How Devisive Will This Election Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Devisive Will This Election Be?

No matter who wins, what will be the effect on the American public? We have seen how divided America became under Obama. Will either candidate be able to act as the president of all of America, or only part?

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

How divisive? It is reminding me of my former signature of an old video game called Shattered Union.
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

If Hillary wins, we will all happily support her.

Or else.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I think it's going to split the men and women big time. We'll see.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...rent/undefined
        Homo homini lupus

Comment

If Hillary wins we will be hashing the integrity of her convention, the legality of her election, Benghazi, the many deaths that have helped hide her corruption, her death, and all the rest for the next four years.

If Trump wins it will be Trump Did this 24/7 in the mainstream news.

In short, the tone of the last four months will remain for the next four years.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Trump headquarters in North Carolina was firebombed over the weekend. The violence by the far left continues.

Comment

It has been unifying. Unifying in that most of us are disgusted by both Clinton and Trump.
              "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
              Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                If Hillary wins we will be hashing the integrity of her convention, the legality of her election, Benghazi, the many deaths that have helped hide her corruption, her death, and all the rest for the next four years.

If Trump wins it will be Trump Did this 24/7 in the mainstream news.

In short, the tone of the last four months will remain for the next four years.
                I agree totally and to add to the stuff that we are going to be hearing--just saw this story that Trump's son in law is getting together a package to produce a Trump Media Outlet. So if that takes off, we're going to hear Trump, Trump, Trump if he is elected or not, and as you say Anti-Hillary stuff if she is elected.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...source=copyurl

I wonder if Roger Ailes will be the manager and editor in chief? Or Bannon?

Hopefully if they are running their own Media they won't want to share it with other outlets so we won't have to hear it unless we choose to watch TRUMP TV.
                Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                  If Hillary wins, we will all happily support her.

Or else.
                  We should support her 100% if she is doing the right thing. Oppose her 100% if she is not.

The president doesn't get their way with out the say of congress.

Of course in the role of commander in chief the president has to have some latitude.
                  "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                  Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

If Trump wins we will see a significant increase in domestic terror attacks that will divide the nation unlike anything we've seen before. Couple that with a crippling economy as a result of his radical expenditures and things could get very ugly.

If Hillary wins we'll be united, as we'll be forced to put our differences aside and fight Russia in a world war.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Divisive? Not as much as destructive. Hillary wins the social welfare state and Progressive ideas will continue to be force fed to the nation.

Energy: The war on coal will continue. "Green" energy will continue to get heavy subsidies and I'd expect a kWh to rise as much as 50% in cost (eg., from about $.12 now to around $.20 per hour used). That puts the cost in line to make it cheaper to have a natural gas or diesel generator in your yard going 24/7 than buy your power.
                      Basically, like Germany, the US will start running into shortages, and the price will rise where it hurts the economy. In some places, like the Southwest I'd expect power companies to start building generation stations in Mexico and importing power as a cheaper alternative. Canada might do the same thing.

Obamacare: Expect Hillary to double down on it calling for single payer and massive tax increases to prop it up. How that plays out depends on the bribes she gets and from who.

Military: Hillary will call for cuts in spending to redirect the money to the social welfare state.

Economy: It will continue to be a cripple under Hillary with increasing regulation, more government direction, and increasing of the service sector over manufacturing and other jobs heavily regulated by the EPA in particular.

Trump is less predictable. It's hard to say which way he'll go with things. I do think he'll be more inclined to want an economic success rather than a political one based on dogma like Hillary.

I do expect the press to pillory Trump if he's elected while they will fawn and slather praise on Hillary trying hard to cover for her inevitable scandals.

That's one thing I know Hillary will have almost immediately on taking office: Serious scandals and misdeeds going on. A Hillary administration will be scandal ridden and spend much of its time fighting charges of quid pro quo, bribery, misconduct, illegal activity, felonies, and such. It may well cripple her ability to do anything in office if it gets really bad.
                      Impeachment proceedings are not beyond question either. That may well happen.

Trump may be a loon but he wouldn't be facing impeachment. Hillary very well might.

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                        We should support her 100% if she is doing the right thing. Oppose her 100% if she is not.

The president doesn't get their way with out the say of congress.

Of course in the role of commander in chief the president has to have some latitude.

I seem to recall that when Bush was president that "latitude" was called "shredding the constitution" and that "dissent was patriotic".

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I seem to recall that when Bush was president that "latitude" was called "shredding the constitution" and that "dissent was patriotic".
                          Still is under Obama, and I cannot see Clinton as defending the Constitution at any point, unless it grants her some additional power.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

That only applies to GOP Presidents.
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              That only applies to GOP Presidents.

True. Now "dissent" will be sexist, instead of just racist.
                              Unless Trump wins, then it will be patriotic again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X