US Navy Warship Fires Warning Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Navy Warship Fires Warning Shots

A US Navy patrol vessel fired three warning shots at an Iranian Navy patrol vessel that came too close yesterday:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/24/politi...yer/index.html
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    A US Navy patrol vessel fired three warning shots at an Iranian Navy patrol vessel that came too close yesterday:

This from Fox.
    The official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the USS Squall patrol craft fired three warning shots from a .50 caliber gun after warning flares did not work.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
      This from Fox.
      The official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the USS Squall patrol craft fired three warning shots from a .50 caliber gun after warning flares did not work.
      Ma Deuce, still making things happen, after almost 90 yrs.
      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

This is definitely an improvement.

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Exactly what should happen.

Iranians respect strength. Heck, that's the only thing that most of the region respects. They've seen enough weakness lately to get bold and try to assert a measure of control in the Gulf.

I think that this will culminate in an Iranian boat being sunk. But maybe if they see us taking off the proverbial shirt and slinging our gloves down, they'll back off because they know we can wreck their entire Navy in a lazy afternoon if we only have the desire to.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

About time. These days, a whole war can be fought in the time it takes for the Washington chairborne commandos to make a simple decision.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              About time. These days, a whole war can be fought in the time it takes for the Washington chairborne commandos to make a simple decision.
              Actually, some of them could think this through quicker, but the C-in-C would stop them, like he did several years ago;
              Why Obama Let Iran's Green Revolution Fail
              EXCERPT:
              One of the great hypotheticals of Barack Obama's presidency involves the Iranian uprising that began on June 12, 2009, after Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was announced the winner of contested presidential elections. What if the president had done more to help the protesters when the regime appeared to be teetering?
              But Obama wasn't just reluctant to show solidarity in 2009, he feared the demonstrations would sabotage his secret outreach to Iran. In his new book, "The Iran Wars," Wall Street Journal reporter Jay Solomon uncovers new details on how far Obama went to avoid helping Iran's green movement. Behind the scenes, Obama overruled advisers who wanted to do what America had done at similar transitions from dictatorship to democracy, and signal America's support.

Solomon reports that Obama ordered the CIA to sever contacts it had with the green movement's supporters. "The Agency has contingency plans for supporting democratic uprisings anywhere in the world. This includes providing dissidents with communications, money, and in extreme cases even arms," Solomon writes. "But in this case the White House ordered it to stand down."

At the time, Solomon reports, Obama's aides received mixed messages. Members of the Iranian diaspora wanted the president to support the uprisings. Dissident Iranians from inside the country said such support would be the kiss of death. In the end, Obama did nothing, and Iran's supreme leader blamed him anyway for fomenting the revolt.

It's worth contrasting Obama's response with how the U.S. has reacted to other democratic uprisings. The State Department, for example, ran a program in 2000 through the U.S. embassy in Hungary to train Serbian activists in nonviolent resistance against their dictator, Slobodan Milosevic. Milosevic, too, accused his opposition of being pawns of the U.S. government. But in the end his people forced the dictator from power.
              https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...evolution-fail

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

I sincerely hope that this is the beginning of a trend. There is no need for Navy ships of any size to put up with BS from those IRGC idiots!
                Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                  I sincerely hope that this is the beginning of a trend. There is no need for Navy ships of any size to put up with BS from those IRGC idiots!
                  +1!
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

We need to be worried about the N. Korean ballistic missile sub not this silliness.
                    It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself-- Th. Jefferson

Comment

Meh, I'm having trouble taking any of this seriously, not until I see this at our next conference with Iran-

https://vimeo.com/180016993

Oh HELL yeah!
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Localyokel View Post
                        We need to be worried about the N. Korean ballistic missile sub not this silliness.
                        Unless those subs are state of the art, wich I seriously doubt, we and the SK know each and every move they make down to what the commander ate after analysis of his farts
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Operation Praying Mantis II

Comment

I think that it will at some point in the near future, take either the sinking of one of these nation's ships or patrol boats, or the shooting down of one of their military jets that are carrying out these absolutely reckless and dangerous acts. We can't afford to sit back and wait to be attacked. I am not saying that we should go out and provoke these nations but we certainly have the right to protect our military men and women along with the vessel.
                            "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                            - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaOne View Post
                              I think that it will at some point in the near future, take either the sinking of one of these nation's ships or patrol boats, or the shooting down of one of their military jets that are carrying out these absolutely reckless and dangerous acts. We can't afford to sit back and wait to be attacked. I am not saying that we should go out and provoke these nations but we certainly have the right to protect our military men and women along with the vessel.
                              But now that the Iranians know that they can get 100 million in cold cash per hostage, they will be taking more of them.

And if they are out of Darwin Award candidates that were traveling in Iran as civilians, then they will got for Sailors that don't know how to shoot back to save their own lives.
                              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X