FBI data backs up Trump claims on illegals and crime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI data backs up Trump claims on illegals and crime

Largely unreported data published by the FBI appears to back up Donald Trump’s contentions regarding illegal aliens from Mexico committing drug and violent crime offenses in the U.S.

According to the FBI, criminal gangs – in some regions comprised significantly of illegal aliens – are wreaking havoc in the U.S., with 65 jurisdictions nationwide reporting gang-related offenses committed with firearms account for at least 95 percent of crime in those areas.

The FBI further documented gangs in Southwestern border regions consisting of up to 80 percent illegal aliens were committing a multitude of crimes in America, “including drug-related crimes, weapons trafficking, alien smuggling, human trafficking, prostitution, extortion, robbery, auto theft, assault, homicide, racketeering, and money laundering.”

The information was contained in the FBI’s 79-page National Gang Report published in 2013, the most recently released extensive agency report providing an overview of gang activities and trends in the United States.

The data is newly relevant following a national debate about illegal alien criminals emanating from Mexico sparked by Trump’s controversial comments.
    And also relevant because some folks here don't think I know what I am talking about.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/07/fbi-data-...rl0z8m3xz4I.99

The truth is racist.
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
      The truth is racist.
      In the Obama era, it sure seems that way.

BTW- Mexican isn't a race... not that the media knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
        BTW- Mexican isn't a race... not that the media knows that.
        Tell that to La Raza.
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
          Tell that to La Raza.
          I don't talk to the Tan Klan.

Comment

2013 National Gang Report

and the newer 2015 National Gang Report

Comment

Sites like that with no specific indication from you of which of 62 pages has anything specifically related to anything in the topic is not an argument.
              Its just more BS

Comment

What do Google and Bing tell you. You have researched it yourself, right?

Meanwhile, are you actually pretending that the illegals are not largely those with criminal records? Despite myriad reports, articles and statements to the contrary? Despite the well publicized fact that Mexico has set up cartel centers with cartel bosses and crews right here in America to handle their drug trade?

Mexico is happy to export its problem people to America, just as Cuba alwaays has, and it needs to stop.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Sites like that with no specific indication from you of which of 62 pages has anything specifically related to anything in the topic is not an argument.
                  Its just more BS
                  I wasn't arguing Exo. I was providing the actual FBI reports upon which the article, which you linked to, relied upon for those forum members that wish to actually read the reports instead of being spoon-fed a synopsis.

And BTW, both of those links that I provided are from the FBI and are related to the topic.

Comment

I assume this was for Gorgue.
                    Maybe the test was too small for him to notice, let me help with that-

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    What do Google and Bing tell you. You have researched it yourself, right?

Meanwhile, are you actually pretending that the illegals are not largely those with criminal records? Despite myriad reports, articles and statements to the contrary? Despite the well publicized fact that Mexico has set up cartel centers with cartel bosses and crews right here in America to handle their drug trade?

Mexico is happy to export its problem people to America, just as Cuba alwaays has, and it needs to stop.
                    Clear enough now?

Comment

I assume this was for Gorgue.
                      Maybe the test was too small for him to notice, let me help with that-

Clear enough now?
                      There you go again jumping to the wrong conclusion.

I read MM's post and understood it and generally agree that this information can be found though a search. But isn't it much better when that information can be either corroborated or debunked by a publication issued by an agency this is deeply involved in combating this type of crime? The first linked pdf, BTW, was referenced in the article you posted. I think it is and I'd wager that many others on this forum would be as well.

Comment

Without dragging all the sources out for the Nth time... When it comes to illegals:

2 out of 3 are from Mexico.

Just shy of 2 out of 3 are men.

Most are between the ages of 17 and 34.

2 out of 3 have less than an 8th grade education. 50% of those have less than a 6th grade education (ie., essentially illiterate).

Are twice as likely to end up in prison as legal immigrants or citizens.

Are 70% more likely to have committed a violent felony to get there.

Are almost certain to have at least 1 arrest with an average of 7.

Illegal reentry is now the most common federal felony.

Is this an "immigrant" population we should encourage, want, or need?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Without dragging all the sources out for the Nth time... When it comes to illegals:

2 out of 3 are from Mexico.

Just shy of 2 out of 3 are men.

