Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Root of Trumps problems and why he should not be elected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Root of Trumps problems and why he should not be elected.

From Trumps Art of the Deal

http://prospect.org/article/donald-t...upporters-want

"When someone crosses you, my advice is 'Get Even!' That is not typical advice, but it is real life advice. If you do not get even, you are just a schmuck! When people wrong you, go after those people because it is a good feeling and because other people will see you doing it. I love getting even."
    This why a Presidential candidate can't seem to ignore all the little things going on in the campaign and concentrate on well, winning. The Khan family? Either ignore, the smartest thing, or:

Simply state he felt moved by their son's actions and he is sorry for their loss. However he stands by his policy on immigration.

The speech would have faded into oblivion.

However I don't think the man is capable of doing that, which is a scary thing if he were the President. Doesn't matter if it's a domestic issue or a foreign policy area. The man can't handle public criticism. Simple as that.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

From the font of "goes back how far for this one?" rebuttals... a quote from 1987 book...
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
      From the font of "goes back how far for this one?" rebuttals... a quote from 1987 book...
      Simple fact on the make up off the candidates CURRENT and Future personality. His actions this entire campaign simply confirm it. So it's a current issue not a past one.
      “To talk of many things:
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Full quote...
        “When someone crosses you, my advice is ‘Get Even!’ That is not typical advice, but it is real life advice. If you do not get even, you are just a schmuck! When people wrong you, go after those people because it is a good feeling and because other people will see you doing it. I love getting even. I get screwed all the time. I go after people, and you know what? People do not play around with me as much as they do with others. They know that if they do, they are in for a big fight.”

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnh...trump-n2070450

I suppose falling behind or losing is better than getting even... And turning the other cheek is certainly a lot nicer than getting even...

Show of hands: How many Trump supporters plan to vote for him because he's polite? A nice guy? A gentleman?

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
          Simple fact on the make up off the candidates CURRENT and Future personality. His actions this entire campaign simply confirm it. So it's a current issue not a past one.
          I agree. It's just ironic that the font of "goes back how far for this one?" rebuttals would base a thread on a quote from a ~30 year old book...

Trump is not inclined to take schist from people... Good? Bad? I'm gonna lean toward good.

Comment

From Trumps Art of the Deal

http://prospect.org/article/donald-t...upporters-want

This why a Presidential candidate can't seem to ignore all the little things going on in the campaign and concentrate on well, winning. The Khan family? Either ignore, the smartest thing, or:

Simply state he felt moved by their son's actions and he is sorry for their loss. However he stands by his policy on immigration.

The speech would have faded into oblivion.

However I don't think the man is capable of doing that, which is a scary thing if he were the President. Doesn't matter if it's a domestic issue or a foreign policy area. The man can't handle public criticism. Simple as that.
            You follow those exact words. Pot calling...
            My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Full quote...
              “When someone crosses you, my advice is ‘Get Even!’ That is not typical advice, but it is real life advice. If you do not get even, you are just a schmuck! When people wrong you, go after those people because it is a good feeling and because other people will see you doing it. I love getting even. I get screwed all the time. I go after people, and you know what? People do not play around with me as much as they do with others. They know that if they do, they are in for a big fight.”

I suppose falling behind or losing is better than getting even... And turning the other cheek is certainly a lot nicer than getting even...

Show of hands: How many Trump supporters plan to vote for him because he's polite? A nice guy? A gentleman?

The libs have a habit of quoting out of context.
              My worst jump story:
              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
              No lie.

~
              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Full quote...

And it seems Trump defines 'screwed over' as anything that he does not like. That's the problem

Oh, I have no problem believing that his core supporters don't mind this personality trait. However it will not help win the actual election and it will be a disaster if he ever takes office.
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

I agree. It's just ironic that the font of "goes back how far for this one?" rebuttals would base a thread on a quote from a ~30 year old book...

Trump is not inclined to take schist from people... Good? Bad? I'm gonna lean toward good.
                  He he could channel the inclination so that it only kicks in when an ACTUAL issue arises, yes.
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                    The libs have a habit of quoting out of context.
                    Even in context, what Trump said wasn't "nice." I don't expect him to say nice things now. I certainly don't doubt that he said a lot of ugly things back in the 80's. He's not Jesus, for Cripe's sake. He doesn't have an obligation to "turn the other cheek" when crossed.

Comment

He he could channel the inclination so that it only kicks in when an ACTUAL issue arises, yes.
                      Let's hope he'll mature a bit between now and the first time he has to deal with actual issues.

Comment

And it seems Trump defines 'screwed over' as anything that he does not like. That's the problem

Oh, I have no problem believing that his core supporters don't mind this personality trait. However it will not help win the actual election and it will be a disaster if he ever takes office.
                        This particular personality trait was the only thing I liked about Trump when I voted for Rubio in the Texas primary...

Comment

Donald Trump did not write The Art of the Deal. He's incapable of such a task. The ghostwriter of said book, Tony Schwartz, wrote the book while observing Trump on the job. What he saw was not nice and he really had to embellish Trump to make him likeable to readers.

“I put lipstick on a pig,” he said. “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.” He went on, “I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization.”

If he were writing “The Art of the Deal” today, Schwartz said, it would be a very different book with a very different title. Asked what he would call it, he answered, “The Sociopath.”

“Trump has been written about a thousand ways from Sunday, but this fundamental aspect of who he is doesn’t seem to be fully understood,” Schwartz told me. “It’s implicit in a lot of what people write, but it’s never explicit—or, at least, I haven’t seen it. And that is that it’s impossible to keep him focussed on any topic, other than his own self-aggrandizement, for more than a few minutes, and even then . . . ” Schwartz trailed off, shaking his head in amazement.

This year, Schwartz has heard some argue that there must be a more thoughtful and nuanced version of Donald Trump that he is keeping in reserve for after the campaign. “There isn’t,” Schwartz insists. “There is no private Trump.” This is not a matter of hindsight. While working on “The Art of the Deal,” Schwartz kept a journal in which he expressed his amazement at Trump’s personality, writing that Trump seemed driven entirely by a need for public attention. “All he is is ‘stomp, stomp, stomp’—recognition from outside, bigger, more, a whole series of things that go nowhere in particular,” he observed, on October 21, 1986. But, as he noted in the journal a few days later, “the book will be far more successful if Trump is a sympathetic character—even weirdly sympathetic—than if he is just hateful or, worse yet, a one-dimensional blowhard.”

Read More...
                          ´
                          “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
                            Donald Trump did not write The Art of the Deal. He's incapable of such a task. The ghostwriter of said book, Tony Schwartz, wrote the book while observing Trump on the job. What he saw was not nice and he really had to embellish Trump to make him likeable to readers.
                            Shocking!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
                              Schwartz is wrong about one thing: Trump as sociopath. Trump has a mountain of negatives, but he's not a sociopath.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X