Who won the debate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    Doug's kind of baldish, like me & Dick Cheney.
    Can't trust balding men. They're obviously GOP biased. We need a truly unbiased hair style if we are to trust their data: the bouffant.

Bulbous bouffant...

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
      It's odd that the candidate who makes much of his success in the commercial world is unable to produce his tax records when called upon.
      To try to deflect the charge by referring to Clinton's missing Emails only emphasised the poverty of both sides' records.

An interesting debate ,nevertheless.
      If the focal point of the debate was Trump's tax returns, Her Hagness and the MSM lost badly.
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

The debate was pretty pointless. Didn't find out anything new or revealing about either candidate and their policies. They barely touched on actual policies to begin with, instead it was the same mud flinging over e-mails and birther bs. Personally I'm over both, they're both beating a dead horse and need to move on.

The debate was also filled with "You said this" followed by "no I didn't". No substantial argument for anything on either side.

A complete joke imho, neither won me over. If I have to pick who won, it was Hillary. Trump needs to sell himself as a qualified candidate and failed to do so. His personal attacks were fine I guess, but that doesn't say anything about his ability to be President. Further, his response to race issues validates the fact that he will worsen race relations in this country and increase tensions. It also seemed like he was bragging about potentially not paying his taxes and taking advantage of other's misfortune.
        Last edited by TactiKill J.; 27 Sep 16, 01:39.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

If the focal point of the debate was Trump's tax returns, Her Hagness and the MSM lost badly.
          Really? Considering how much dirt there is on her, that she could put Trump on the defensive and leave him to ramble on about his taxes and clubs he owned and whether he prefers potatoes or stuffing seems like a victory in my book.

Boxing isn't just about hitting the other guy but avoiding being hit yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
            Can't trust balding men. They're obviously GOP biased. We need a truly unbiased hair style if we are to trust their data: the bouffant.

Bulbous bouffant...
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Oh he said he would - as part of an exchange with Hillary and her emails.
              That's the point I was making : where's the connection ? Apart from showing that neither candidate is squeaky clean ?
              Trump trades on his financial expertise and real world street smarts. It's his main selling point:-not being just another "Political Hack". So it seems that the implication of a failing in this area is far more serious to his cause than Clinton's apparent carelessness is to her's.
              "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
              Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Really? Considering how much dirt there is on her, that she could put Trump on the defensive and leave him to ramble on about his taxes and clubs he owned and whether he prefers potatoes or stuffing seems like a victory in my book.

Boxing isn't just about hitting the other guy but avoiding being hit yourself.
                Rope-a-dope works every time.

Comment

Not a fan of Dr. Demento or the Vestibules, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                    That's the point I was making : where's the connection ? Apart from showing that neither candidate is squeaky clean ?
                    Trump trades on his financial expertise and real world street smarts. It's his main selling point:-not being just another "Political Hack". So it seems that the implication of a failing in this area is far more serious to his cause than Clinton's apparent carelessness.
                    Trump's personal tax returns are irrelevant to the success of his corporations.

Her Hagness' ineptness with classified emails is integral to her record as a public official.

Comment

Rope-a-dope works every time.
                      Which is part of what goes in Hillarys column: she was able to jab and jab, on both the valid and the pointless, while avoiding Trump's return volleys. For a good portion of the debate she just pulled back, protected her face, and let Trump hammer away at everything.

To continue this painfully stretched metaphor, Trump went into the ring with 50 pounds on her - even a strict "draw" is in Hillary's favor.

Comment

Not a fan of Dr. Demento or the Vestibules, I see.
                        I was a Dr. Demento fan before you were born. I had this on a 45...

Comment

Trump's personal tax returns are irrelevant to the success of his corporations.

Her Hagness' ineptness with classified emails is integral to her record as a public official.
                          To play Devil's advocate (and considering these two candidates I think Satan would probably be a good write-in candidate), her calls for him to release his taxes seems pretty legit a concern.

Indeed, it would be highly hypocritical of a man who pestered Obama for his birth certificate to then negotiate about the release of his own relevant personal data, even if (like Obama's birth cirtificate) it is entirely unimportant and irrelevant.

I mean we have to remember that according to Trump tonight, he was pretty much single handedly responsible for the idiocy that was the birther movement.

Comment

[...]

To continue this painfully stretched metaphor, Trump went into the ring with 50 pounds on her - even a strict "draw" is in Hillary's favor.
                            This is bassackwards.

Comment

I was a Dr. Demento fan before you were born. I had this on a 45...

I was going to make an age crack about you and your familiarity with such hairstyles, but like Trump I decided it was a bit mean and decided against it.

On a side note, ever here the follow up to the Monster Mash?

Comment

This is bassackwards.
                                What, you think Trump had more to lose in this debate and it was Hillary who could afford the status quo? Gee whiz, what sort of dirt do you know about Trump that Hillary didn't use in this debate? Because considering all the slime sticking to her, I shudder to imagine how dirty Trump would have to be to be the one at risk.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X