Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Active duty LEOs and retired LEOs, please review this and post opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post
    First off, it "Doesn't keep his record clean.." Record follows you...There is an administrative entity in your state (Florida is The Florida Department of Law Enforcement) that keeps tabs on your employment, license and training..As there is a minimum mandatory amount of training you must do to keep your license..(or Certification)..They MUST report your resignation to that entity. "RESIGNED BEFORE ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION TAKEN" .For all hiring agencies to see to use or not......If your accused actions were egregious enough, your license will be revoked ANYWAY...Anything else you are drinking the kool-aide...
    and this..

"Law enforcement officers are entitled to a hearing, with notification in advance of the date, access to transcripts, and other relevant documents and evidence generated by the hearing and to representation by counsel or another non-attorney representative at the hearing."

has everything to do with what you are talking about....as the proposed disciplinary action is INCLUDED....
    Just curios does the "Resigned before administrative action taken" state what the administrative action would have been?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog View Post
      Just curios does the "Resigned before administrative action taken" state what the administrative action would have been?
      Generally no....but only a moron wouldn't. If you can already tell, you don't need to ask.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

I believe that it's a euphemism for "resigned before being fired".

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
          Generally no....but only a moron wouldn't. If you can already tell, you don't need to ask.
          Originally posted by johns624 View Post
          I believe that it's a euphemism for "resigned before being fired".

Comment

Quite honestly...Probably not, but as others have guessed, it is obvious...As they know what they are administratively charged with and know if it is a fire-able offense or not. To add another dimension...When the officer applies at another agency, they will see Resigned Before Administrative Action Taken" and walk away. If they think they still want you they will contact the agency for a copy of the Internal Affairs/Professional Standards investigation, read and determine for themselves if the jack-off is still worth hiring...Knowing the press/public can read it also making him most undesirable...Anything else is a myth perpetrated by haters !!!

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I still find it interesting that I see LEOs get fired sometimes and sometimes this fired in a few a days stuff happens. With what yall have told me I will start paying attention to the details and see if I can determine a pattern there, because if I am not mistaken the ones that get fired also find themselves arrested as well.

While I am sure there are good reasons for this. It is a perception issue for the general publicm whom for many can be fired without warning or reason. Heck I even see a guy that was fired before he was fired.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I still find it interesting that I see LEOs get fired sometimes and sometimes this fired in a few a days stuff happens. With what yall have told me I will start paying attention to the details and see if I can determine a pattern there, because if I am not mistaken the ones that get fired also find themselves arrested as well.

While I am sure there are good reasons for this. It is a perception issue for the general publicm whom for many can be fired without warning or reason. Heck I even see a guy that was fired before he was fired.
                In our agency, officer DUI/DWI or Domestic Violence arrests are just about instantly suspended without pay with a firing very close on its heals...Just about anything else is a matter of General Order interpretation and may take a while...(A week or so)...of course, 20 years ago, it wasn't the case...

Anytime !!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X