The American Flag Was Banned at a South Carolina High School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The American Flag Was Banned at a South Carolina High School

The principal at a South Carolina high school has banned students from bringing the US flag to a football game because the other team was predominantly Hispanic, he argued the flag would be used to taunt the other team.
    So now our flag along with the confederate flag is a symbol of intimidation.
    What a country..

A South Carolina high school has come under social-media fire the past few days for its decision to ban the American flag at a recent football game.

The school’s principal believed flags at Friday’s game could be used to taunt the opposing team, which was from a predominantly Hispanic community. During a previous game against the same team, students from Travelers Rest High School allegedly waved flags at Hispanic students from Berea High School and shouted: “go home.”

After backlash from students and alumni, school officials reversed their position Monday and said they would evaluate behavior on an individual basis moving forward.

The school’s decision—and ensuing outrage from many in the community—brings up two hot-button questions, one legal, one political.
    http://time.com/4472433/american-fla...outh-carolina/
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    The principal at a South Carolina high school has banned students from bringing the US flag to a football game because the other team was predominantly Hispanic, he argued the flag would be used to taunt the other team.
    So now our flag along with the confederate flag is a symbol of intimidation.
    What a country..

http://time.com/4472433/american-fla...outh-carolina/
    What does the American flag have to do with a bunch of moron kids? Punish the kids, not the inanimate object!

Back when I was in K-12 we cheered for our school, we dident verbally disparage the ethnicity of players on the other school's team. This is the sort of ignorance that keeps fanning the flames of racial discontent. The students should be suspended and banned from attending sports events.

Comment

What an idiot... No wonder our public education system is so pathetic...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        What an idiot... No wonder our public education system is so pathetic...
        No kidding, I watched Who Wants to be a Millionaire tonight, a history teacher failed a simple question because she didn't know Spain had a civi war in the 1930s!
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

If no one else is going to ask, I will. Why is there a high school in South Carolina with so many Hispanic students? This is kind of far from the Rio Grande and the Southwest. I don't see Cubans from South Florida moving North either.

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
            If no one else is going to ask, I will. Why is there a high school in South Carolina with so many Hispanic students? This is kind of far from the Rio Grande and the Southwest. I don't see Cubans from South Florida moving North either.

Pruitt
            Many illegals head there for work these days...

Comment

Pruitt
              So basically Hispanics can only live in Florida or the Southwest? Where can Blacks live? What state is the Asian Bantustan located in?

It's 2016 ... Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, etc live EVERYWHERE.

Comment

Actually, not so much. My Grandson is in Tarkington Middle School, south of Cleveland, TX. The school is AAA size, but there are very few minority students there. There are a lot of mainly Black High Schools in Texas and Louisiana. Hispanics are rather thinly spread around in Louisiana. Most Hispanic adults will move to get a job. Hispanics of student age do not always follow the parents around.

Now if the school I was asking about was from a big city, that would help explain the anomaly.

Does anyone know the names of both schools?

I drove through South Carolina thirty years ago. I am curious as to why the schools there got such a large influx of Hispanic students.

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                  So basically Hispanics can only live in Florida or the Southwest?
                  Not so, in my Basic Training Company back in 1975, many of the Hispanics were from Northern Cities like Detroit and Chicago. I got along fine with the Southern Blacks but not so much with the Northern Blacks. They had attitude towards Southern Whites. I shared my suitcase with a young Black Man from Mississippi that only had a paper bag to put his civilian clothes in.

My favorite character was from Puerto Rico. He was about 5'5", Black hair, Blue eyes and a white complexion. He was 19 and had a 15 year old wife back in his old town. He made the mistake of believing his recruiter who told him that his inability to speak English would not be a problem. Our Hispanic DI's were on him like a duck on a June Bug! They refused to believe he could not speak English. I lost track of him and believe he got a discharge.

I like to study racial mixes in High Schools and I have not found a great increase of Hispanics in Louisiana. There has to be a reason why the students are now in South Carolina.

Pruitt

Comment

This is one the symptoms of the decline of the US you all need to turn it around soon before it gets any worse because they will gain more momentum and win if not challenged.

Comment

Which part of "illegal" didn't you get?

Comment

Pruitt
                        Probably a chicken processing plant there, plenty of Hispanics work in those in this part of the south. Not all of the Hispanics here are illegal either. I worked with plenty in the construction trades that were legal, and naturally in those fields plenty that weren't.

Comment

The Union Jack and especially the St Georges flag in the last decades has been used by the left to imply racism towards people who fly it. The virus is catching. But it maybe changing here.

Comment

Our flags represent our history for better or worse. While in some minds they once stood for oppression we can still take pride in them for what they stand for today.

Not flying the flag at a Hi School game because it might offed someone I call BS on. The game was in American being played by Americans and it is an American game. BS!!!!
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

The right thing to do is to ignore the principal. Students, parents, everyone else should bring the flag and proudly display it.
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X