Who won tonight's debate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    Which candidate stated that they plan to investigate and jail his or her opponent last night in the debate???
    Neither one of them stated that.

How about providing a link where one of the opponents stated that they would investigate and jail their opponent?
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      Neither one of them stated that.

How about providing a link where one of the opponents stated that they would investigate and jail their opponent?
      Trump continues state he will instruct his Attorney General to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton, an instruction that is a direct violation the relationship a President is supposed to have with his or her's AG.

He clearly stated that Mrs Clinton would be in jail in the last debate.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...nscript-229519

Trump: .....I'm going to and I hate to say it. But if I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation. Because there has never been so many lies, so much deception. There has never been anything like it. And we’re gonna have a special prosecutor.
      Just what do Special Prosecutors do?

Clinton: ......it's just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law in our country.
      Trump: ....Because you would be in jail.
      Pretty clear to me.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation
        Could he do that ?

Over here it would be considered a giant breach of the Trias Politica - separation of powers.
        Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

And everyone knows it was a sarcastic remark meant for laughs...and nearly brought the house down. If elected, he probably won't do a thing to Hillary. Losing the election would be punishment enough.
          {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
            And everyone knows it was a sarcastic remark meant for laughs...and nearly brought the house down. If elected, he probably won't do a thing to Hillary. Losing the election would be punishment enough.
            You might make that case for the second remark, not the first. He continues on the campaign trail ever sense making that statement.
            “To talk of many things:
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
              Could he do that ?

Over here it would be considered a giant breach of the Trias Politica - separation of powers.
              Not a part of the separation of powers at all. The US Attorney General is part of the Executive Dept. His or Her boss is the President. What it would be is a break from most of are entire political practice.
              “To talk of many things:
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                So that would be the first election promise he broke then? I thought he was not a 'regular' politician.
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Not a part of the separation of powers at all. The US Attorney General is part of the Executive Dept. His or Her boss is the President. What it would be is a break from most of are entire political practice.
                  We had one PM here who once announced the arrest of a suspect before the fact in the national assembly.

He never held a national office again.

He'll be back shortly though, we banished him to the EU to take care of the Brits

http://www.politico.eu/article/two-b...k-into-brexit/
                  Last edited by Snowygerry; 11 Oct 16, 08:55.
                  Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Trump continues state he will instruct his Attorney General to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton, an instruction that is a direct violation the relationship a President is supposed to have with his or her's AG.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...nscript-229519

Just what do Special Prosecutors do?

Pretty clear to me.
                    Of course it is clear to you, you have had the Clinton blinders on for a long time. Again, here is what you posted:

Which candidate stated that they plan to investigate and jail his or her opponent last night in the debate???
                    Now you are attempting to twist what Trump said between the present and the future. If he was in charge of the law (present)....he claimed that she would be in jail.

If he were elected (future) he would appoint a special prosecutor.

No where did he say he would investigate and jail her.

There is enough trash on Trump out there, you really don't need to twist what he says into something that you 'think' he means. You don't help Clinton when you make up things, you only help Trump.
                    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Of course it is clear to you, you have had the Clinton blinders on for a long time. Again, here is what you posted:

Now you are attempting to twist what Trump said between the present and the future. If he was in charge of the law (present)....he claimed that she would be in jail.

If he were elected (future) he would appoint a special prosecutor.

No where did he say he would investigate and jail her.

There is enough trash on Trump out there, you really don't need to twist what he says into something that you 'think' he means. You don't help Clinton when you make up things, you only help Trump.
                      What do Special Prosecutors do?

I rely on Trumps own words taken for what they say. You're parsing them like a lawyer trying to sway a jury. Funny.
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

I rely on Trumps own words taken for what they say. You're parsing them like a lawyer trying to sway a jury. Funny.
                        Again, you claimed that a candidate said that they would investigate and jail the opponent.

It never happened, no matter how much you want to twist it...

No parsing needed from my point, you are the one twisting his words into something that he did not say.

Again, stick to facts, there is more than enough true dirt on him. No need for you to make stuff up and present it as facts.

Comment

Again, you claimed that a candidate said that they would investigate and jail the opponent.

It never happened, no matter how much you want to twist it...

No parsing needed from my point, you are the one twisting his words into something that he did not say.

Again, stick to facts, there is more than enough true dirt on him. No need for you to make stuff up and present it as facts.
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

I think that Obama should have long ago appointed a special prosecutor for the whole email mess. Hillary should have welcomed an investigation. You know, like Nixon, "the American people deserve to know if their President is a crook, I'm not a crook." Turns out he was, but that is a different story. If they would have done this 2 years ago instead of obstructing any attempt to investigate, this whole mess would be over by now. Just my opinion, but a special prosecutor is the only way to get to the bottom of the mess. If you can trust the one selected.....

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
                            "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
                              I think that Obama should have long ago appointed a special prosecutor for the whole email mess. Hillary should have welcomed an investigation. You know, like Nixon, "the American people deserve to know if their President is a crook, I'm not a crook." Turns out he was, but that is a different story. If they would have done this 2 years ago instead of obstructing any attempt to investigate, this whole mess would be over by now. Just my opinion, but a special prosecutor is the only way to get to the bottom of the mess. If you can trust the one selected.....

Presidents don't appoint special prosecutors.
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Then who does?

"A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X