Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"What have you got to lose?" Deliberate insult or overdue acknowledgement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by Jannie View Post
    Frankly, I donít think a lot of black people vote in extreme poverty stricken areas. In the Ferguson community prior to the Michael Brown shooting, the town was run by white people voted in by the few white people of the community. Most black people did not vote. Only after all of the hullabaloo died down and the next election come around did the black community turn out and vote for folks of their own race.

They now have a majority black town council and they now have a black chief of police. I have seen him speak a time or two on TV since he was hired and he does seem to have a few more brains than the white cretin who was chief at the time of the shooting. I think they could blame 90% of Fergusonís problems at that time on that idiot of a police chief.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...225-story.html
    Ferguson is a good example of the press and the professional activist fanning a flame. Lost in all of it was the fact that the young man assaulted the officer and tried to take his firearm away from him.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Frankly, I donít think a lot of black people vote in extreme poverty stricken areas. In the Ferguson community prior to the Michael Brown shooting, the town was run by white people voted in by the few white people of the community. Most black people did not vote. Only after all of the hullabaloo died down and the next election come around did the black community turn out and vote for folks of their own race.

They now have a majority black town council and they now have a black chief of police. I have seen him speak a time or two on TV since he was hired and he does seem to have a few more brains than the white cretin who was chief at the time of the shooting. I think they could blame 90% of Fergusonís problems at that time on that idiot of a police chief.

Ferguson was multiple issues manifesting themselves at the same time.

First we had a criminal that committed suicide by cop.

Then we have a community that spawns these criminals, feels these criminals should be free to act as they please, and riots and destroys it's own in response.

The there was the police department that was totally inept during the riots, even attacking the press.

The icing on the cake was the actions of the POTUS and DOJ, encouraging and enabling such behavior from the community. This photo sums that aspect up perfectly.....

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    Can't rep you so soon.
    Got 'em.
    (No, Hell hasn't frozen over.)

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Why not put the blame where it belongs? Browns parents and Michel Brown?
    Can't rep you so soon.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied

Why not put the blame where it belongs? Browns parents and Michel Brown?

Leave a comment:

• Jannie
    replied
    Frankly, I don’t think a lot of black people vote in extreme poverty stricken areas. In the Ferguson community prior to the Michael Brown shooting, the town was run by white people voted in by the few white people of the community. Most black people did not vote. Only after all of the hullabaloo died down and the next election come around did the black community turn out and vote for folks of their own race.

They now have a majority black town council and they now have a black chief of police. I have seen him speak a time or two on TV since he was hired and he does seem to have a few more brains than the white cretin who was chief at the time of the shooting. I think they could blame 90% of Ferguson’s problems at that time on that idiot of a police chief.

Leave a comment:

• craven
    replied
    Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Actually, the GOP carried most of the Black vote from post ACW up until about 1965, or shortly there after. "Great Society"
    I should of qualified it with modern election

but yeah I am not old enough to know what caused it or of seen the change. It was pre eighties though I think I started voting in 85

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Originally posted by craven View Post
    you guys know these statements he is making is just to provide political cover for people who might be concerned about some of is more insensitive statements.

See he cares about blacks he been talking about how he might be better for them.

If he was truly believed what he is saying he might want to do it somewhere a few more blacks might here what he says.

Granted republicans never do well with the black vote but Trump is performing way below average. if you exclude the Obama elections
    Actually, the GOP carried most of the Black vote from post ACW up until about 1965, or shortly there after. "Great Society"

Leave a comment:

• craven
    replied
    you guys know these statements he is making is just to provide political cover for people who might be concerned about some of is more insensitive statements.

See he cares about blacks he been talking about how he might be better for them.

If he was truly believed what he is saying he might want to do it somewhere a few more blacks might here what he says.

Granted republicans never do well with the black vote but Trump is performing way below average. if you exclude the Obama elections

Leave a comment:

• Urban hermit
    replied
    i
    Originally posted by mconrad View Post
    According to 2013 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the [food stamps] program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American.

