Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armor11 View Post
    "...you'd be in jail" if he won.
    Can you provide a link to where he said she would be in jail if he won?
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      Can you provide a link to where he said she would be in jail if he won?
      You've already seen it. Only thing left to argue about is weather he was simply smirking or making a statement. What chant does he encourage his audience members to yell?
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        You've already seen it.
        The links have confirmed what I have been saying all along.
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

What he said in the second debate was that he would appoint a special prosecutor to go after her. He also interrupted her at one point and said "...you'd be in jail" if he won.

Those are the words of a tyrant.

Of course, since he's not actually allowed to do appoint a special prosecutor, he would have to demand that his attorney general go after her. Nixon was the last president to attempt to abuse his power so overtly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre

I'm sorry. Tyrants appoint "special prosecutors" who will then be forced to conduct their prosecution within the confines of the law?
          I'm pretty sure that is the opposite of what tyrants actually do.
          Forgive me for trying to insert some logic.
          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
            I'm sorry. Tyrants appoint "special prosecutors" who will then be forced to conduct their prosecution within the confines of the law?
            I'm pretty sure that is the opposite of what tyrants actually do.
            Forgive me for trying to insert some logic.
            I think the problem is that it becomes an ethical grey area. On the one hand, just because you're in the opposition doesn't make you immune from the law. On the other, using the law's enforcers to harass the opposition raises eyebrows and certainly could be seen as tyrannical in the right situation.

It depends on the specifics and is highly subjective. I guarantee you that Democrats would see such an act against Hillary as tyrannical considering the statement by the FBI. And I guarantee you that Republicans would see it as just and appropriate considering the scale of her transgressions.

Comment

What he said in the second debate was that he would appoint a special prosecutor to go after her. He also interrupted her at one point and said "...you'd be in jail" if he won.

Of course, since he's not actually allowed to do appoint a special prosecutor, he would have to demand that his attorney general go after her. Nixon was the last president to attempt to abuse his power so overtly.

If you did something wrong... and she did.

You don't have/need to be a tyrant to plead for a special prosecutor.

She for sure deserves one to look into her actions. Of course there will not be after the current administration made such an effort to cover-up for her.
              And still are.
              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

I find that Mrs Clinton won the debate. Trump came off as to much of a whiny brat IMO. Trump was interrupting Clinton to much, maybe one or two interruptions would have worked but after about the 5th or 6th interruption Trump started to look foolish.

Trump did have one highlight..which was suggesting Russia and the US should work together to fight ISIL. Clintons lowlight was suggesting a warcrime charge agaisnt Syria and Russia.
                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  They might not be able to vote but the opinions on how our future foreign relations might go it shows some interesting results.

Of those country s polled ONLY 1 prefer Moscow Don.

International opinion polling for the United States presidential election, 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...election,_2016
                  Wow, an international poll. What a tremendous and worthwhile idea that is. 22 % of Afgan folks support Trump and 18% of the Palestinians support Trump...amazing.

Interesting to see that of the countries polled that only Russia voted in favor of Trump. Though only 33% of Russians supported Trump. Its also interesting to see how far Germany has come since the days of the Third Reich. Germany is today one of the most hospitable countries in the world and its no wonder Germans would support Clinton.
                  Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                  Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    I think the problem is that it becomes an ethical grey area. On the one hand, just because you're in the opposition doesn't make you immune from the law. On the other, using the law's enforcers to harass the opposition raises eyebrows and certainly could be seen as tyrannical in the right situation.

It depends on the specifics and is highly subjective. I guarantee you that Democrats would see such an act against Hillary as tyrannical considering the statement by the FBI. And I guarantee you that Republicans would see it as just and appropriate considering the scale of her transgressions.

Using the law's enforcers to harass the opposition is bad, like when the IRS targeted conservative groups and continues to do so.
                    But appointing a special prosecutor is not proof of tyranny nor would the filing of charges if the SP felt they were justified.
                    Given the actions of the DOJ and the FBI I think a special prosecutor is the right idea if they wish to pursue Hillary.
                    It is still entirely legal to bring charges against her too.

I see a SP as appropriate entirely based on what Comey said, not because of my political beliefs.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Another week like the one we are currently in and the SP talk is all academic.
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                        Another week like the one we are currently in and the SP talk is all academic.

While I think you are right, Hillary seems to be pretty good at screwing things up too.

The race wouldn't be close if the dems were running someone other than Hillary.

Comment

Just curious, how is enforcing the law and setting that law breakers are punished the act of a tyrant?
                          "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                            While I think you are right, Hillary seems to be pretty good at screwing things up too.

The race wouldn't be close if the dems were running someone other than Hillary.
                            Switch then both out and GOP would be in charge. It was a GOP year, and they blew it.

We almost beyond that point now.
                            “To talk of many things:
                            Of cabbages—and kings—
                            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                              The revolution and race war prophets have as proven a track record as the rapture folk.
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

[QUOTE=armor11;3274168]What he said in the second debate was that he would appoint a special prosecutor to go after her. He also interrupted her at one point and said "...you'd be in jail" if he won.

No, the words of a fool.

IF he doesn't win he is going to be in very deep shhit for at least the next four year.

Does he think threatening the Clintons was a good move when all he had backing him up is his mouth?
                                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X