Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benghazi attack preventable, goiing after Hillary legitimate

From Sidney Blumenthal:

"One important point has been universally acknowledged by the nine previous reports about Benghazi: The attack was almost certainly preventable. Clinton was in charge of the State Department, and it failed to protect U.S. personnel at an American consulate in Libya. If the GOP wants to raise that as a talking point against her, it is legitimate.

https://twitter.com/passantino/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

In my mind people are failing to connect the dots. Why was Stevens left to die? What were the hellhags motives? Was it to cover up the weapon transfers to Syria?

I believe so...
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
        From Sidney Blumenthal:

"One important point has been universally acknowledged by the nine previous reports about Benghazi: The attack was almost certainly preventable. Clinton was in charge of the State Department, and it failed to protect U.S. personnel at an American consulate in Libya. If the GOP wants to raise that as a talking point against her, it is legitimate.

Sure, it is "legitimate" to raise as "talking points"

I hope you get how little that actually says.

Bush was "in charge" on 9/11 and it is perfectly legitimate to raise as "talking points" his culpability for the attack.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
          Sure, it is "legitimate" to raise as "talking points"

I hope you get how little that actually says.
          It says a lot about someone that is running for President, there is a reason why this was covered up until WikiLeaks published it.

Someone in Clinton's inner circle says that the "almost certainly preventable," this didn't come from someone against Clinton.

Ambassador Stevens requested additional security numerous times before he was murdered. FAST EUR could have been there within 20 hours of any one of his requests.

That didn't fit well in an election year when the Administration was claiming that the terrorist were on the run as they were supplying weapons to other terrorists in Syria.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

From Sidney Blumenthal:

You're joking, right?

This is widely known to be false and likely started by a Russian state sponsored blog.

From http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ropaganda.html

Trump Knows ‘Nothing About Russia,’ He Just Repeats Their Propaganda

To be fair, few right-wingers could resist this particular email, in which longtime Clinton confidante Sidney Blumenthal told John Podesta, her campaign chair, that the attack in Benghazi was “almost certainly preventable.”

But Trump should have gone with his gut instinct, because it turns out the email was a complete fabrication put forth by Sputnik. The Russian state-controlled media outlet wrote:
            "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
            -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

It says a lot about someone that is running for President, there is a reason why this was covered up until WikiLeaks published it.

Someone in Clinton's inner circle says that the "almost certainly preventable," this didn't come from someone against Clinton.

Ambassador Stevens requested additional security numerous times before he was murdered. FAST EUR could have been there within 20 hours of any one of his requests.

That didn't fit well in an election year when the Administration was claiming that the terrorist were on the run as they were supplying weapons to other terrorists in Syria.
              Thirteen requests to withdraw or gain additional security were turned down during the 30 days prior to the attack. The situation was so precarious the USMC refused to provide a Embassy Security Detail without certain conditions being met.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

From Sidney Blumenthal:

Some different views on this.

Newsweek

Snopes
                To delight in war is a merit in the soldier, a dangerous quality in the captain, and a positive crime in the statesman. - George Santayana

Comment

Originally posted by taco View Post
                  Some different views on this.

Newsweek

Snopes
                  Terrible biased sources with exceedingly poor integrity as to facts.

But definitely differing viewpoints.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

What terrorist attack isn't "preventable"? It was and continues to be a matter of the development of intelligence and the application of security precautions. It is a truism applicable to every attack before, since and all attacks in the future.

What was the change in State Department security protocols instituted by Clinton between the time she was sworn in and the attack?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      Terrible biased sources with exceedingly poor integrity as to facts.

But definitely differing viewpoints.
                      I don't see evidence that they are biased, but I realize those who hate Clinton will not like them.
                      To delight in war is a merit in the soldier, a dangerous quality in the captain, and a positive crime in the statesman. - George Santayana

Comment

Originally posted by taco View Post
                        I don't see evidence that they are biased, but I realize those who hate Clinton will not like them.
                        What those links show is that Blumenthal sent an email that the attack was almost certainly preventable. He got the information from Newsweek and he felt it was so important that he repeated it.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                          What was the change in State Department security protocols instituted by Clinton between the time she was sworn in and the attack?
                          The 'change' in protocol came from the Embassy attacks in 1998. In 2000 we deactivated Marine Security Forces in Iceland, England, Spain, and Italy and stood up Marine FAST Europe Company in Rota Spain. This unit is fully funded and it's mission is to increase security at Embassies and other critical locations throughout Europe & Africa.

The point is, there was additional funded Marine security available the whole time that the Ambassador was requesting it.

Comment

From Sidney Blumenthal:

An just how were they PREVENTABLE? IF the man on the scene had withdrawn the Consulate personnel there MIGHT have been less damage and he would still be alive. Did those on the scene have lack if intel on the locals that the natives were restless?

Twitter as a source...tell me when I can quit laughing.

They were less preventable than the 911 attacks. DUH!!!!
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

What those links show is that Blumenthal sent an email that the attack was almost certainly preventable. He got the information from Newsweek and he felt it was so important that he repeated it.
                              Everyone can read the articles and draw their own conclusions. I believe this issue has been discredited.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X