Total number of Americans on welfare 110,489,000
    Total number of Americans on food stamps 41,700,000
    Total number of Americans on unemployment insurance 10,200,000
    Percent of the US population on welfare 35.4 %
    Total government spending on welfare annually (not including food stamps or unemployment) $131,900,000,000
    Welfare Demographics
    Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %
    Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %
    Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 %
    Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 %
    Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %

Food stamp participation rates
    1 Mississippi 20.8 %
    2 Tennessee 19.9 %
    2 Oregon 19.9 %
    4 New Mexico 19.8 %
    5 Michigan 19.5 %
    6 Louisiana 19.3 %
    7 Alabama 19.1 %
    8 Kentucky 18.8 %
    9 West Virginia 18.5 %
    9 Maine 18.5 %
    11 Georgia 18.1 %
    12 South Carolina 18 %
    13 Arkansas 16.5 %
    14 Arizona 16.4 %
    15 Florida 16.1 %
    15 Oklahoma 16.1 %
    17 Missouri 15.6 %
    18 Texas 15.4 % Hurrah for self-reliant Texans!
    19 Washington 15.5 %
    20 New York 15.4 % Boo for those mooching New Yorkers!
    21 Rhode Island 15.2 %
    22 Delaware 14.7 %
    23 Vermont 14.6 %
    24 Idaho 14.3 %
    25 Wisconsin 14 %
    26 Illinois 13.9 %
    26 Ohio 13.9 %
    26 North Carolina 13.9 %
    29 Pennsylvania 13.4 %
    29 Indiana 13.4 %
    31 South Dakota 12.4 %
    31 Montana 12.4 %
    33 Massachusetts 12.3 %
    34 Nevada 12.1 %
    34 Iowa 12.1 %
    36 Alaska 11.9 %
    37 Hawaii 11.5 %
    38 Maryland 11.4 %
    39 Virginia 10.5 %
    39 Connecticut 10.5 %
    41 Kansas 10.3 %
    42 Utah 10 %
    43 California 9.7 %
    44 Nebraska 9.4 %
    45 Minnesota 9.4 %
    45 Colorado 8.8 %
    47 North Dakota 8.7 %
    48 New Jersey 8.6 %
    49 New Hampshire 8.5 %
    50 Wyoming 6.3 %
    That is part of the equation, now look up how many social workers, administrators and IT people are employed by the various health and welfare agencies at the state and federal level.
    Then check out how many housing projects are operated through grants or direct ownership of the low income housing programs.
    Then find out how many construction and property management companies depend on contracts to build and manage housing projects.
    Then find out how many large and small businesses depend on customers who are on food stamp programs.
    How many universes turn out graduates with degrees in Social Services every year and need jobs to repay the federally guaranteed student loans....

Leave a comment:

• mconrad
    replied
    According to 2013 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the [food stamps] program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American.

Total number of Americans on welfare 110,489,000
    Total number of Americans on food stamps 41,700,000
    Total number of Americans on unemployment insurance 10,200,000
    Percent of the US population on welfare 35.4 %
    Total government spending on welfare annually (not including food stamps or unemployment) $131,900,000,000
    Welfare Demographics
    Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %
    Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %
    Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 %
    Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 %
    Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %

