X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    How Trump won over a bar full of undecideds and Democrats

By Salena Zito September 26, 2016

YOUNGSTOWN, Pa. — Ken Reed sat down at the main bar of the Tin Lizzy tavern with two things in mind: to dig into the tavern’s oversize cheese steak, and watch the presidential debate.

“I am hungry and undecided, in that order,” he said, digging into the savory dish in a bar that dates back to 1746.

[...]

Reed, 35, is a registered Democrat and small businessman. “By the end of the debate, Clinton never said a thing to persuade me that she had anything to offer me or my family or my community,” he said, sitting at the same bar that has boasted local icons as regulars, such as the late Fred Rogers, and Arnold Palmer, who had his own stash of PM Whiskey hidden behind newer bottles of whiskey for his regular visits.

“Have to say Trump had the edge this evening, he came out swinging but also talked about specifics on jobs and the economy,” Reed said.

Reed said Clinton came across as either smug or as though she was reading her résumé, adding there was nothing on her résumé that touched on his life. “I am a small businessman, a farmer, come from a long line of farmers and coal miners. The policies she talked about tonight ultimately either hurt me or ignore me,” he said.

[...]

http://nypost.com/2016/09/26/the-bes...nside-the-bar/

THIS ^ kind of feedback matters more to me than polls.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• We all loose....

Comment

• Originally posted by Persephone View Post
        THIS ^ kind of feedback matters more to me than polls.
        It should matter hell of a lot more than CNN's pre-selected sample of 500.

I'm glad I skipped the TV and listened on the radio, the clips show Hillary "composed", but that smug grin makes her look more like a pleasantly numb psycho.

Lets see.... 9 neutral questions, 4 that were accusingly pointed straight at Trump ... and none like that at Hillary.
        Yeah, like I said, no surprises.
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          It should matter hell of a lot more than CNN's pre-selected sample of 500.

I'm glad I skipped the TV and listened on the radio, the clips show Hillary "composed", but that smug grin makes her look more like a pleasantly numb psycho.

Lets see.... 9 neutral questions, 4 that were accusingly pointed straight at Trump ... and none like that at Hillary.
          Yeah, like I said, no surprises.
          Bad questions and do NOT forget the RIGGED mic!!!!!! I mean come on.
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            Bad questions and do NOT forget the RIGGED mic!!!!!! I mean come on.
            Its well known that journalists are stilted well to the left, and that they give harder times to Republicans than Democrats. Trump should have known better.

That said, "winning" debates are not all that important, and facts never matter in a debate whether in a high school or presidential. Its all about presentation. One of the reasons I do not like debates and generally do not watch them.

T.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
              Its well known that journalists are stilted well to the left, and that they give harder times to Republicans than Democrats. .
              Bullshit.
              John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

• Wow, thought the results would be much different here. I felt Clinton won on issues and by the plain fact that I don't believe a businessman with no Washington experience is a better candidate for president than a former senator and Sec of State.
                Major Trump disasters (if you have any moral fiber) were:

-His evasion of the birther issue. Clearly he is a racist and unable to say he was wrong to continue to pursue the issue long after the BC had been offered. More importantly, why was it an issue in the first place?
                -His admission of the federal discrimination lawsuit. "Yeah, a lot of people were sued." Well a lot of people are racists, that doesn't mean we have to elect one as president.
                -His lying about supporting the invasion of Iraq...and the way he denied it. Trump, going nuts in front of the world is a bad idea.
                -His inability to control himself, not be the bully, and limit the rantings looks ridiculous.
                -His closing remarks about not discussing HRC's family were insane. He's going to discuss Bill Clinton's infidelity which has no bearing on HRC's ability to be president while he himself has been unfaithful, which does have a bearing on his ability to be president. He can't be trusted. This is the key to his insanity as he expects to be applauded for not discussing her family while she wasn't "nice." Try not to cry Donnie and while you're at it remember the Republican debates, remember all the people you've maligned, mocked, verbally insulted or attacked. Nice! You don't know the meaning of the word and certainly don't deserve nice.
                John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

• Michael Moore said that Trump won the debate .

Comment

• Originally posted by JBark View Post
                    Bullshit.
                    Ho nooo....
                    I believed we were in 2016 , not in 1951 ...
                    Commie journalists are the real plague in the modern world
                    That rug really tied the room together

Comment

• Originally posted by JBark View Post
                      Wow, thought the results would be much different here. I felt Clinton won on issues and by the plain fact that I don't believe a businessman with no Washington experience is a better candidate for president than a former senator and Sec of State.
                      Hillary's public service record is one of failures, scandals, and inaction. How does that equate to experience I should consider valuable?
                      What exactly did she accomplish as Secretary of State? What as a Senator? Even her First Lady version of Obamacare was an unmitigated disaster.

