.

It will require universal voter registration.
      Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
        None of that amounts to a ball of spit when it comes to proving electoral fraud - media bias is not electoral fraud, mis reporting is not electoral fraud etc - it may be unhelpful to democracy but it is not electoral fraud. In any case bias is in the eye of the beholder if a candidate says something stupid and every paper reports it that is not bias much less fraud. Badly run polling stations are not electoral fraud (and in any case not that likely to effect anything other than a very close result. Stealing voting machines and dumping them in the river is electoral fraud, stuffing voting boxes with fake ballot papers is electoral fraud, deliberately altering the returns is electoral fraud, using thugs to turn people away from polling stations is electoral fraud. This rather siily article has none of this - lukewarm soup.
        Well where I live I saw hundreds of bernie signs and bumper stickers and not one for shillary. Yet she won here...

Bernie rallies drew hundreds, when the shrill one had them the crickets chirped. Hell even I voted for the first demoscat in my life. (I'd rather have him as pres than either rump or the hell hag.)

I'm convinced she stole the primary via computer fraud.
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

"The press is against me", "I never said that", "The election is rigged"... Man, there is nothing quite so delicious as a fine, aged New York whine."
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            Well where I live I saw hundreds of bernie signs and bumper stickers and not one for shillary. Yet she won here...

Bernie rallies drew hundreds, when the shrill one had them the crickets chirped. Hell even I voted for the first demoscat in my life. (I'd rather have him as pres than either rump or the hell hag.)

I'm convinced she stole the primary via computer fraud.
            But you have no evidence of anything. Attendance at rallies means zilch - just proves an enthusiastic core. Our own Jeremy Corbyn gets packed rallies (from the faithful converted) but is so way down in the polls that you need a telescope to see him. When it comes to voting a lot of lukewarm people who think you are marginally less scummy than the other candidate is always a better bet than a small number of vocal supporters.
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I believe there is voter fraud. Trump is a dangerously uninformed, entirely unqualified narcissistic racist psychopath. The press has consistently demonstrated the "fairness bias" by failing to attack Trump more. The "Fairness Bias" is the attempt by the press to give a nonsensical position the appearance of parity with a rational position simply in the name of "fairness". For example, a claim that "fairness" requires a journalist to give equal time to those claiming the earth is flat with those claiming it is round.

There is no way a moron like Trump can win without voter fraud and no way he should have even won the GOP nomination without fraud.

My evidence is the fact that sometimes the names of dead people are assigned to an actual voter. And I think I heard somewhere that some people at some polling station caused some kind of problem. I have decided that it is obvious that all such incidents can be projected into the future and to have a uniform effect in favour of Trump and against Hillary.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                I believe there is voter fraud. Trump is a dangerously uninformed, entirely unqualified narcissistic racist psychopath. The press has consistently demonstrated the "fairness bias" by failing to attack Trump more. The "Fairness Bias" is the attempt by the press to give a nonsensical position the appearance of parity with a rational position simply in the name of "fairness". For example, a claim that "fairness" requires a journalist to give equal time to those claiming the earth is flat with those claiming it is round.

There is no way a moron like Trump can win without voter fraud and no way he should have even won the GOP nomination without fraud.

My evidence is the fact that sometimes the names of dead people are assigned to an actual voter. And I think I heard somewhere that some people at some polling station caused some kind of problem. I have decided that it is obvious that all such incidents can be projected into the future and to have a uniform effect in favour of Trump and against Hillary.
                But voter list are full of dead people. I guess the funeral director forgot to tell the election officials.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

More CO Election Troubles: Investigation Finds People Voting Twice...

The Living Dead...

TX County Switches to Paper Ballots After Electronic 'Glitches'...

More Reports of Flipping...
                  TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X