SPLC says White Lives Matter hate group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPLC says White Lives Matter hate group

I a stunningly familiar move, the Stupid Pathetic Liar's Cabal (aka Southern Poverty Law Center) is now saying they will add White Lives Matter to their list of "hate groups."

An SPLC spokeswoman told Vice: "We are listing them because they are clearly white supremacists. Their motto should be 'only white lives matter.'"
    Then comes the equivocating that usually comes from Leftist groups on why they won't condemn their own...

Some have argued Black Lives Matter is actually a hate group as well.
    To that, the president of the SPLC has said: "There's no doubt that some protesters who claim the mantle of Black Lives Matter have said offensive things, like the chant 'pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon' that was heard at one rally. But before we condemn the entire movement for the words of a few, we should ask ourselves whether we would also condemn the entire Republican Party for the racist words of its presumptive nominee."

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I a stunningly familiar move, the Stupid Pathetic Liar's Cabal (aka Southern Poverty Law Center) is now saying they will add White Lives Matter to their list of "hate groups."

Then comes the equivocating that usually comes from Leftist groups on why they won't condemn their own...
    Interesting that you leave out their reason why. How did that happen?
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
      Interesting that you leave out their reason why. How did that happen?
      http://www.chron.com/national/articl...es-9186288.php

The SPLC did it because they, almost with glee, list all sorts of groups on the Right as "hate groups" while ignoring similar Leftist groups entirely. The SPLC's standards for this are pretty vague as well.

In this case they're citing a few individuals they say are linked to the movement and what they've said on social networking sites on the internet as the reason...

Comment

So the SPLC is a hate group itself...
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

The danger of the SPLC is every time a Democrat becomes President they come out loudly proclaiming that Right-wing militia groups and other radicals on the Right are on the rise and set on attacking the government. In Clinton's administration, that ended with the disaster or Waco and caused Oklahoma City out of the debris. They made a similar proclamation on Obama taking office, and for a bit there was talk of his administration cracking down on such groups... right up to radical Islamic terrorism raising its head... repeatedly...
            If Hillary gets elected expect the SPLC to make similar claims again and get in the news. Given Hillary's paranoia, she probably will crack down on Right wing groups and we'll see another Waco-like law enforcement debacle out of it.

Comment

Why can't the SPLC be a hate group as well? They sure sound like one! Some such groups get a lot of attention when they first start out, but over time, they use all their best ammunition and they can get more and more radical trying to stay relevant. I for one do not expect them to ever disband saying all the dragons have been slain.

Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

From the co-founder of WLM, Rebecca Barnette

A mission statement by Rebecca Barnette given to WZTV of Nashville, TN:

What is White Lives Matter? The best way to answer that is to ask yourself Why does YOUR life matter?

"White Lives Matter is a movement dedicated to promotion of the white race and way of life and taking positive action as a united voice against issues facing our race. WLM is not a hate-group but rather a celebration of the white race. Our supporters are comprised of people of every generation, sex, belief, and from all over the country and world. We have white kindred in other countries who are either suffering the fate already that the United States is heading toward, are in a war for their existence, or are just beginning their battles. We can all learn and educate each other through communication, research, and networking inside your own neighborhoods and communities. Don’t wait for someone else to save you and your family. BE the difference your race and nation need.

"Illegal immigration, healthcare, housing, welfare, employment, education, social security, our children, refugees, our veterans and active military and their rights; these are the issues we face as white Americans. There are ways we as citizens and owners of our fate can take a stand against these plagues on our people promoting white genocide. Our children are being taught in elementary school that homosexuality is natural. Look up the new sex education curriculum in Virginia. Look at the state of the church world today; they promote homosexuality and mix relationships, they embrace acceptance of new world order and diversity. Our government is allowing our history and heritage to be taken from us and destroyed with no consequences. Look at the influences of today’s society on our youth, Mtv’s shows glorifying teen pregnancy, mixed couples, drug abuse; Miley Cyrus and her filth. We have taken morals and values out of the way we raise our children and allowed popular culture to raise them. The saddest part is that it’s the white race that is allowing it to happen with complacency, tolerance and indifference.