Food stamp participation rates
    1 Mississippi 20.8 %
    2 Tennessee 19.9 %
    2 Oregon 19.9 %
    4 New Mexico 19.8 %
    5 Michigan 19.5 %
    6 Louisiana 19.3 %
    7 Alabama 19.1 %
    8 Kentucky 18.8 %
    9 West Virginia 18.5 %
    9 Maine 18.5 %
    11 Georgia 18.1 %
    12 South Carolina 18 %
    13 Arkansas 16.5 %
    14 Arizona 16.4 %
    15 Florida 16.1 %
    15 Oklahoma 16.1 %
    17 Missouri 15.6 %
    18 Texas 15.4 % Hurrah for self-reliant Texans!
    19 Washington 15.5 %
    20 New York 15.4 % Boo for those mooching New Yorkers!
    21 Rhode Island 15.2 %
    22 Delaware 14.7 %
    23 Vermont 14.6 %
    24 Idaho 14.3 %
    25 Wisconsin 14 %
    26 Illinois 13.9 %
    26 Ohio 13.9 %
    26 North Carolina 13.9 %
    29 Pennsylvania 13.4 %
    29 Indiana 13.4 %
    31 South Dakota 12.4 %
    31 Montana 12.4 %
    33 Massachusetts 12.3 %
    34 Nevada 12.1 %
    34 Iowa 12.1 %
    36 Alaska 11.9 %
    37 Hawaii 11.5 %
    38 Maryland 11.4 %
    39 Virginia 10.5 %
    39 Connecticut 10.5 %
    41 Kansas 10.3 %
    42 Utah 10 %
    43 California 9.7 %
    44 Nebraska 9.4 %
    45 Minnesota 9.4 %
    45 Colorado 8.8 %
    47 North Dakota 8.7 %
    48 New Jersey 8.6 %
    49 New Hampshire 8.5 %
    50 Wyoming 6.3 %

Leave a comment:

• Urban hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
    As I understand it, the Democrats are more likely to assist in providing a welfare safety-net than the Republicans, who are committed to smaller government and more "self-reliance".

Why then, should anybody having the misfortune to be dependent on that welfare come to support Trump's GOP who, ideologically, would be less likely to be sympathetic ?
    That is the misconception, the welfare programs are here to stay, btw, Richard Nixon signed into law the food stamp program. Once these beauracries are entrenched they will not go away.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    No I didn't I meant what I said - I suspect that Afro American voters have more intelligence than to be taken in by the same old lies. Bitter experience usually gets through to people eventually
    I wish this were true. But as others have stated, they'll vote for whoever they think will keep the checks rolling.

Of course, the checks will keep coming no matter who is elected. But the perception is that the Democrats are the ones to keep it happening.

With Obama, they voted for the man that looks like them. Everywhere you went in NJ during his first election, t shirts were worn portraying Obama as a Messiah figure. He was "bigger than Jesus".

Leave a comment:

• BELGRAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    Maybe they dream of something better.

Maybe they would like their kids to do better than they ever did, something more than Government Cheese and a grimy little Section 8 Apartment where the Roaches are so big that they drown out the TV when you step on one.
    Maybe they know that having 1/4 of American families lacking even one man employed is not only bad, but unsustainable.

Maybe THEY believe that they CAN do better than that. And maybe, just maybe, they are tired of the Left telling them they can't or that whitey is holding them back and they never had a fair shot anyway.... never, despite 50 years of quotas and aid and all the ballyhoo about education and everything else that employed millions of bureaucrats and yet poverty is just as bad as ever if not worse.

Don't you think that they are smart enough to have noticed all that?
    I'm sure they do.
    Can Mr Trump and his Republicans assist ?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    Maybe they dream of something better.

Maybe they would like their kids to do better than they ever did, something more than Government Cheese and a grimy little Section 8 Apartment where the Roaches are so big that they drown out the TV when you step on one.
    Maybe they know that having 1/4 of American families lacking even one man employed is not only bad, but unsustainable.

Maybe THEY believe that they CAN do better than that. And maybe, just maybe, they are tired of the Left telling them they can't or that whitey is holding them back and they never had a fair shot anyway.... never, despite 50 years of quotas and aid and all the ballyhoo about education and everything else that employed millions of bureaucrats and yet poverty is just as bad as ever if not worse.

Don't you think that they are smart enough to have noticed all that?
    Noticed? Maybe. Do anything about it that requires hard work, initiative and self-sacrifice? Not a chance. Not when welfare pays better than minimum wage.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X