What's wrong with Hilary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with Hilary?

This is a genuine information request from Americans. I'm normally well versed on stuff like this but for some reason this has passed me by. I know she is called liar etc and this Clinton foundation looks dodgy etc but can someone calmly give me some background info on why she is so disliked. Being an ardent feminist and then covering for her husbands sexual power games with young women ?

She has pretty much been unlikable since I have first heard of her. Bill Clinton's charm covered up for her for years. Many years ago we had a Presidential candidate called Michael Dukakis whose smile scared small animals and children. Hilary reminds me of him.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
      She has pretty much been unlikable since I have first heard of her. Bill Clinton's charm covered up for her for years. Many years ago we had a Presidential candidate called Michael Dukakis whose smile scared small animals and children. Hilary reminds me of him.

Pruitt
      Well I'm sure but I was after some concrete examples down the years of what has created her reputation

Comment

It'd be a lot easier to describe what's not wrong with her...

Here's the list:

Comment

Knew I shouldn't have asked...

Comment

Her voice is very strident and she acts, to me anyways, as if its expected that she will prevail. The 2016 version of Al Gore, sort of.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorque View Post
              Her voice is very strident and she acts, to me anyways, as if its expected that she will prevail. The 2016 version of Al Gore, sort of.
              Perhaps but I was looking for what she had done practically that is considered so bad? I'm just interested beyond she's a screeching a harpie anecdotes .

Comment

Here's my take on it.
                She wasn't very likable as a First Lady. Then, she went to a state that she'd never lived in before (NY) and ran for office (carpetbagged). She was elected strictly because she was Bill's wife. While a Senator, she never sponsored any meaningful legislation, but only took up space. She ran for president, and as a reward for dropping out, Obama gave her the appointment as Secretary of State. While secretary, she did nothing meaningful. She's just like an ugly Paris Hilton--she's famous for being famous but hasn't done anything noteworthy. I guess that you could say that she hasn't "paid her dues".

Comment

It's mostly because she's from the a different party it's how people who want their candidate or party to win act by making their opponent into the Devil come to life by using their past real and or made up.
                  It's a result of using negative ads to attack your opponents which isn't going away since it works well here in Canada too.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                    Here's my take on it.
                    She wasn't very likable as a First Lady. Then, she went to a state that she'd never lived in before (NY) and ran for office (carpetbagged). She was elected strictly because she was Bill's wife. While a Senator, she never sponsored any meaningful legislation, but only took up space. She ran for president, and as a reward for dropping out, Obama gave her the appointment as Secretary of State. While secretary, she did nothing meaningful. She's just like an ugly Paris Hilton--she's famous for being famous but hasn't done anything noteworthy. I guess that you could say that she hasn't "paid her dues".
                    I see . Thankyou for your time.

Comment

It would take far too long to give you a good answer, but I will touch on a couple of things.

Since Hillary has been in the public eye, she has constantly been either dishonest with the public or appearing to be so.
                      The Whitewater real estate deal looked like insider dealing and she made $100,000 very quickly on a $1000 investment while her husband was governor.
                      The Rose law firm billing records she was supposed to turn over "disappeared" only to later be found in the White House.
                      She arranged or was complicit in the firing of the WH travel staff, alleged it was because they were corrupt and then it turned out she was trying to give that business to a friend.

That all took place in the early 90s and helped to create her image. She might have been able to overcome that image if she was the least bit personable, but it is fairly clear that she hates people. Her husband and BO may not like people any more than she does, but they can be charming enough to seem sincere. She can't do that.
                      Watch her interact with people on the campaign trail sometime. Her expressions seem forced and her eyes seem dead.
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Here's my take on it.
                        I've come to think of her as more of a Leona Helmsley... "Only the little people pay taxes..." sort of "Queen of mean."

She hates the military. She wouldn't let senior officers even be in uniform around her.
                        She's violent. Stories abound of her throwing items at hand at people when she's mad.
                        She and Bill looted the White House when they left. Can anyone name another President that did something so crass and trailer park-like?
                        Don't forget "travelgate." Firing the White House travel staff so a gal pal could become the White House's new travel agent...
                        Has she ever told a joke where she doesn't sound like she's reading a script... Badly...?
                        Or, that moment early in her campaign where she told a couple of supporters to "Get back in line" when they tried to get their copy of a book autographed...

She's an ineffective Richard Nixon after Watergate.

As President I think she'll be far more interested in graft and qui pro quo than doing the job. She'll sell the country to the highest bidder.
                        I doubt she'll be effective working with Congress. Between her penchant for secrecy (e-mail scandal, Hillarycare, among others) and wanting to destroy her enemies, real and perceived, I can't see her working with Congressmen across the table in compromises.
                        Then there's going to be the endless scandals. That will be crippling on its own. Anyone doubt she's going to generate new ones ever few months? She'll be spending what time she has left over from the graft taking to fight those.

Her husband knows...

Comment

Here's my take on it.
                          Exactly, her last name, nothing else!
                          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Actually I think she was raised in New York, but I could be wrong. She followed Bill to Arkansas and lived there for something like 20 years. They listed the Arkansas Governor's mansion as a home address. Bill also chose New York as the site for his Presidential Library, so it looks like they had long term plans to abandon Arkansas after the White House.

Pruitt
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Listing the things that are wrong with Hillary depends on the person being asked. I find her to be very arrogant. She's better than us little peons, and she knows it. She believes that the law doesn't apply to her, only to us little people. She thinks she is so much smarter than the rest of us that she can lie constantly, and we're too dumb to figure it out. She's supposed to be so much smarter than all the rest of us, with a mensa caliber IQ, yet she said "I can't remember" over 150 times in the span of a few days while testifying before Congress. Outside of graduating from Yale law school, she's never accomplished a single thing, or held a single position, in her life that wasn't the direct result of, or obtained because of, her last name being Clinton. What bothers me the most about her is her sense of entitlement. She believes that she's owed whatever she wants because she is Hillary...and for no other reason. If you oppose her sense of entitlement it, in her mind, has nothing to do with her being qualified or not, it's because you're a chauvinist, or not smart enough to realize what's best for you.

This is my favorite Hillary story. Hillary grew up in Chicago. Chicago is home to the Chicago Cubs baseball team. One of the most popular teams in American sports. They had a very famous broadcaster by the name of Harry Caray. She once said, during a Cubs game broadcast, that she always enjoyed listening to Harry Caray do Cubs games when she was growing up in Chicago. One slight little problem with that. By the time Harry Caray started doing Cubs games, Hillary was in her mid 30s and living in Arkansas. She, apparently, never thought anybody would be smart enough to figure out that she told one big ass whopper of a lie. Doesn't that sound to you like someone who is just a bit too arrogant for her, and our, own good?
                              Last edited by phil74501; 01 Sep 16, 20:33.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Klaudia Tanner
                                by casanova
                                During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                                Yesterday, 23:56
                              • Karri
                                Doom Patrol
                                by Karri
                                Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                                Yesterday, 23:55
                              • Nikki
                                Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                                by Nikki
                                Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                                Yesterday, 23:03
                              Working...
                              X