Who won tonight's debate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who won tonight's debate?

Like it says - if you watched the debate or just the highlights later, who do you think came out on top?

And no, there is no room for a neither / other response. You've gotta make a choice, find that 0.0001% reason to favor one over the other. Yes, I'm evil like that.

Clinton
    44.00%
    Trump
    56.00%

Trump only because Hillary put on the exact same performance as the first one. She seemed scripted and giving pat, rehearsed answers. There were several times she got mildly flustered over something too.

Trump improved a bit. He seemed better prepared and didn't go off into left field as much.

On the whole, I really think it was pretty much a wash, but I think Hillary really didn't add anything to her campaign while Trump did manage to add at least a bit to his.

Comment

Outside of Trump calling out Muslims to police their selves I think he performed well tonight.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Trump only because Hillary put on the exact same performance as the first one. She seemed scripted and giving pat, rehearsed answers. There were several times she got mildly flustered over something too.

Trump improved a bit. He seemed better prepared and didn't go off into left field as much.

On the whole, I really think it was pretty much a wash, but I think Hillary really didn't add anything to her campaign while Trump did manage to add at least a bit to his.
        I too think Trump was doing much better than before, but Hillary also upped her game somewhat by having some better (and actual answers). However, she also allowed him to get under her skin and, while he interrupted less, she interrupted more (relatively speaking).

So relative to the first debate I'd say he won.

However, overall I'm much less sure. I think he did better, but I'm unsure if I would call it for Trump considering he still managed some off-tangent answers, had to get reined in multiple times (then got angry at the moderators), and still couldn't keep his mouth shut the whole time when she was speaking.

In the end I think I might be persuaded to give it to Trump due to a few zingers he had that Clinton lacked, but I'm not sure if his few excellent moments outweigh the other, negative ones.

And again, I think that part of the issue is that he needs to win and can't afford status quo, sorta-kinda victories / ties. He's the underdog. She is fine with the status quo. In that sense, I feel like he lost.

Maybe it would be better to summarize Trump as winning an engagement but losing the battle.

Comment

A CNN poll gives it to Hillary by a 57-35 margin...but 58% of those polled were Hillary supporters before the debate. No skewed polls eh?
          {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Bur aren't they all ?

I asked in the other thread but received no reply,

has even one US American member here on the ACG changed his mind on who to vote for on account of the debates ?

If not you - why would anybody else ?

Looking at the poll results here the same members consistently vote for Trump - others for Clinton, nothing changes, they can debate each other till Christmas.
            Last edited by Snowygerry; 10 Oct 16, 08:08.
            Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
              Bur aren't they all ?

I asked in the other thread but received no reply,

has even one US American member here on the ACG changed his mind on who to vote for on account of the debates ?

If not you - why would anybody else ?
              I am 66 years old. I have seen quite a few presidential elections.I thought the choices last election were the bottom of the barrel..........Boy was I wrong.Between Trump and Hillary........I am at a loss to pick one........at first I leaned to Trump........but he continues to shot himself in the foot......
              I may write myself in.......

Comment

Draw, Trump improved, but with his attacks on Mrs Clinton he did nothing but shore up his base, he will have not improved his numbers at all. Did not help him with undecideds in the middle, might have hurt him.
                “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                “To talk of many things:
                Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                And why the sea is boiling hot—
                And whether pigs have wings.”
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                  (...)
                  All vote for yourself - that's the traditional Belgian way

Of course you'll end up with 6 parliaments and as many governments, but that's all in all a small price to pay.
                  Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                    I am 66 years old. I have seen quite a few presidential elections.I thought the choices last election were the bottom of the barrel..........Boy was I wrong.Between Trump and Hillary........I am at a loss to pick one........at first I leaned to Trump........but he continues to shot himself in the foot......
                    Leave that race blank. No need to fill in or pick a candidate for every race. Writing in a random name does nothing but waste you time doing so. They are simply thrown out as you are not a registered candidate for that office.

I'm leaning more and more to that option, if I'm sure the libertarians will get enough votes in Missouri to qualify to get on the ballot automatically in the next Presidential Election I know I'll simply leave it blank.
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

in truth i thought it was a tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                        Draw, Trump improved, but with his attacks on Mrs Clinton he did nothing but shore up his base, he will have not improved his numbers at all. Did not help him with undecideds in the middle, might have hurt him.
                        I noticed in the real-time reaction to the debate that independents/undecideds were giving Trump high marks. Both Republicans and independents liked that Trump "because you'd be in jail" remark to Clinton.
                        {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                          I noticed in the real-time reaction to the debate that independents/undecideds were giving Trump high marks. Both Republicans and independents liked that Trump "because you'd be in jail" remark to Clinton.
                          Most independents are not moderate voters, they lean heavily to conservative. Remember independent simply means not affiliated with a certain party, it has nothing to do with ones leanings right or left. The proper group to look for is moderates or voters that are willing to vote for either candidate in any given election.

http://republic3-0.com/myth-independ...stefan-hankin/
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

I couldn't vote, I can't bring myself to watch these debates, because they remind me of the poor choices we have this time around and it saddens me.
                            Thank God for Sunday Night Football!
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                              Shows just how dumb he is and that his supporters cannot be much smarter.

Threatening Clinton with jail, IF, IF he wins, was as about a stupid of a comment that he could make. What if he doesn't win. Are the Clintons going to forget that comment. NO! Trump better get is finance in order because they are going to be looked at deeply and often among other things. Within 4 years of Clinton he'll be flying economy and not his TRUMP jets.
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X