We are now paying ransom money to Iran.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    If it was their money, then why all the cloak and dagger. Just hire a Charter Plane, put some Guards on it and some trackers, and fly the money to Iran out in the open, then fly out.

It was a Ransom Payment.....no doubt.
    Or, why the "small, non-sequential, unmarked bills, in several foreign currencies" Iran has trouble procuring directly...?

Comment

If it was their money, then why all the cloak and dagger. Just hire a Charter Plane, put some Guards on it and some trackers, and fly the money to Iran out in the open, then fly out.

So you are saying that we still owe them over 400 million dollars?
      Homo homini lupus

Comment

...and if they had done it the "normal" way, people would be saying "they act like we're just giving them back the money we froze, but it's really a ransom payment". It's a lose/lose situation. That is how it should have been done, though.

Comment

May i ask what the big deal is. It a a lie that america does not negotiate with terrorist or in this case forighin nation. This not the first time this as happened and wont be the last.
          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Or, why the "small, non-sequential, unmarked bills, in several foreign currencies" Iran has trouble procuring directly...?
            Why should they have been marked or sequential.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
              May i ask what the big deal is. It a a lie that america does not negotiate with terrorist or in this case forighin nation. This not the first time this as happened and wont be the last.
              Does anyone else remember Iran-Contra?

Comment

Payment was a matter of public record, method of payment was not.

Comment

Even Trump appears to be back tracking over ransom claims

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36988451
                  Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                  Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

What was the dollar figure he quoted, $400 million? Yeah, we're all picturing a plane filled to the gills with cash. $400 million.

I can see some rube falling for that, but not Trump, with decades of experience in high finance. If the US Gov't were paying off Iran, wouldn't they just wire the $400 mil from their Cayman Islands account?

Jackass
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

No, that was him backtracking on his claim that he saw a video of the actual delivery of the cash to Iran that was made and released by Iran all because the President is weak. So he got called out on the lie and had to back track. A RARE feat for Trump.
                      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      And why the sea is boiling hot—
                      And whether pigs have wings.”
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                        Here's what I quoted, I don't see any namecalling at all.

But yet, the red above seems to be you namecalling. Once again, do you know what a moderate is? Have you ever seen me give praise to O'Bama? I didn't think so. Maybe you should realize, that in the real world, nothing is all black or white, left nutter or right nutter.

PS Get a sense of humour.
                        I don't know but I found it rather funny. Just saying.
                        "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                        - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                          Does anyone else remember Iran-Contra?
                          Yes. In 1981 in order to facilitate the release of dozens of Americans held hostage in Iran, President Jimmy Carter issued a series of executive orders (12276 to 12284) releasing Iranian assets that had been frozen in U.S. banks, as well as one indemnifying Iran from potential lawsuits arising out of the hostage-taking. Previously, in his 1980 State of the Union address, Carter referred to the Americans being held as “innocent victims of terrorism.”

And the Iran-Contra affair, in which President Ronald Reagan approved the covert sale of arms to Iran in an attempt to free seven hostages being held in Lebanon by a group with Iranian ties.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                            Why should they have been marked or sequential.
                            Makes tracking them easier. It also makes procuring large quantities easier.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X