X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Replacing the AG is a given as it has been done by most all newly elected.

THEN your IF is very realistic. Good to see. After Trumps public threat and IF he loses would Clinton appoint a SP to investigate all of Trump's dealings? Sounds like a safe bet.
    And the current one should have been replaced following her little runway get together with Slick Willie a couple days prior to Comey letting Hillary off the hook.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Strike an immunity deal and destroy the SP's laptop.

Actually, IF Trump wins, he'll likely do a major shake-up of DOJ, and replace the AG and Head of FBI as some of his first actions. Then go about getting an SP re-examining HRC.
    Replacing the AG is a given as it has been done by most all newly elected.

THEN your IF is very realistic. Good to see. After Trumps public threat and IF he loses would Clinton appoint a SP to investigate all of Trump's dealings? Sounds like a safe bet.

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    Originally posted by armor11 View Post
    Wrong. He was appointed by Elliot Richardson.
    Did I not specifically point out that the Attorney General is a member of the Presidential Cabinet?

The whole point of my post was to explain that the President in the end will be the one that can order a investigation.

Is taking a post out of context such an addiction for you?

...said the person that can't even get the basic facts right.
    What basic fact that the President is in charge of the Attorney General can you not comprehend?

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    Archibald Cox that investigated Watergate was appointed by Nixon.

The Attorney General is a member of the Presidential Cabinet.

Trump did say he would order the Attorney General to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the Hell Hag.

Don't pay too much attention to Combat Engineer's posts as most involving politics are useless and are meant to make Hillary look good at Trump's expense.
    Sweet. Love this post.

Would you like the specific Federal statute involved???

Leave a comment:

• armor11
    replied
    Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    Wrong. He was appointed by Elliot Richardson.

Don't pay too much attention to Combat Engineer's posts as most involving politics are useless and are meant to make Hillary look good at Trump's expense.
    ...said the person that can't even get the basic facts right.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    I just be happy when this cluster f*ck of a election is over. I'm certain the gloating will proceed for a few weeks from whichever side wins here.

I've never seen such juvenile behavior over a election before, but I now expect people on this forum to have both tantrums and gloat fests like six year olds winning their first game of checkers...

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    Presidents don't appoint special prosecutors.
    Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
    Then who does?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    The Attorney General.

The Attorney General is a member of the Presidential Cabinet.

Trump did say he would order the Attorney General to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the Hell Hag.

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    An what happens when the FBI starts looking at the SP, very closely?
    Strike an immunity deal and destroy the SP's laptop.

Actually, IF Trump wins, he'll likely do a major shake-up of DOJ, and replace the AG and Head of FBI as some of his first actions. Then go about getting an SP re-examining HRC.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    Using the law's enforcers to harass the opposition is bad, like when the IRS targeted conservative groups and continues to do so.
    But appointing a special prosecutor is not proof of tyranny nor would the filing of charges if the SP felt they were justified.
    Given the actions of the DOJ and the FBI I think a special prosecutor is the right idea if they wish to pursue Hillary.
    It is still entirely legal to bring charges against her too.

I see a SP as appropriate entirely based on what Comey said, not because of my political beliefs.
    An what happens when the FBI starts looking at the SP, very closely?

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    [QUOTE=armor11;3274168]What he said in the second debate was that he would appoint a special prosecutor to go after her. He also interrupted her at one point and said "...you'd be in jail" if he won.

Those are the words of a tyrant.

Of course, since he's not actually allowed to do appoint a special prosecutor, he would have to demand that his attorney general go after her. Nixon was the last president to attempt to abuse his power so overtly.

No, the words of a fool.

IF he doesn't win he is going to be in very deep shhit for at least the next four year.

Does he think threatening the Clintons was a good move when all he had backing him up is his mouth?

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    The revolution and race war prophets have as proven a track record as the rapture folk.

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    While I think you are right, Hillary seems to be pretty good at screwing things up too.

The race wouldn't be close if the dems were running someone other than Hillary.
    Switch then both out and GOP would be in charge. It was a GOP year, and they blew it.

We almost beyond that point now.

Leave a comment:

• jonny87kz
    replied
    Originally posted by armor11 View Post
    What he said in the second debate was that he would appoint a special prosecutor to go after her. He also interrupted her at one point and said "...you'd be in jail" if he won.

Those are the words of a tyrant.

Of course, since he's not actually allowed to do appoint a special prosecutor, he would have to demand that his attorney general go after her. Nixon was the last president to attempt to abuse his power so overtly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre
    Just curious, how is enforcing the law and setting that law breakers are punished the act of a tyrant?

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Another week like the one we are currently in and the SP talk is all academic.

While I think you are right, Hillary seems to be pretty good at screwing things up too.

The race wouldn't be close if the dems were running someone other than Hillary.

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Another week like the one we are currently in and the SP talk is all academic.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X