Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Liberals denounce the media for not derailing Trump's candidacy"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Liberals denounce the media for not derailing Trump's candidacy"

    From the "So Fracking Moronic, it must be true files"...
    Liberals denounce the media for not derailing Trump's candidacy

    By Howard Kurtz
    Published September 20, 2016

    The liberal media are freaking out over the possibility that Donald Trump might win the presidency.

    They are denouncing their profession, decrying what they see as a press corps that coddles Trump and castigates Hillary Clinton, and demanding a change before it is too late.

    [...]

    I would pose this question: Why do these pundits think they’re so much smarter than everyone else that they can clearly see Trump’s flaws but others are blinded by lousy media coverage?

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...candidacy.html

    In the "good old days,"the leftwing, libt*** media had the professionalism, decency and integrity to at least pretend to be impartial in their coverage of elections.

    Today, they are denouncing themselves for not openly doing what they were already doing: Campaigning for Her Hagness.

    The priceless irony: The Donald turned the Media's Trump Derangement Syndrome into about $2 billion in free advertising.

    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

  • #2
    Actually the media did push trump through the Republican primaries with an unheard amount of Media exposure but their reason for doing so is because they thought Hillary would easily beat him. Their plan backfired because of Hillary's campaign of hiding from reporters and the public has hurt her along with the revelations from the Benghazi investigation of her hidden State Department Email communications which she openly lied about. Now her health problems are coming to light. Pretty hard for the media to completely ignore the email scandal when the FBI was investigating and for the media to ignore her health when the coughing fits happen continually at her rallies and she spazzes out and leaves 911 memorial early. Trump has been bombarded with media attacks but his followers don't give a ****. Not to mention that the far left was more excited about the Bern than Hillary. Trump isn't likable but neither is Hillary and she has the most baggage.
    Last edited by Mystikeye; 20 Sep 16, 09:41.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd say that Trump's positive press is a function of Trump's celebrity, and Trump's heretofore unmatched capacity for manipulating the media. Trump understands modern media, its strengths and its weaknesses, as both a social force and as a business, and he knows how to put that knowledge to use better than virtually any US politician I've ever seen. If liberals are going to decry the media now, it's a media that they've fashioned themselves, over many decades, starting from the schools of journalism and branching out from there. Liberals spent many years crafting and managing a paradigm, and now they're angry 'cause Trump knows how to use it better than they do. That's pretty rich.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        I'd say that Trump's positive press is a function of Trump's celebrity, and Trump's heretofore unmatched capacity for manipulating the media. Trump understands modern media, its strengths and its weaknesses, as both a social force and as a business, and he knows how to put that knowledge to use better than virtually any US politician I've ever seen. If liberals are going to decry the media now, it's a media that they've fashioned themselves, over many decades, starting from the schools of journalism and branching out from there. Liberals spent many years crafting and managing a paradigm, and now they're angry 'cause Trump knows how to use it better than they do. That's pretty rich.
        People, myself included when he first started, is that at heart Trump is a salesman. He made his bones in real estate, which is both sales and gambling combined.

        In an environment in which every politician works off the same playbook, he has outfoxed the opposition time and again. Love him or hate him, he had grabbed and kept the public stage.

        The more the liberal media attacks him, the more support he gets. The US voters are ready for a maverick.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

        Comment


        • #5
          Being a "maverick" and "new" to politics (never held or ran for an office before) he has done a typical businessperson approach of trial and error to see what will work and what won't. Means he's taken chances already and stepped away from the traditional and cautious SOP of most career politicians, whom often won't say or take an extreme position for fear it will be used against them in the future if they change to another/different one.

          This would seem to be a big part of his appeal.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
            Being a "maverick" and "new" to politics (never held or ran for an office before) he has done a typical businessperson approach of trial and error to see what will work and what won't. Means he's taken chances already and stepped away from the traditional and cautious SOP of most career politicians, whom often won't say or take an extreme position for fear it will be used against them in the future if they change to another/different one.

