Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    Dream on.
    My apologies. I have a tendency to sour the Kool Aid.

You mean like rigging a convention? That is a DNC thing.
    How dare the Democratic voters rig the convention and refuse to choose the non-Democrat Sanders.

Your bias is leading you down paths of illusion.
    Yes, my Neo-Fascist-Democratic-Marxist-Anarchist-Liberal-Authoritarianism is really on display today, isn't it?

The Tea Party already conducted one purge, leaving the GOP united enough to prevail against a DNP majority in the Senate. Both parties have to trim the fringes to stay healthy.
    And a few years later the same party is being accused of being traitors and Democrats again. Funny how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
      And a few years later the same party is being accused of being traitors and Democrats again. Funny how that works.
      Not the party, specific individuals. Most of who have been called RINOs for years.

Just because something is new to you, does not make it new.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Fools like Ryan say - "Vote for me so we can stop Hillary in the House & Senate next year!"
        .... how about stopping her by trying to convince people to vote for somebody else NOW?!?

The Republican establishment is nothing but a gang of professional losers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          Fools like Ryan say - "Vote for me so we can stop Hillary in the House & Senate next year!"
          .... how about stopping her by trying to convince people to vote for somebody else NOW?!?

The Republican establishment is nothing but a gang of professional losers.
          So you support Hillary?

Ryan has been a RINO his entire career. He is no more part of the GOP than Sanders.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Not the party, specific individuals. Most of who have been called RINOs for years.

Just because something is new to you, does not make it new.
            And these individuals control the party - and have done so for years. After all, it is hardly new, hmm?

Comment

And these individuals control the party - and have done so for years. After all, it is hardly new, hmm?
              Actually, no, they do not.

Ryan is a majority leader, but does not hold the position as head of the party, much less a controlling position.

Again, your bias and assumptions are leading you down an illusionary path. Every election has this sort of drama. Every election some pols screw their careers trying for an advantage. The only thing new this go-round is that the DNC got caught takes sides in a convention.

Comment

Actually, no, they do not.

Ryan is a majority leader, but does not hold the position as head of the party, much less a controlling position.
                And Ryan is not the only figure in the GOP leadership accused of being a RINO, now is he?

Again, your bias and assumptions are leading you down an illusionary path. Every election has this sort of drama. Every election some pols screw their careers trying for an advantage. The only thing new this go-round is that the DNC got caught takes sides in a convention.
                Yes, we all remember how those major Democratic Party figures were backing down from supporting Obama just a month before the 2008 elections.

Comment

And Ryan is not the only figure in the GOP leadership accused of being a RINO, now is he?
                  Nope. But they were called that before this election.

RINOs have their uses, so long as they toe the line when needed.

Yes, we all remember how those major Democratic Party figures were backing down from supporting Obama just a month before the 2008 elections.
                  You only remember only one previous election?

How about a candidate's criminal actions being discussed a month out? Or their ability to even function?

The media frenzy over Trump is about one thing: they fear he will be elected.

And a torrent of biased media will likely do him more good than harm.

It is a lot like here: the same couple posters starting a frenzy
                  of anti-Trump threads simply because down deep, they are afraid.

Comment

Nope. But they were called that before this election.

RINOs have their uses, so long as they toe the line when needed.
                    So then, why bring up just Ryan in your response when I was talking about other figures in the GOP? Ryan isn't the only Republican worried about Trump and what he means for the party.

You only remember only one previous election?

How about a candidate's criminal actions being discussed a month out? Or their ability to even function?
                    I notice a lack of examples for major same-party officials refusing to support their nominee a month before the election in your post.

The media frenzy over Trump is about one thing: they fear he will be elected.

And a torrent of biased media will likely do him more good than harm.
                    Which is why he is currently coasting towards a comfortable margin in the polls, considering all the "biased media" against him.

It is a lot like here: the same couple posters starting a frenzy
                    of anti-Trump threads simply because down deep, they are afraid.
                    Continuing that logic, then it is safe to assume that the conservatives bending over backwards to ensure reality meets their beliefs are just doing so because of impotent fear that they'll somehow manage to lose to someone as dirty as Hillary.

Nothing but forced bravado from the liberals and head-burying from the conservatives paints a quaint little picture.

Comment

So then, why bring up just Ryan in your response when I was talking about other figures in the GOP? Ryan isn't the only Republican worried about Trump and what he means for the party.
                      Because Ryan is a particular RINO. I have not seen all that much resistance from others. Mostly its media claims. It isn't a secret Trump was not their first choice; he wasn't mine, either.

I notice a lack of examples for major same-party officials refusing to support their nominee a month before the election in your post.
                      I notice a lack of examples for major party candidates still weathering accusations of criminal behavior a month before the election in your post.

For that matter, Ryan is waffling on support either way. As usual, he takes no stand; certainly no refusal. And the liberal media makes fiction more often than not.

Which is why he is currently coasting towards a comfortable margin in the polls, considering all the "biased media" against him.
                      You mean the polls where CNN or ABC polls a pool of Democrats?

They had headlines printed that Truman lost the election...

