• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Fear of Mexicans

Fear of Muslims

Fear of China

Fear of welfare recipients (read blacks)

Fear of aliens from Mars and the man in the moon
    Mexicans aren't feared. That's a far left strawman. Illegal immigrants are the issue and that's less fear and more annoyance at the disrespect they have for law.

Fear of Muslims is another far left strawman. There is fear of Islamist terrorism but I already explained how that isn't "Islamaphobia".

There is no fear of China at all. There is annoyance over their shenanigans but they have more to fear from us than vice versa.

There is no fear of welfare recipients. There is aggravation over the mismanagement of welfare programs but that is an administrative beef having nothing to do with recipients. No fear of blacks either (and you just committed a bigger act of racism under pc rules by equating the two...)

You've fallen into the common trap of labelling a group you don't understand as phobic. This is what I was talking about in the op. When you create a narrative with your imagination and run with it instead of sitting down with the opposition and asking them how they actually feel this stuff happens. This is why there is so much hatred in the discourse. You have factions creating imagined motives of the other factions and responding in anger as if those were true. Don't assume how the other person thinks. Sit down and ask them.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Okay, how many illegal immigrants do we have that don't come from Mexico?

I'm not going to play word games with you. You op is a mirror image of your self but to dense to realize that fact. A twist of a word gives it a totally different meaning to you.

Trump whole platform is based on fear and HATE. "I'm going to build a wall..." sure, out of lego stones in his play room.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I'm not going to play word games with you. You op is a mirror image of your self but to dense to realize that fact. A twist of a word gives it a totally different meaning to you.

Trump whole platform is based on fear and HATE. "I'm going to build a wall..." sure, out of lego stones in his play room.
        1. No one is supporting amnesty for non Mexican illegals either.

2. No word games to play. Islamaphobia is an irrational fear of Muslims. Fear of Islamic terrorism is neither irrational nor does it constitute a fear of all Muslims. Its that simple.

3. I never said Trump's platform wasn't based on hate. I just corrected you on who it was directed against.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

You only attempted to correct me on your understanding. That hardly makes you correct.

Trump wants to ban ALL Muslims from entering the USA without knowing if they are terrorists or not. Those fleeing a war are a minor threat. If they are a treat at all?

Trump gets most of his support based on fear.

When has Trump offered anything but fear? Name me one thing, just one that had anything that was positive.
          Last edited by Half Pint John; 04 Sep 16, 12:03.

Comment

You only attempted to correct me on your understanding. That hardly makes you correct.

Trump wants to ban ALL Muslims from entering the USA without knowing if they are terrorists or not. Those flewing a war are a minor threat.

Trump gets most of his support based on fear.

When has Trump offered anything but fear? Name me one thing, just one that had anything that was positive.
            1. Trump has repeatedly changed his positions the approach to Islam so what he offers there is anyone's guess.

2. No, it's mostly based on anger. If you listen to his speeches its mostly excoriating the mainstream.

3. Trump hasn't offered anything positive. I never said he was a good candidate. But his rhetoric speaks to anger, not paranoia. And people who insist its fear will misdiagnose the problem and offer the wrong solutions.

Trump is an issue caused by discontent. It is the discontent that must be addressed if the cause of his rise to popularity is to be addressed.

Comment

Some good points but according to polls he his still neck and neck with Clinton. Regardless who wins we the people and the nation are still going to be screwed.

Comment

Your comment on disconnet hits cloee to home. I haven't been happy with our system since the Nixon years. We are locked in to this two party system that let's little choice for us. Onenor the other when neither one represents our belief.

Comment

What does it matter how many illegals do or do not come from Mexico? The fact remains that the vast majority come through our southern border and it must be stopped. Mexico is complicit in this matter as they actually publish pamphlets teaching people how to enter our country illegally. If that happened elsewhere in the world, the two nations involved might already be in a state of war. An uncomfortable fact is that money sent back to Mexico from just the illegal aliens alone was Mexico's second largest source of income, and now combined with current low oil prices and the surge of Mexican drugs it may now have become their most important source of income.

As I have pointed out many times, the wall is already being built. Currently there are 2800 miles of wall where crossings are easiest, all Donald Trump can do is to complete the wall in the more isolated places where many would be migrants are raped, robbed, killed, or abandoned by the human traffickers AKA coyotes.

Other candidates have also said they will build a wall, but only Trump is crazy/racists/hater. Funny you think that building a wall is impossible since much of it already exist and some European nations walled themselves up faster than ordering from Taco Bell when economic migrants descended upon Europe. I don't recall you saying Urban was a idiot/hater./racist and that he would be building it with lego in his playroom.

While I have no love for Trump, I do believe that many have a blind hatred of him fueled by a biased media and will believe what they are told and keep parroting the hatred for him. Ironic.
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

If the total number is about 12 million then about 4 million of those don't come from Mexico.
                    You should note, that illegal re-entry has become the leading federal criminal felony today. Yep, someone convicted and deported for illegal entry becomes a felon on the second go around.

So, the fact that about 40% of the Mexican border already has a wall / fence on it means...? Are all the past Presidents that authorized some portion of that did it out of "fear and HATE?"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X