Trumping the Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martok View Post
    I worked my entire fracking life pal. That I am now retired is a blessing, not an indictment. But elitist is as elitist does.

Translation: You can't refute anything so resort to insult.
    Exactly.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Matias Reyes is a career criminal. Murderpedia list him as not only a killer but a serial rapist. Yet his participation in the brutal rape of Meili does nothing to prove the innocence of the Central Park Five.
      Did Reyes ever act with other accomplices? Did he even know the Central Park 5?

From the wiki: (bold mine)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Park_jogger_case

At the time of the attack, he was working at an East Harlem bodega on Third Avenue and 102nd Street, and living in a van on the street.[56][57] He provided a detailed account of the attack, details of which were corroborated by other evidence.[25] The DNA evidence confirmed his participation in the rape, identifying him as the sole contributor of the semen found in and on the victim "to a factor of one in 6,000,000,000 people".[25] DNA analysis of the strands of hair found in Richardson's underpants established that the hair did not belong to the victim.[58] The victim had been tied up with her T-shirt in a distinctive fashion that Reyes used again on later victims.[58]
      "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
      -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

I worked my entire fracking life pal. That I am now retired is a blessing, not an indictment. But elitist is as elitist does.

Translation: You can't refute anything so resort to insult.
        Congrats on working but you can put away the soaring violin strings and take the chip off shoulder because I leveled nothing like an "indictment". But wouldn't it be cool if I did? You were all ready to play the heroic hard working guy and launch into another entirely irrelevant tirade. Instead, I simply meant I don't have the time for an item by item review of the evidence and lack thereof.

You cheer on Trump's interference with judicial process and calls to execute teenagers prior to any convictions but scream foul over any attempt to push public opinion in another direction.

The basic fact is the confessions are filled with errors both nominal and substantial. If the confessions were genuine, there is no good explanation why there would be substantial errors on non-exculpatory elements of the offence. Apart from the confessions there are problems with the prosecution's timeline and nothing to tie the original accused to the act.

Notwithstanding the subsequent investigation showing a lack of police misconduct it begs the question of what "evidence" would exist absent an admission of misconduct by any of the officers involved. There is ample evidence to show the susceptibility of young offenders to give false confessions.

The current evidence would not result in a conviction and the prosecutors know it. It is so weak that the City obviously doubted there ability to defend against a malicious prosecution case and settled for a substantial sum.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
          Notwithstanding the subsequent investigation showing a lack of police misconduct it begs the question of what "evidence" would exist absent an admission of misconduct by any of the officers involved. There is ample evidence to show the susceptibility of young offenders to give false confessions.

The current evidence would not result in a conviction and the prosecutors know it. It is so weak that the City obviously doubted there ability to defend against a malicious prosecution case and settled for a substantial sum.
          How many criminal cases have you investigated in the USA?

There were over 1300 pieces of evidence presented by the State. I outlined a half-dozen in an earlier post, which you still have yet to address.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X