Most are between the ages of 17 and 34.

2 out of 3 have less than an 8th grade education. 50% of those have less than a 6th grade education (ie., essentially illiterate).

Are twice as likely to end up in prison as legal immigrants or citizens.

Are 70% more likely to have committed a violent felony to get there.

Are almost certain to have at least 1 arrest with an average of 7.

Illegal reentry is now the most common federal felony.

Is this an "immigrant" population we should encourage, want, or need?
                          You posted no references at all; dig some up please.

Trump said "Hundreds of thousands of (illegal immigrants are) going to state and federal penitentiaries."

In 2013, there were fewer than 100,000 noncitizens -- legal and undocumented -- in federal and state prisons. If you add in local jails, it’s quite possible but uncertain that the total number of incarcerated illegal immigrants is above 100,000, though it’s also possible that many of these individuals are held for immigration violations as opposed to other crimes. We just don’t have solid data on this point.

Without any good information to back it up, Trump’s claim falls flat. We rate it Mostly False.
                          Trump is citing, incorrectly, figures from the Texas Department of Public Safety, which has a webpage on “Texas Criminal Alien Arrest Data.” Just as Perry did when he cited such data in 2014, Trump says the statistics are about illegal immigrants. But a “criminal alien,” in the Texas DPS’ wording, is any immigrant who was charged with a crime — and the webpage, which contains all of the numbers Trump used, makes that clear.

Also, the “more than half a million criminal offenses” Trump cites are charges, not convictions, over those immigrants’ lifetimes.

Trump exaggerates when he says that “nearly 200,000 illegal immigrants were booked into Texas jails between 2011 and 2016.” Most, but not all, of the immigrants arrested over those years were identified as being illegally in the country. As the Texas DPS webpage says: “Of the total criminal aliens arrested in that timeframe, over 130,000 or 66% were identified by [the federal Department of Homeland Security] status as being in the US illegally at the time of their last arrest.”
                          http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-data-back-it/

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/08/fac...n-immigration/
                          Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                          Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Illegal Immigrants Accounted for Nearly 37 Percent of Federal Sentences in FY 2014
                            While illegal immigrants account for about 3.5 percent of the U.S population, they represented 36.7 percent of federal sentences in FY 2014 following criminal convictions, according to U.S. Sentencing Commission data obtained by Breitbart News.
                            According to FY 2014 USSC data, of 74,911 sentencing cases, citizens accounted for 43,479 (or 58.0 percent), illegal immigrants accounted for 27,505 (or 36.7 percent), legal immigrants made up 3,017 (or 4.0 percent), and the remainder (about 1 percent) were cases in which the offender was either extradited or had an unknown status.

Broken down by some of the primary offenses, illegal immigrants represented 16.8 percent of drug trafficking cases, 20.0 percent of kidnapping/hostage taking, 74.1 percent of drug possession, 12.3 percent of money laundering, and 12.0 percent of murder convictions.
                            http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...es-in-fy-2014/

I could pull a Doc here and fill the page with pie-charts, but instead here is a link to show the actual ratio of State vs Federal prison populations;
                            http://www.prisonpolicy.org/reports/pie2016.html
                            I didn't even check to see if this hurts or helps my argument, I just want to get to the truth here.

Next item-
                            More than 100,000 Mexicans are behind bars in U.S. jails, Reforma newspaper reported Friday in its Internet edition.

Most of the Mexican inmates have been jailed for misdemeanors or drug trafficking offenses, Foreign Ministry Consular Protection Director Roberto Rodriguez told Reforma in an interview.

According to government data, 24,473 Mexican inmates are in U.S. federal prisons, the rest in state and county jails and INS detention centers.

California, Florida and Texas have the three largest Mexican prison populations.

There are 54 Mexicans on U.S. death rows, while another 142 could face capital punishment.

According to Reforma, Arizona prison authorities offered this week to pay for and build a prison in the border state of Sonora, where some 3,000 Mexican prisoners whose relatives have been denied U.S. visas to visit them in jail would be transferred.
                            http://rense.com/general32/sdmc.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                              You posted no references at all; dig some up please.
                              No. As I said, they've been posted on this very board several times before in other threads on illegals. I'm not going to do that work again.
                              Feel free to do a search for other threads on illegal immigration and find them yourself.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X