Former Secret Service vs Hillary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    You'd be wrong. The Secret Service at the White House are more like personal bodyguards. They stay near the person(s) they're to protect. They just don't sit at a gate checking passes or ID cards. Because they have to be close by to the person they're assigned to protect they're going to see things.
    But, even if he were a "gate guard," as you suggest, he's going to know other Secret Service guys who are near the Clintons. They're going to talk about stuff. Rumor and truth will fly. It may be mixed, but the true stories will get told and there will be agents and other staff who will offer proof to other staff to back their version.
    Like any closed community, its hard to keep secrets...

Given the large number of similar accounts from FBI agents, military officers, White House domestic staff, the Secret Service, insiders working with the Clintons, it is far more believable than unbelievable.

My logic tells me when you have repeated stories from multiple sources, often unrelated sources, that accumulate over a period of decades, and then throw in legal investigations and even court proceedings, it's damn likely that everything this guy is saying is true, and probably not half of what actually went on.
    The problem with your theory is that retired agents, the real ones on the Presidential plain cloths detail, called BS on this guys book. They are the ones that said he's full of it. The people that actually DO know the truth.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Not the ones in uniform. Which this author was. The reply from members of the SS made that very clear.

This isn't a debate that Clinton is an aroganant bitch. It's about what first hand knowledge the writer had. Hearsay and roumers seems the only they he is dealing with. You can hear better ossiup at the old ladies knitting circle.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        The problem with your theory is that retired agents, the real ones on the Presidential plain cloths detail, called BS on this guys book. They are the ones that said he's full of it. The people that actually DO know the truth.
        Well then, link the sources. You saying it means nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
          I'll believe those that were there over you. And the uniformed members of the SS are NOT just gate guards. Shows your lack of knowledge again.
          Well you ever recover from that one point landing?

Comment

Look what the uniformed div of the SS is responsible for. Primarily property then individuals.

Comment

Well then, link the sources. You saying it means nothing.
              What I can't just have a theory like your post??? Why??? Kidding.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...service-224578

The author of a new tell-all book about Hillary Clinton could never have seen any of what he claims — he was too low-ranking — say several high-level members of Secret Service presidential details, including the president of the Association of Former Agents of the United States Secret Service.
              On Tuesday, AFAUSSS, which is strictly nonpartisan, is set to release a statement blasting Gary Byrne author of “Crisis in Character,” saying members “strongly denounce” the book, which they add has made security harder by eroding the trust between agents and the people they protect.

“There is no place for any self-moralizing narratives, particularly those with an underlying motive,” reads the statement from the group’s board of directors, which says Byrne has politics and profit on his mind.
              AFAUSSS rarely issues public statements of any kind.
              People familiar with West Wing security laugh at the idea that Byrne or any uniformed officer ever would have walked in on Bill Clinton anywhere, whether in a meeting or, as a New York Post article over the weekend claims, in the middle of a make-out session in the Map Room with the late daughter of former Vice President Walter Mondale. The Secret Service presidential detail would have stopped him. (That affair was a well-worn rumor during the Clinton years, though strongly denied by Eleanor Mondale, who died of brain cancer in 2011.)
              “The inner perimeter is 100 percent controlled by the presidential protective division,” said a former supervisor of the presidential protective division, who asked not to be identified by name.

And if Byrne or any uniformed officer had been posted near a room the president entered, he would have been moved at least 15 yards away, to the outer edges of the security bubble — not quite what Byrne describes in his book: “I stood guard, pistol at my hip, outside the Oval Office, the last barrier before anyone saw Bill Clinton,” according to the Post, which has been teasing excerpts of the book.
              “Operationally, one who has the working knowledge of how things are done there would realize that certain of those statements do not coincide with the operational plan,” said Jan Gilhooly, AFAUSSS president and a 29-year Secret Service veteran.
              The group’s statement, which POLITICO obtained in advance of its release, very carefully calls Byrne a liar.
              “One must question the veracity and content of any book which implies that its author played such an integral part of so many [claimed] incidents. Any critique of management by one who has never managed personnel or programs resounds hollow. Additionally, why would an employee wait in excess of ten years after terminating his employment with the Service to make his allegations public?” it reads.
              “To talk of many things:
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

The children don't want to have their fairly tale interrupted.

