Who won the debate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
    If true, then she did it away from prying cameras. At least she knows where cameras are, and understands the difference in doing that privately and publicly. She knows better not to do it publicly.

Unfortunately it appears Trump does not, and on that basis, he should never be allowed into White House, period. Not saying we would be better off if Clinton wins, just that we need to hold presidential candidates to higher standards as they can impact America's business and foreign interests.
    Well... Trump is basically out of his element when he can't interrupt or shout over you. Hillary is always going to have an advantage in a controlled debate IMO. That doesn't mean that the public is not sick of those kind of politicians in the first place.

If the gloves would come off--- Trump could absolutely get her 'fired up' over such things as the emails, Benghazi or Bill's fondness for out of marriage transgressions. You think she can keep her composure about Bill and his women??? I doubt it. Maybe we will see next debate.
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• No one...least of all the American people.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• That is true... it is more than sad that these two are what is competing for POTUS.

If you would have asked me about them 10 years ago I would have passed out laughing.

Sad, sad, sad .

Comment

• Originally posted by dgfred View Post
          Well... Trump is basically out of his element when he can't interrupt or shout over you. Hillary is always going to have an advantage in a controlled debate IMO. That doesn't mean that the public is not sick of those kind of politicians in the first place.

If the gloves would come off--- Trump could absolutely get her 'fired up' over such things as the emails, Benghazi or Bill's fondness for out of marriage transgressions. You think she can keep her composure about Bill and his women??? I doubt it. Maybe we will see next debate.
          WJC affairs=a dead horse.

Does the subject have any true relavance to a debate? Not really, the subject is only for the two Clintons much the same why Trump has been married 3 times.

You might have been some place else but ten years ago Clinton was running for the office of President. Duh.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Nobody said anything about relevance... she is a sorry candidate and he is an even worse one.

HPJ- do you think Hillary is a good candidate? If you mentioned her I would have stilled laughed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dgfred View Post
              Nobody said anything about relevance... she is a sorry candidate and he is an even worse one.

HPJ- do you think Hillary is a good candidate? If you mentioned her I would have stilled laughed.
              Well, you may have missed the X number of time that I've voicednmy disrain for both. I refuse to vote for either. One is an out and out lier, so wich one am I talking about?

I do know that the rest of the world is doing a faceplam.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Majority of snap polls show Trump won debate by a landslide

FWIW, these are still only polls.

Perhaps most people are beginning to see that whatever CNN 'says', the opposite is true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...landslide.html

Comment

• Originally posted by rkohut View Post
                  Not really. They are self-selecting online surveys that frequently allow multiple voting. They are essentially useless as a measure of opinion. Even our resident stats nerd & virulent Clinton hater Doc doesn't put much store in them.

By comparison, the CNN poll appears to have been an actual poll of some description. Lets wait for some more actual polls before making pronouncements on what 'people think'.

Judging by the way the candidates are behaving they both think Trump lost. He is making excuses & she is acting like a winner.
                  Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                    Not really. They are self-selecting online surveys that frequently allow multiple voting. They are essentially useless as a measure of opinion. Even our resident stats nerd & virulent Clinton hater Doc doesn't put much store in them.

By comparison, the CNN poll appears to have been an actual poll of some description. Lets wait for some more actual polls before making pronouncements.
                    The CNN poll, if it was taken, and if it was honestly reported (two things CNN isn't known for) was less that 25% of a usual political poll pool.

425 instead of a minimum pool of 2000k.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                      WJC affairs=a dead horse.

Does the subject have any true relavance to a debate? Not really, the subject is only for the two Clintons...
                      And his victims, some of whom still seek justice against the un-indicted rapist.

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                      ...much the same why Trump has been married 3 times.
                      Which is totally ilrelavent.

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                      You might have been some place else but ten years ago Clinton was running for the office of President. Duh.
                      And if his wife wins, he's back in the White House, just "behind the curtain" so to speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by rkohut View Post

Perhaps most people are beginning to see that whatever CNN 'says', the opposite is true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...landslide.html
                        Oh dear.... oh dear......

Read up on valid polls vs online surveys.
                        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        And why the sea is boiling hot—
                        And whether pigs have wings.”
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                          And his victims, some of whom still seek justice against the un-indicted rapist.

Which is totally ilrelavent.

And if his wife wins, he's back in the White House, just "behind the curtain" so to speak.
                          The Boards resident spit on the constitution guy.....I love the Rightwing and how they lose everything when it comes to the Clinton's... brain cells just go poof.
                          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          And why the sea is boiling hot—
                          And whether pigs have wings.”
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                            The Boards resident spit on the constitution guy
                            That's a new and amusing one. Carry to substantiate that charge?

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                            .....I love the Rightwing and how they lose everything when it comes to the Clinton's... brain cells just go poof.
                            I love how the Leftwing rushes blindly to the defense of the Clinton's. Their brain cells already went poof, which is why they are Leftwing.

Not all those women he put hands and bodyparts onto were consensual, or "affairs".

Comment

• Split decision on my scorecard.

Trump wins on substance.

Clinton wins on composure.

Clinton had talking points that haven't changed (or worked) in decades but looked polished. Trump had ideas that are practical but in the presentation he rambled, fumbled, and let Clinton control his emotions.

The biggest loser was the moderator who could barely get either candidate to STFU so he could move on to the next subject.
                              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                                Split decision on my scorecard.

Trump wins on substance.

Clinton wins on composure.

Clinton had talking points that haven't changed (or worked) in decades but looked polished. Trump had ideas that are practical but in the presentation he rambled, fumbled, and let Clinton control his emotions.

The biggest loser was the moderator who could barely get either candidate to STFU so he could move on to the next subject.
                                I was talking to some people this morning and that was something I brought up. My notes for Trump had a lot more data on his own positions than Hillary seemed to have: she was generic and bland about herself, but possessed some key data points about Trump.

However, this was almost lost because Trump rambled on so much and made his responses incoherent enough to mask and hide those details. One can find some very good bits in there that show his policies more than Clinton did, but it feels like you have to dig around to find the real details (beyond law and order / stop and frisk).

If there is one thing Trump should take away from this debate, it is to be more succinct. He can present a strong front and a good argument for his candidacy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X