Major Trump disasters (if you have any moral fiber) were:

-His evasion of the birther issue. Clearly he is a racist and unable to say he was wrong to continue to pursue the issue long after the BC had been offered. More importantly, why was it an issue in the first place?
                      He's clearly a conspiracy nutter on the issue, but racist? No. Show where his taking on this issue was on the basis of race. And, you're right, this is a complete non-issue at this point. Hillary's team is bringing it up as a Red Herring argument Trump should ignore.

-His admission of the federal discrimination lawsuit. "Yeah, a lot of people were sued." Well a lot of people are racists, that doesn't mean we have to elect one as president.
                      Here he pointed out many companies beside his were sued. It was on of those typical sue everybody and let's get a settlement. Most of the companies were dropped out of the suit as it progressed, as was Trump's. Again, a red herring argument based on innuendo.

-His lying about supporting the invasion of Iraq...and the way he denied it. Trump, going nuts in front of the world is a bad idea.
                      Lying, whatever. He has several marathons worth of distance to catch up with Hillary in this respect. Everything that comes out of her mouth is suspect at this point she's lied so often and for so long, on everything she gets involved with.

-His inability to control himself, not be the bully, and limit the rantings looks ridiculous.
                      Hillary is no better, but she is much better at concealing it from the public.

-His closing remarks about not discussing HRC's family were insane. He's going to discuss Bill Clinton's infidelity which has no bearing on HRC's ability to be president while he himself has been unfaithful, which does have a bearing on his ability to be president. He can't be trusted. This is the key to his insanity as he expects to be applauded for not discussing her family while she wasn't "nice." Try not to cry Donnie and while you're at it remember the Republican debates, remember all the people you've maligned, mocked, verbally insulted or attacked. Nice! You don't know the meaning of the word and certainly don't deserve nice.
                      Not compared to Hillary's. She flat out called him a racist repeatedly without evidence. She all but called him misgynological, and during the entirety of the debate kept up those mocking and dismissive facial expressions.

Lucky for Hillary Trump didn't go on the attack on cybersecurity. He could have buried Hillary on that topic. She didn't have a leg to stand on and it showed in her waffling and generic answers.
                      She knew he might very well bring up her e-mail server again. That scandal dooms her on cybersecurity and keeping safe the nation's secrets. She can do neither and her choice of staff shows she's too incompetent to even hire decent staff to handle it.
                      Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 28 Sep 16, 14:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                        Michael Moore said that Trump won the debate .
                        He needs to be visible after the epic fail of his recent movie.
                        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

• Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                          He needs to be visible after the epic fail of his recent movie.
                          He had a comic strip out for a bit. Actually commented on them to him and got replies...

Comment

• Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                            Hillary off camera...

"Where is the G-damn f***ing flag? I want the G-damn f***ing flag up every f***ing morning at f***ing sunrise."
                            (From the book Inside The White House by Ronald Kessler, p. 244 - Hillary to the staff at the Arkansas Governor's mansion on Labor Day, 1991.)

"You sold out, you mother f***er! You sold out!"
                            (From the book Inside by Joseph Califano, p. 213 - Hillary yelling at Democrat lawyer.)

'F**k off! It's enough that I have to see you ****-kickers every day, I'm not going to talk to you too!! Just do your G*damn job and keep your mouth shut.'
                            (From the book American Evita by Christopher Anderson, p. 90 - Hillary to her State Trooper bodyguards after one of them greeted her with "Good Morning.")

"You f***ing idiot."
                            (From the book Crossfire p. 84 - Hillary to a State Trooper who was driving her to an event.)

"If you want to remain on this detail, get your f***ing ass over here and grab those bags!"
                            (From the book The First Partner p. 259 - Hillary to a Secret Service Agent who was reluctant to carry her luggage because he wanted to keep his hands free in case of an incident.)

"Get f***ed! Get the f**k out of my way!!! Get out of my face!!!"
                            (From the book Hillary's Scheme p. 89 - Hillary's various comments to her Secret Service detail agents.)

"Stay the f**k back, stay the f**k away from me! Don't come within ten yards of me, or else! Just f**king do as I say, Okay!!!?"
                            (From the book Unlimited Access by Clinton FBI Agent in Charge, Gary Aldrige, p. 139 - Hillary screaming at her Secret Service detail.)
                            She sounds like a drill sergeant
                            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                              And his victims, some of whom still seek justice against the un-indicted rapist.
                              There is only one un-indicted rapist running this year. Two allegations of rape (one against a 13 year old) and one of sexual assault. I have a strange feeling your sudden concern for victims of alleged rape doesn't extend to people allegedly raped by Republican presidential candidates.
                              Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                                Ho nooo....
                                I believed we were in 2016 , not in 1951 ...
                                Commie journalists are the real plague in the modern world
                                Ah, you've discerned that too.
                                The Reds clearly sabotaged Mr Trump's microphone and notice the colour of Mrs Clinton's suit: no need to speculate who pulls her strings !
                                "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                                Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X