Can Trump dump the Republicans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    I hope he does, after the election, and then set up a party that is willing to represent the views and hopes of the people that have had no other option than to vote for people who only pretend to do so.... Republicans, in other words.

But first, I would like to see him actually do so.
    The last thing we need will be a third party.

Luckily, the people who pay for elections have zero motivation to increase their costs for no gain.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Aha A Librarian's convention in Ankh Morpork
      Someone didn't return Trump's book "The Art of the Comeback" and they desperately need it?
      Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
      (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        Nonsense.

The DNP circumvents their own convention, and puts up a corrupt half-dead shell of a human being as the best they can do.

This isn't a career spent sailing in circles waiting for the boat to rust, Bass. Politics requires cunning.
        What are you talking about, Bernie did not get the nomination! Pleeeeease, the walking toupee is cunning?!?!? Trump could not manage his wife's convention speech and was foolish to make a case for sexual harassment on video! Since 2008 the lunatic fringe has been pushing the Republican Party to the right; I was ready to vote for McCain until he got saddle with the Grizzly Mama. Romney in 2012 was no improvement; while not morally reprehensible like Trump, Romney was aptly described as a political weather vane. And now we have Trump; he sings the praises of despots and dictators, threatens his political opponents, encourages violence at his rallies, he is entitled that he thinks that he thinks that women find his fat ass irresistible, argues that a judge his unfit because he incorrectly thought that he was a Mexican immigrant.........please tell me that we do not have to go through the whole list of deplorable actions and statements that have made the Trump campaign so memorable.
        Last edited by Bass_Man86; 12 Oct 16, 11:39.
        Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
        Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
          What are you talking about, Bernie did not get the nomination! Pleeeeease, the walking toupee is cunning?!?!? Trump could not manage his wife's convention speech and was foolish to make a case for sexual harassment on video! Since 2008 the lunatic fringe has been pushing the Republican Party to the right; I was ready to vote for McCain until he got saddle with the Grizzly Mama. Romney in 2012 was no improvement; while not morally reprehensible like Trump, Romney was aptly described as a political weather vane. And now we have Trump; he sings the praises of despots and dictators, threatens his political opponents, encourages violence at his rallies, he is entitled that he thinks that he thinks that women find his fat ass irresistible, argues that a judge his unfit because he incorrectly thought that he was a Mexican immigrant.........please tell me that we do not have to go through the whole list of deplorable actions and statements that have made the Trump campaign so memorable.
          As opposed to Hillary, who leaks classified data, has an unusually large number of enemies die, and who has become a multi-millionaire while politician and appointee...oh, and whose convention was rigged, forcing the head of her party to resign.

I understand why a time-server such as yourself is drawn to Hillary, but I'm surprised you support the elimination of the VA and a reduction to COLA benefits for military veterans and guys who served in the USN. Isn't self-interest is what you liberals are all about?
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

As opposed to Hillary, who leaks classified data, has an unusually large number of enemies die, and who has become a multi-millionaire while politician and appointee...oh, and whose convention was rigged, forcing the head of her party to resign.

I understand why a time-server such as yourself is drawn to Hillary, but I'm surprised you support the elimination of the VA and a reduction to COLA benefits for military veterans and guys who served in the USN. Isn't self-interest is what you liberals are all about?
            Don't be dumb - because someone thinks Trump is a scumbag doesn't automatically mean they favour Clinton. The world is more complicated than binary. I reckon any thinking voter in your election is going to have to hold their nose whoever they vote for
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Don't be dumb - because someone thinks Trump is a scumbag doesn't automatically mean they favour Clinton. The world is more complicated than binary. I reckon any thinking voter in your election is going to have to hold their nose whoever they vote for
              Don't be childish: you either support Trump, or you support Hillary. There are only two choices.

Comment

Don't be childish: you either support Trump, or you support Hillary. There are only two choices.
                For the simple minded maybe - you could support neither
                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                  A new party that can only draw about 20-30% of the voters is a losing party.
                  You are not allowing for the possibility that people could leave the Democrat Plantation in even moderate numbers.
                  They can, and if anyone has ever motivated them to do so, it is Hillary.

Three parties with approximately 30% works out pretty well.

So, just drop out and let other people decide your fate?
                  How very European...

Comment

So many CEC talking points in such a little space. My.
                    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    And why the sea is boiling hot—
                    And whether pigs have wings.”
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

That translates into the support for the winner. This is why there are so many efforts to convince voters that one candidate has a winning majority: to get them to not bother voting.

There literally is only two choices. You can vote for, or vote against, but that is it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        You are not allowing for the possibility that people could leave the Democrat Plantation in even moderate numbers.
                        They can, and if anyone has ever motivated them to do so, it is Hillary.

Three parties with approximately 30% works out pretty well.
                        That would be a train wreck.

With three parties Congress would be badly weakened, leaving the POTUS much more powerful.

You are throwing away checks and balances for no gain.

Meanwhile, with campaign money even tighter, politicians will have to make even more compromising promises to secure office, meaning that the corruption you decry so often would double.

Comment

With three parties Congress would be badly weakened, leaving the POTUS much more powerful.
                          Two things:
                          • What was the last time in American history when Congress's power increased relative to the Executive branch?
                          • Congress is more disliked than almost any institution in the United States, and the last two years has reached its lowest historical levels. Even Obama has higher marks than Congress, meaning the hate for Congress is bipartisan.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/189848/no...-approval.aspx

There isn't much sympathy for Congress in these United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                            There isn't much sympathy for Congress in these United States.
                            Yet they keep getting re-elected. Which supports Disraeli's point on falsehoods.

A majority of voters like their Rep or Senator. But they dislike everyone else's.

This goes back to our earlier discussion: public opinion means squat. Otherwise no member of Congress would ever make POTUS.

No one votes for 'Congress'. They vote for specific individuals.

Comment

Yet they keep getting re-elected. Which supports Disraeli's point on falsehoods.

So perhaps its time to take a review of a system thats been set in aspic for more than 200 years?

Comment

So perhaps its time to take a review of a system thats been set in aspic for more than 200 years?
                                Nope.

It is still better than any other system currently in use. Hell, you guys still think a monarchy is a good idea...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X