Okay I want to know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay I want to know.

Just how many people have looked into doing a start up?

I've got several ideas that could make you a independent wealthy person.

Is it that you lack the resources? The SBA can help you out.

How about a scratch proof CD? A layer of glass is the solution...

Ammo that cleans the bore as you fire it? Got that.

Jesus people, don't you ever dream and find a new mouse trap? Why be trapped in a boring wage slave job?
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

Except thin optical glass is grotesquely expensive... A cheap thin film CD would be a better option.

How's that work?

Jesus people, don't you ever dream and find a new mouse trap? Why be trapped in a boring wage slave job?
    Sure. How many people / companies want a relatively inexpensive furnace that will go to 2200 C? I can do that.

Comment

Don't even bother to try until Trump gets in.

Between all the regulations and nonsense red-tape and all the Cronies that make it impossible to challenge the larger Corps, you don't stand a chance.
      Best to wait and see how the election goes.

Comment

About the self cleaning round. I call it Brians bore blaster. It's not rocket science, its simply a round that has wadding and a brass screen with some hoppie's cleaner in it.

The secret is how to dampen it first. Come on, think about it. Betcha you fail on the first try... Think. Then make it work. You could be the next billionaire.
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

About the self cleaning round. I call it Brians bore blaster. It's not rocket science, its simply a round that has wadding and a brass screen with some hoppie's cleaner in it.

The secret is how to dampen it first. Come on, think about it. Betcha you fail on the first try... Think. Then make it work. You could be the next billionaire.
          Using a wad or paper patch doesn't help with black powder. I know that from experience. Worse, if you buy the commercial wads they tend to stick to the bullet and throw the trajectory off.
          I see the same problem here. You have this little screen that is of odd shape and the bullet flies erratically.

Comment

Think it out. I wonder about people sometimes. You could make it if you just tried.

Arrange a capsule in front of some wadding and brass screens, pierce it with a rod when fired. Think of a T with the bottom being the actuator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJC5...=RDPzHr_cTXr88
            Last edited by Bwaha; 08 Oct 16, 19:28.
            Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

I had a small business for 15 years in Cali. Excize taxes destroyed me. Retail is very difficult here unless you can also provide a service. Service jobs where you can charge for your labor or create a product is where you can survive and prosper.

Comment

I did general and electrical contracting as a sideline. Never enough money to make it worth my time as a full time occupation. I did learn that women customers are insane, crazy, idiots who don't know their @$$ from their elbow but expect you to accommodate their every whim. That's one reason I didn't want to do it "full time." I didn't want to end up on Judge Judy every other week because some woman wasn't satisfied with my work and I'd have to hammer her into to a puddle of hamburger in front of a judge for being an insane, lying, petty, bickering, b....h.

Comment

There has been a whole succession of better mouse traps (and indeed a whole history of this has been written) none made any money.
                  Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                  Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Who uses CDs anymore?
                    Wisdom is personal

Comment

If you build a better mousetrap, the world will beat a path to your door.

We’ve all heard that saying before. It’s become quite a popular maxim. It’s a catchy line, and it offers some hope to those who are working on seemingly great ideas. But it also turns out to be really bad advice.

Consider the actual mousetrap. The U.S. Patent Office has issued over forty-four hundred patents for better versions of the mousetrap; of those, only about twenty designs have ever been developed into a commercially viable product. The most successful design, by far, is the spring trap we all envision in our heads. This version was designed in 1899. Despite the roughly four hundred additional mousetrap designs submitted for a new patent every year, no design has yet surpassed the spring trap. Behind all these issued designs is a simple truth: even if you can build a better mousetrap, there is still a lot of work involved in selling the world on your new design.
                      https://www.fastcompany.com/3017123/...tter-mousetrap

http://timkastelle.org/blog/2012/08/...on-quote-ever/
                      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

Self-cleaning ammo won't work. The fouling from the shot would just dirty the barrel again. Besides, one of the biggest problems is copper fouling, and that wouldn't be removed by that process. It takes chemical cleaning with ammonia.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                          Self-cleaning ammo won't work. The fouling from the shot would just dirty the barrel again. Besides, one of the biggest problems is copper fouling, and that wouldn't be removed by that process. It takes chemical cleaning with ammonia.
                          And in any case there have already been a number of patents for this dating back as far as 1903

https://www.google.com/patents/US5233128

Comment

So why aren't you super rich?
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              So why aren't you super rich?
                              Back in the 50s we had a guy called Horace Bachelor who had an idea that made him rich. He sold a method (system) for winning the football pools and advertised it on commercial radio. He sold millions and every week users of his system won something on the pools (and of course so did people not using his system and even more using it or not won nothing). No one ever seemed to think "if its so sure why are you selling it, why are you not just sitting at home and every week wining large amounts of moolah"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X