            This would seem to be a big part of his appeal.
            Very well said.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

            Comment


            • #7
              I heard some one recently compare Trump to the Kardasians: love 'em or hate 'em, they sure know how to stay on the front page. Just being there, on the front page, day in and day out, has proven to be monumentally advantageous to both. Trump stays front-and-center every day. He's manipulated the media into carrying his message, and essentially running his advertising for free. No wonder the conventional politicians hate him: they have to pay cash.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                I heard some one recently compare Trump to the Kardasians: love 'em or hate 'em, they sure know how to stay on the front page. Just being there, on the front page, day in and day out, has proven to be monumentally advantageous to both. Trump stays front-and-center every day. He's manipulated the media into carrying his message, and essentially running his advertising for free. No wonder the conventional politicians hate him: they have to pay cash.
                Exactly. He has achieved a state where any publicity is good publicity.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  People, myself included when he first started, is that at heart Trump is a salesman. He made his bones in real estate, which is both sales and gambling combined.

                  In an environment in which every politician works off the same playbook, he has outfoxed the opposition time and again. Love him or hate him, he had grabbed and kept the public stage.

                  The more the liberal media attacks him, the more support he gets. The US voters are ready for a maverick.
                  But we're sort of hoping for an effective maverick.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                    I heard some one recently compare Trump to the Kardasians: love 'em or hate 'em, they sure know how to stay on the front page. Just being there, on the front page, day in and day out, has proven to be monumentally advantageous to both. Trump stays front-and-center every day. He's manipulated the media into carrying his message, and essentially running his advertising for free. No wonder the conventional politicians hate him: they have to pay cash.
                    That is a very perceptive observation. That is exactly how he is working it as far as I can see, but this does require cooperation from the media.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      That is a very perceptive observation. That is exactly how he is working it as far as I can see, but this does require cooperation from the media.
                      He also seems to be holding more rallies and with much larger turn-outs than is Clinton & co.
                      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                        He also seems to be holding more rallies and with much larger turn-outs than is Clinton & co.
                        There is some question as to how much campaigning Hillary has left in her.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          That is a very perceptive observation. That is exactly how he is working it as far as I can see, but this does require cooperation from the media.
                          Cooperation -- or a clever recognition on Trump's part of the media's nature and how it can be exploited? A year or so ago, Trump could have said "we have a problem with illegal immigration across our southern border." Sounds nice and reasonable and accurate, if a bit of an understatement. Instead he said that Mexico is sending her criminals and rapists across the border. The former sounds rather ho-hum. The latter is quite sensational. The media, being the media, has to report the latter -- on the front page -- and will likely bury the former on page 38. Trump knows this, and he's been pretty savvy about exploiting it. "If it bleeds it leads." Trump makes sure that a good many of his utterances bleed, figuratively speaking, of course. He knows that the media can't resist them. The Fourth Estate is made up of moths, and Trump is the guy who lights the flame.
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                            ...I heard some one recently compare Trump to the Kardasians...
                            Jeepers!! Does The Donald have a sex tape?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                              Cooperation -- or a clever recognition on Trump's part of the media's nature and how it can be exploited? A year or so ago, Trump could have said "we have a problem with illegal immigration across our southern border." Sounds nice and reasonable and accurate, if a bit of an understatement. Instead he said that Mexico is sending her criminals and rapists across the border. The former sounds rather ho-hum. The latter is quite sensational. The media, being the media, has to report the latter -- on the front page -- and will likely bury the former on page 38. Trump knows this, and he's been pretty savvy about exploiting it. "If it bleeds it leads." Trump makes sure that a good many of his utterances bleed, figuratively speaking, of course. He knows that the media can't resist them. The Fourth Estate is made up of moths, and Trump is the guy who lights the flame.
                              Interesting.

                              Of course, being from real estate, he knows location is everything. I think he has translated that into 'verbiage is everything'.

                              The liberal media is howling, but there are plenty of Americans who are tired of the same muttered platitudes, which, coupled with the recent wave of terror strikes by recent immigrants, is working in Trump's favor.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X