How Could Pence Replace Trump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Could Pence Replace Trump?

There's been some talk amongst the GOP of a last-minute switch, replacing Trump with Pence on the ticket.

Now, this isn't a debate about whether or not such a switch is a good political strategy, I'm more interested in how such an accomplishment could ever be pulled off from a technical standpoint. Simply put, is it even possible to change a ballot this late, in de facto or de jure terms?

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    There's been some talk amongst the GOP of a last-minute switch, replacing Trump with Pence on the ticket.

Now, this isn't a debate about whether or not such a switch is a good political strategy, I'm more interested in how such an accomplishment could ever be pulled off from a technical standpoint. Simply put, is it even possible to change a ballot this late, in de facto or de jure terms?
    Some info from the BBC on this subject, might be of some use.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37040360

Comment

Only way would be for aTrump to drop out and then the Republican National Committee picked Gov Pence. Some speculation has the RNC removing Trump, however a reading of the rules show all they can do is replace a vacancy. Another note, they could pick ANYONE they want. No reason to pick Gov Pence.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Question should be... how can we replace the murdering Hillary.
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

From what I understand it is too late to change the ballots in most states.

Some states have already started early voting.

It is a mess.

On a somewhat related note what if either the democrat or republican candidate where to die or have a major health crisis such as a debilitating heart attack or stroke? I know it is a somewhat morbid topic, but both Clinton and Trump are pushing 70 and neither is the picture of health.
          "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
          Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
            Question should be... how can we replace the murdering Hillary.
            The desperation is strong in this one, yes it is.
            “To talk of many things:
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
              From what I understand it is too late to change the ballots in most states.

Some states have already started early voting.

It is a mess.

On a somewhat related note what if either the democrat or republican candidate where to die or have a major health crisis such as a debilitating heart attack or stroke? I know it is a somewhat morbid topic, but both Clinton and Trump are pushing 70 and neither is the picture of health.
              At least Trump doesn't need a walker, a step van, and a double, all costing the tax payers hundreds of thousands of dollars.
              My worst jump story:
              No lie.

~
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                The desperation is strong in this one, yes it is.
                Someone has to speak for the dead. Democrat much?

Image in violation of Armchair General Forums standards deleted by ACG Staff.

ACG Staff
                Last edited by Salinator; 09 Oct 16, 21:22.
                My worst jump story:
                No lie.

~
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

[QUOTE=101combatvet;3273525]Someone has to speak for the dead. Democrat much?]

Still smell it. Even stronger, desperation and with this post pure fear.

Quoted image deleted by ACG Staff.
                  Last edited by Salinator; 09 Oct 16, 21:30.
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

But you know it will become a debate about whether to replace Trump.

I for one would be all for replacing Trump, on two levels .

1.) This is coming from someone who has voted for the Republican in the last nine presidential elections (since 1980)

I have never liked Trump. I didn't vote for him in the primaries , I think any of the other republicans running against him were better humans and would be a better president. I was concerned that Trump would be unable to defeat Clinton.

Mrs. Clinton has a line of attack that Mr. Trump is unqualified to be president because of various issues. Sadly many of her attacks are true. Just as sadly with most of the issues she brings up there are related things she is guilty of.

The American people deserve better than these two choices.

2.) If Governor Pence could replace Mr. Trump it would be a great tactical move . Both Clinton and Trump have unprecedented negative ratings. I think Pence would defeat Clinton. His initial reception would be who is he. He speaks well and looks presidential. I'm sure as we speak the democrats are working overtime on researching Pence on the odd chance he replaces Trump.
                    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Speaking of this, I would like to see a list of "Republicans" that are trying to sabotage Trump and get Hillary elected instead.

I want to remember all these self-I.D.ed RINOs.

Comment

[QUOTE=17thfabn;3273550
                        The American people deserve better than these two choices.
                        [/QUOTE]

It was the American people who gave us these choices.

Washington is a mirror of the nation. We hoi polois simply never wish to admit that.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                          It was the American people who gave us these choices.

Washington is a mirror of the nation. We hoi polois simply never wish to admit that.

Tuebor
                          That is why it is the American people, not Congress or Obama or any elected official, who is to blame for any of the nation's problems.

Comment

[QUOTE=Combat Engineer;3273526]
                            Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                            Someone has to speak for the dead. Democrat much?]

Still smell it. Even stronger, desperation and with this post pure fear.

Quoted image deleted by ACG Staff.
                            Yeah, I'm shakin' in my boots, tough guy.
                            My worst jump story:
                            No lie.

~
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

That is why it is the American people, not Congress or Obama or any elected official, who is to blame for any of the nation's problems.
                              Delusional when it comes to their voting record, they just don't get it.
                              My worst jump story:
                              No lie.

~
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X