"Our nation’s heroes were once veterans who fought for our freedoms, our presidents who loved and cared about our great nation…now its trash and vulgarity spread by the likes of Bruce Jenner and the Kardashians, Beyoncé and Jay Z. Cities are burned and destroyed over criminals. What happened to our raising? What happened to our pride and honor? What happened to our once great nation that our forefathers fought, bled, and died for us to have?

"Now, what can we do about it? Realize it! Once you have opened your eyes to what is happening to your race and nation it should stir you to find other like-minded people near you to put together groups to go to school board meetings, town council meetings, find out who your local state rep is and start confronting them about illegal immigration, healthcare and welfare in your state, get neighborhood block parties going to discuss the problems affecting your community and ways that you can work together to solve these problems. Honor those who gave it all so we could have the privilege of living in the greatest nation on earth and enjoy the freedoms and lives we have become accustomed to living. Many of our city streets have become war zones...and sadly those who live in those areas have learned to adapt instead of overcome.

"United we stand….United we win!! Begin the revolution!! BE the revolution!!"
                There's that "White Genocide" thing again. And what's that symbol in the background?

Comment

If you go to the SPLC "hate map" it is approximately 98%+ a list of Right Wing hate groups.

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

For example, neither the New Black Panthers nor the Brown Berets are listed. Both are definitely "hate groups" by the SPLC's definition.

I would propose that the SPLC is indeed a "hate group" itself by omission of Leftist hate groups of all sorts. They tacitly accept Left Wing and Left leaning minority hate while full on bashing Right Wing groups.
                  Even their inclusion of the Nation of Islam (NOI) could be considered something of an aversion for a Black hate group that preaches what are largely conservative values and is based on an organized religion.

Comment

If you go to the SPLC "hate map" it is approximately 98%+ a list of Right Wing hate groups.

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

For example, neither the New Black Panthers nor the Brown Berets are listed. Both are definitely "hate groups" by the SPLC's definition.

I would propose that the SPLC is indeed a "hate group" itself by omission of Leftist hate groups of all sorts. They tacitly accept Left Wing and Left leaning minority hate while full on bashing Right Wing groups.
                    Even their inclusion of the Nation of Islam (NOI) could be considered something of an aversion for a Black hate group that preaches what are largely conservative values and is based on an organized religion.
                    I could have sworn that the New Black Panthers were on their list at one point. That said, I think the issue with the SPLC list is that most left wing groups (Black militants, Puerto Rican separatists, Brown Berets, etc) have renounced the use of violence (at least publicly) while these right wing groups are still running around pretending to be commandos while yelling about how they want to overthrow the government.

All in all, I don't think anybody puts much stock in the SPLC and their claims. They once claimed that returning veterans were a national security risk. They have little to no credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                      I could have sworn that the New Black Panthers were on their list at one point. That said, I think the issue with the SPLC list is that most left wing groups (Black militants, Puerto Rican separatists, Brown Berets, etc) have renounced the use of violence (at least publicly) while these right wing groups are still running around pretending to be commandos while yelling about how they want to overthrow the government.
                      Renouncing it while still doing it doesn't make for much of a claim. If the SPLC is going on just their words... Which I can see them doing with Leftist groups... then it's even more disingenuous.

All in all, I don't think anybody puts much stock in the SPLC and their claims. They once claimed that returning veterans were a national security risk. They have little to no credibility.
                      The Left does. Many law enforcement organizations use them as an information source.
                      But, I think most people not on the Left think the SPLC is little more than Leftist kooks and to be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post

The news media certainly does. I see them quoted and cited in main stream news publications at least a few times a year. Who do you think the WSJ, NYT, CBS, NBC, etc etc are citing as a source everytime you read/hear them do a story about the jump in the number of hate groups, or hate group membership, in the US?

Comment

Exactly. They condemn WLM for the same reason they won't condemn BLM.

I guess it depends on the race of the person spewing hatred.
                          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                            Exactly. They condemn WLM for the same reason they won't condemn BLM.

I guess it depends on the race of the person spewing hatred.
                            Always...
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                              Klaudia Tanner
                              by casanova
                              During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                              Yesterday, 23:56
                            • Karri
                              Doom Patrol
                              by Karri
                              Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                              Yesterday, 23:55
                            • Nikki
                              Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                              by Nikki
                              Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                              Yesterday, 23:03
                            Working...
                            X