Continuing that logic, then it is safe to assume that the conservatives bending over backwards to ensure reality meets their beliefs are just doing so because of impotent fear that they'll somehow manage to lose to someone as dirty as Hillary.
                      Losing to someone as dirty as Hillary is easy. Winning against that degree of corruption is hard.

Nothing but forced bravado from the liberals and head-burying from the conservatives paints a quaint little picture.
                      Both parties are gearing up for the post-election battle. For that matter, Hillary's ability to live long enough to have any actual impact is in doubt.

Never confuse the love of argument found on this board with genuine passion.

Comment

Because Ryan is a particular RINO. I have not seen all that much resistance from others. Mostly its media claims. It isn't a secret Trump was not their first choice; he wasn't mine, either.
                        So that explains the anger at Ryan: the RINOs lost when the true conservative Trump was chosen, but you had the good sense to bite your tongues and support him you'd have at least some chance of defeating Hillary. Or at least, some of you did - and Ryan didn't.

I notice a lack of examples for major party candidates still weathering accusations of criminal behavior a month before the election in your post.

For that matter, Ryan is waffling on support either way. As usual, he takes no stand; certainly no refusal. And the liberal media makes fiction more often than not.
                        So we can just put your claim that "Every election has this sort of drama." into the "unsupported" bin then.

You mean the polls where CNN or ABC polls a pool of Democrats?
                        No.

They had headlines printed that Truman lost the election...
                        From flawed methodology. Algebra isn't faulty just because you messed up your sums.

Losing to someone as dirty as Hillary is easy. Winning against that degree of corruption is hard.
                        The nobility of the challenge. That would explain why the GOP chose Trump - they wanted a challenge.

Never confuse the love of argument found on this board with genuine passion.
                        Ah, the tsundere defense.

Comment

So that explains the anger at Ryan: the RINOs lost when the true conservative Trump was chosen, but you had the good sense to bite your tongues and support him you'd have at least some chance of defeating Hillary. Or at least, some of you did - and Ryan didn't.
                          I'm not angry at anyone. Ryan has been a INO since day one.
                          Ryan never takes a stand on anything; he moves to cover all bases at all times. This time, however, he was too obvious.

You don't understand: I would vote GOP regardless who the Dems were running. The machine matters more than the individual candidate.

So we can just put your claim that "Every election has this sort of drama." into the "unsupported" bin then.
                          Not at all. You just lack the experience to see it. Remember Bush's NG record? Mike Wallace lost his career over that one. Perot's accusation of threats? There is always drama.

No.
                          Yes, you do.

There haven't been many honest polls in years. On either side. It is all just part of the game.

From flawed methodology. Algebra isn't faulty just because you messed up your sums.
                          But this isn't science, it is politics.

The nobility of the challenge. That would explain why the GOP chose Trump - they wanted a challenge.
                          Trump was chosen because he won the convention. Hillary was chosen because her convention was rigged. That is how it goes, sometimes.

Comment

What I find fascinating is how a few weeks ago when Trump was running ahead in the polls a lot of the GOPers were suddenly for him after having disavowed him when he was behind. Now of course they are disavowing him again. They have no loyalty within their own party. One of the most striking things that I have heard yesterday is the statement by GOP strategist Steve Schmidt

https://www.facebook.com/Mediamatter...7/?pnref=story

in which he talks about the intellectual rot within the Republican Party. Is it rottenness or just opportunism on their part?

Now they are going to watch Trump burn down the party in his anger and angst because he is going to lose and lose badly. And the resentment that he will engender among his loyal base after the election will resonate again into the next election cycle and keep the party from repairing itself. I wonder if they will even do another autopsy this time.
                            Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
                              f. I wonder if they will even do another autopsy this time.
                              Lenin once said (of the Russian government) "One cannot expect a corpse to bury itself" I wonder if the same applies to the Republican party and Autopsies
                              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I'm not angry at anyone. Ryan has been a INO since day one.
                                Ryan never takes a stand on anything; he moves to cover all bases at all times. This time, however, he was too obvious.

You don't understand: I would vote GOP regardless who the Dems were running. The machine matters more than the individual candidate.
                                That's not exactly a shocker. People have been commenting upon that sentiment for months now. Trump himself called attention to it.

Not at all. You just lack the experience to see it. Remember Bush's NG record? Mike Wallace lost his career over that one. Perot's accusation of threats? There is always drama.
                                So you're claim was dependent upon a very generous interpretation of "this sort of drama", not an actual actual attempt to draw close parallels between this election and past ones, in the same way that pork ribs and chocolate pudding are the same "sort of food" because they are both consumed with the mouth.

Normally.

Yes, you do.
                                I keep forgetting you're omniscient.

There haven't been many honest polls in years. On either side. It is all just part of the game.
                                Not understand something like polling doesn't make it dishonest.

But this isn't science, it is politics.
                                Not understanding something like statistics doesn't make it an art.

Trump was chosen because he won the convention. Hillary was chosen because her convention was rigged. That is how it goes, sometimes.
                                Not understanding something like voting doesn't make it rigged.
                                Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 12 Oct 16, 22:29.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X