Coach Fired for Punishing Bully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Fired for Punishing Bully

Football players will run suicides for missing a tackle but running a few laps for bullying is completely out of the question. I am guessing this bully was one of their best players or their father was on the board.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mate/#comments
    Last edited by Checkertail20; 07 Oct 16, 13:52. Reason: Posted something incorrect in my post.
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
    What an educational system we have in this country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mate/#comments
    This has nothing to do with education. Private Football league ran by local sports association. We have them all over. From your link:

The next day, though, Kennedy was suspended. The following Monday, he was fired when the board of the football association unanimously voted that he couldn’t volunteer as the team’s coach.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Disband the team, since sportsmanlike conduct is clearly not one of their objectives.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I am so sick of the 'bullying' issue.

No other group gets along in the world, to include marriages, but for some reason we have decided that for twelve years a slice of the population must exist in close proximity without friction despite the only common denominator being age.

Aside from a failure to prepare them for the work place, it is completely illogical.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          I am so sick of the 'bullying' issue.

No other group gets along in the world, to include marriages, but for some reason we have decided that for twelve years a slice of the population must exist in close proximity without friction despite the only common denominator being age.

Aside from a failure to prepare them for the work place, it is completely illogical.
          It's the Pendulum Theory again - where previously it was just "boys being boys" to pick on and abuse others (regardless of what happened to them), now we've swung far enough to where we jump at shadows, afraid that our children will experience adversity for even a moment.

Though to be fair, you'll be hard pressed to find a parent who believes that their child should be regularly bullied by others.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
            It's the Pendulum Theory again - where previously it was just "boys being boys" to pick on and abuse others (regardless of what happened to them), now we've swung far enough to where we jump at shadows, afraid that our children will experience adversity for even a moment.

Though to be fair, you'll be hard pressed to find a parent who believes that their child should be regularly bullied by others.
            Why is that phrase 'boys will be boys' trotted out when there are a disproportionate number of girls killing themselves over social media issues?

The whole thing is stupid. It teaches victimization.
            Last edited by Arnold J Rimmer; 10 Oct 16, 12:56.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

This is what they should make a weaker version of pepper spray for...

Comment

Why is that phrase 'boys will be boys' trotted out when there are a disproportionate number of girls killing themselves over social media issues?

The whole thing is stupid. It teaches victimization.
                Because 'boys will be boys' was the past excuse for bullying and fighting, while girls killing themselves over social media wasn't a huge concern in the past. Though I guess those sock-hops could be pretty vicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                  Because 'boys will be boys' was the past excuse for bullying and fighting, while girls killing themselves over social media wasn't a huge concern in the past. Though I guess those sock-hops could be pretty vicious.
                  Once again, your assumptions about the past are pretty far off base.

Comment

Once again, your assumptions about the past are pretty far off base.
                    Oh, you've got some data on social media-influenced suicide rates from the 1960s? I'm all ears.

Comment

A bully would be easy to take care of at football practice

Look up 'Bull in the Ring' and other punish-filled football drills.

When I was twelve a guy got his arm broken in the 'ring'.
                      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                        A bully would be easy to take care of at football practice

Look up 'Bull in the Ring' and other punish-filled football drills.

When I was twelve a guy got his arm broken in the 'ring'.
                        I was in wrestling back in school. We used to just get punished because someone else on the team messed up.

Comment

Punishment for us football players would have just been trying to make it thru one wrestling practice.

Running laps in plastic suits , not eating. Jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                            Punishment for us football players would have just been trying to make it thru one wrestling practice.

Running laps in plastic suits , not eating. Jeez.
                            Naw, the rubber suits were ditched a while back - though my dad did have horror stories.

But I did have to complete a workout on one foot once due to an ankle injury, so it wasn't all sunshine and butterflies.

Comment

'a while back' ???

I am about 52 ya know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X