Comment

What I can't just have a theory like your post??? Why??? Kidding.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...service-224578
                  So what I see here is they're mostly upset he published the book at all. They also point out mistakes he made with regard to secret service procedures.

There's nothing in there that confirms or denies the anecdotes about the Clintons are true or false. As I pointed out, since there are a number of other similar accounts from FBI agents, White House staff, etc., it seems likely those are more true than false.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/07/fo...-service-pigs/

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hillary-c...783331311.html

So, it looks like this guy is just repeating the same stuff people have said about the Clintons since the 90's.

Comment

So what I see here is they're mostly upset he published the book at all. They also point out mistakes he made with regard to secret service procedures.

There's nothing in there that confirms or denies the anecdotes about the Clintons are true or false. As I pointed out, since there are a number of other similar accounts from FBI agents, White House staff, etc., it seems likely those are more true than false.

So, it looks like this guy is just repeating the same stuff people have said about the Clintons since the 90's.
                    Sorry, the 'authors' publicist specifically states HE WITNESS them all, which we KNOW is not the truth. He's caught in a lie for major parts of his book, his book is now worthless as a source.

His publicist.

Vanessa Oblinger, Byrne’s publicist for the book, said the claim he didn’t witness the events he describes in the book was “a nonsense charge.
                    “He was posted directly outside the Oval Office for three years,” she said.
                    He's lying in order to cash in on Clinton haters. I'm sure he made a bundle.
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Pretty much, their reputations are just butt hurt. Happens a lot look at the latest SEAL books, same voice from the Department of the Navy.... oh it didn't happen that way.

Many of these stories came out during the Clinton years in the WH, knew guys that worked there.
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                        Pretty much, their reputations are just butt hurt. Happens a lot look at the latest SEAL books, same voice from the Department of the Navy.... oh it didn't happen that way.

Many of these stories came out during the Clinton years in the WH, knew guys that worked there.
                        I know the guy that runs this site. The USN actually sent him nastygrams from time to time about stuff sailors posted or wrote.

http://www.mooj.com/rxdept_page1.htm

Comment

Sorry, the 'authors' publicist specifically states HE WITNESS them all, which we KNOW is not the truth. He's caught in a lie for major parts of his book, his book is now worthless as a source.

His publicist.

He's lying in order to cash in on Clinton haters. I'm sure he made a bundle.
                          Or, he's just recounting tales he heard from others to cash in saying he was there when he actually heard them second hand. That doesn't make the stories false, just his re-telling of them.

He may well be cashing in on Clinton hater's buying his book. I'm not buying it and I despise Hillary. She's a sociopathic criminal and generally vicious b....h. I think Bill is a morally corrupt philanderer and lying sack of $h!+.

He wasn't a bad President. She on the other hand, will be a horrifically awful one. She'll make Obama look great.

Comment

If this was a courtroom, it would all be hearsay. I'm sure a lot of it is true, but the author just seems like a moneygrubbing a-hole. He's just like someone else we know, always lying to make themselves seem more important than they are...

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                              If this was a courtroom, it would all be hearsay. I'm sure a lot of it is true, but the author just seems like a moneygrubbing a-hole. He's just like someone else we know, always lying to make themselves seem more important than they are...
                              If books had to follow evidentiary Gutenberg would have never invented the printing press...
                              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                                If books had to follow evidentiary Gutenberg would have never invented the printing press...
                                Look at the bright side--no bibles, people forget about religion in a few generations and then will have to think up new reasons to kill other people...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X