“The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

And Obama couldn't put pressure on her to appoint one?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
      "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
        And Obama couldn't put pressure on her to appoint one?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
        The point of the law giving the power to the AG is that the President should NOT pressure the AG at all on the point. Which is way Trump saying he will 'instruct' the AG to do so is a dangerous idea.
        “To talk of many things:
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

I'm sorry - but a president ordering the arrest of his opponent after winning the election is the sign of a banana republic.
          Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
            I'm sorry - but a president ordering the arrest of his opponent after the election is the sign of a banana republic.
            In this case it's just an example of Trump going full 'Breitbart'. He's abandoning any semblance of a campaign that can win and is just holding rallies to inflate his ego and charge up the ugly part of the GOP base.

Monday in Penn at his rally in instructed his crowd to yell abuse at the reporters that were at the event. They are in a concentrated press area that they can't leave. The crowd yelled and screamed at them for about two minutes as he encouraged them.

The man and his campaign is imploding.
            “To talk of many things:
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

The crowd yelled and screamed at them for about two minutes as he encouraged them.
              He should move his circus act to Congo.

Comment

I'm sorry - but a president ordering the arrest of his opponent after winning the election is the sign of a banana republic.
                And someone did post that they didn't want to elect another Chavez, Castro or Mugabe - but hang on that post was from a die hard Trumpist - musht be shome mishtake
                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

The problem is; Trump never said that. CE has implied that he said it but facts are ...he didn't say that.

Notice I have asked CE to post a link to where he said that, instead CE just continues his anti Trump rant.

There is more than enough dirt on Trump, there is no need to make stuff up as CE is doing.
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                    What do Special Prosecutors do?
                    Again CE, where did he say that he would investigate and put her in jail....

It was your claim, back it up.
                    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                      Again CE, where did he say that he would investigate and put her in jail....

It was your claim, back it up.
                      Already have.

What do special prosecutors do. Answer the question.
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

The problem is; Trump never said that. CE has implied that he said it but facts are ...he didn't say that.

Notice I have asked CE to post a link to where he said that, instead CE just continues his anti Trump rant.

There is more than enough dirt on Trump, there is no need to make stuff up as CE is doing.
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Fair enough - I'm just going by what I read here.

Is there a transcript from the last debate somewhere, that should settle it ?

EDIT,

Trump: .....I'm going to and I hate to say it. But if I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation. Because there has never been so many lies, so much deception. There has never been anything like it. And we’re gonna have a special prosecutor.
                          I see, and the question then becomes, can a US president order a US attorney general around ...

not well placed to judge on that, I'm off, thanks for another interesting afternoon y'all
                          Last edited by Snowygerry; 11 Oct 16, 10:11.

Comment

Fair enough - I'm just going by what I read here.

Is there a transcript from the last debate somewhere ?
                            Yes I linked to it when I answered his question. Go back a page or two where I give the exact quotes and a link to the transcript. He doesn't want you to read that.
                            “To talk of many things:
                            Of cabbages—and kings—
                            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

What he said in the second debate was that he would appoint a special prosecutor to go after her. He also interrupted her at one point and said "...you'd be in jail" if he won.

Those are the words of a tyrant.

Of course, since he's not actually allowed to do appoint a special prosecutor, he would have to demand that his attorney general go after her. Nixon was the last president to attempt to abuse his power so overtly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre
                              "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
                              -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

Yes I linked to it when I answered his question. Go back a page or two where I give the exact quotes and a link to the transcript. He doesn't want you to read that.
                                What your link showed was that he didn't say this:

Which candidate stated that they plan to investigate and jail his or her opponent last night in the debate???
                                However, your link did confirm what I have been saying; if he was in charge of the law (present tense) she would be in jail.

If he were elected he would have her investigated (future tense).

Try again CE....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X