Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Between a Rock and A Hard Place

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Between a Rock and A Hard Place

    As much as I disagree with Trump on a lot of what he says I shudder to think what the outcome of a Hillary presidency would foretell.
    Just saying
    Too Much To Do Too Little Time

  • #2
    A lot of people feel that way and are voting Johnson as a result. There's just too many scary similarities between Trump and Hillary to find solace in either. They're both pro-universal healthcare, big on spending, expanding government, can't trust either on gun laws, terrible personalities for President, etc.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

    The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      A lot of people feel that way and are voting Johnson as a result. There's just too many scary similarities between Trump and Hillary to find solace in either. They're both pro-universal healthcare, big on spending, expanding government, can't trust either on gun laws, terrible personalities for President, etc.
      The problem with voting third party is that you have only made a symbolic gesture, a third party candidate doesn't (as of yet) have a chance to win. So, I see a vote for a third party candidate as a vote for Hillary (of course in my State she doesn't have a chance of winning either)
      Too Much To Do Too Little Time

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
        A lot of people feel that way and are voting Johnson as a result. There's just too many scary similarities between Trump and Hillary to find solace in either. They're bothe, pro-universal healthcarbig on spending, expanding government, can't trust either on gun laws, terrible personalities for President, etc.

        Ah!! you got to love America,,,,the ONLY industrialized nation in the Western world with NO Health Care for ALL its citizens...but every body gets to pack a gun.........guess we know where the priority's lay

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FTCS View Post
          The problem with voting third party is that you have only made a symbolic gesture, a third party candidate doesn't (as of yet) have a chance to win. So, I see a vote for a third party candidate as a vote for Hillary (of course in my State she doesn't have a chance of winning either)
          I belong to a gun forum where someone posted a link to a series of questions that would determine which candidate you most agree with. Many, if not most, had the highest percentage with Johnson. Yet, they all said that they wouldn't vote for him because he couldn't win. If everyone that agreed with his policies did vote for him, he just might.
          Here it is. If you don't agree with the yes/no answer, click on "other stances" and you get nuanced answers. I came out as 83% Johnson, and 71% for both of the Big Two.
          http://www.isidewith.com/political-quiz

          Comment


          • #6
            Johnson obviously is not going to win, and I admit this as a supporter of the Johnson/Weld ticket. My (and I suspect most other Republicans who back them) real purpose behind supporting them is that it would send a strong message that the party needs to return to the center and stop pandering to racists, the Religious Right types, and far-right Tea Partiers like Huelskamp.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bow View Post
              Ah!! you got to love America,,,,the ONLY industrialized nation in the Western world with NO Health Care for ALL its citizens...but every body gets to pack a gun.........guess we know where the priority's lay
              And yet we have excellent healthcare and those who legally "pack a gun" rarely cause any problems.
              So, yes we do have our priorities straight.
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

              Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                A lot of people feel that way and are voting Johnson as a result. There's just too many scary similarities between Trump and Hillary to find solace in either. They're both pro-universal healthcare, big on spending, expanding government, can't trust either on gun laws, terrible personalities for President, etc.
                This is true. Pretty much everyone I know, with few exceptions, like either candidate. Like most of us here it's about keeping the greater evil out.

                What if we all actually did vote Johnson? I'm going to keep an open mind on the third party.

                Hillary can't become president. If Johnson somehow gains traction, we'll see......
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bow View Post
                  Ah!! you got to love America,,,,the ONLY industrialized nation in the Western world with NO Health Care for ALL its citizens...but every body gets to pack a gun.........guess we know where the priority's lay
                  Technically that would be no taxpayer funded/guv'mint debt provided blanket "medical care" coverage to all citizens. But we are working on it. In the meantime, shorter waiting times and not as much "rationing" as found in other parts of the world (explains all those vehicles with Canadian license plates I see in our medical clinic parking lots ).

                  Not all states have open carry, the conditions for concealed carry of firearms/weapons vary per State and as a general rule must be from 18-21 for the minimum age to own and possess legally. Technically and legally not "... every body gets to pack a gun."

                  Obviously you must have a liberalism mental disorder since failure to get facts right is a common symptom.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bow View Post
                    Ah!! you got to love America,,,,the ONLY industrialized nation in the Western world with NO Health Care for ALL its citizens...but every body gets to pack a gun.........guess we know where the priority's lay
                    You're such a funny guy! Canadian Medical Tourism is a booming industry in our northern border states. The ones that can't afford that go to Asia or even Mexico. It is such a phenomenon that Canadian authorities have been steadily increasing research funding to investigate this growing trend.

                    The west coast states get a lot of people that from Asia that steps off a plane and check into an emergency room immediately.

                    And no, I cannot pack a gun here without getting arrested.
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                    Prayers.

                    BoRG

                    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                      You're such a funny guy! Canadian Medical Tourism is a booming industry in our northern border states. The ones that can't afford that go to Asia or even Mexico. It is such a phenomenon that Canadian authorities have been steadily increasing research funding to investigate this growing trend.

                      The west coast states get a lot of people that from Asia that steps off a plane and check into an emergency room immediately.
                      Please feel free to post actual data what you are claiming is true.....here is a wee head start

                      http://content.healthaffairs.org/con...3/19.full.html

                      And last I checked people from ASIA aren't part of the WESTERN industrialised world.........

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                        Please feel free to post actual data what you are claiming is true.....here is a wee head start
                        If you want Canadian stats, go ahead and look it up yourself. Let Bow defend his own words if he wants to insult America. You are not Canadian nor are you American, so I have no interest in talking t about this matter with you regarding this issue.

                        Canadian Medical Tourism is not a myth:

                        http://www.cfp.ca/content/57/5/527.full
                        https://www.cmpa-acpm.ca/-/the-impac...ian-physicians
                        http://globalnews.ca/news/1886606/mo...l-care-report/


                        And last I checked people from ASIA aren't part of the WESTERN industrialised world.........
                        I didn't say it was. It was meant to imply that people from all over come to America because we provide medical services FREE of charge by law if need be. Once you step foot into a hospital either public or private, by law you must be treated.
                        Last edited by Salinator; 03 Aug 16, 21:06. Reason: Fix link
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                        Prayers.

                        BoRG

                        http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                          If you want Canadian stats, go ahead and look it up yourself. Let Bow defend his own words if he wants to insult America. You are not Canadian nor are you American, so I have no interest in talking t about this matter with you regarding this issue.

                          Canadian Medical Tourism is not a myth:

                          http://www.cfp.ca/content/57/5/527.full

                          So no stats to back up your claims, check.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                            So no stats to back up your claims, check.
                            Your lack of reading comprehension in full display, check.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                            Prayers.

                            BoRG

                            http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                              Your lack of reading comprehension in full display, check.
                              That doesn't even make sense; you make statement, I ask for evidence, you say you don't want provide any and I confirm that you haven't....

                              That has absolutely nothing to do with reading comprehension.....

                              Anything else Sally?

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X