Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As usual Trump can't just make a statement, he has to, well lie to make it better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
    I have never seen an election where candidates caught in a lie are defended on the basis that people lie, and when caught in many lies are defended on the basis that everyone lies. The art of campaigning is not based on not lying, or even the skill of not being caught in lies. Actually the art of campaigning, believe it or not, is establishing some kind of trust with the voter. Believe it or not, the same is true for any salesmanship, Most people are honest and don't have to lie constantly, believe it or not
    If true, then why are the top 2 candidates of both parties rated the highest with distrust from voters?

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/17/po...al-candidates/

Poll: Hillary Clinton Least Honest And Trustworthy Of All Presidential Candidates

Asked whether they think Clinton is honest and trustworthy, 56 percent of respondents say she is not. A little more than a quarter of those polled think Clinton is honest and trustworthy.

Republican candidate Donald Trump beat Clinton in the trustworthiness category by four percentage point. Democratic candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders is seen as overwhelmingly more honest and trustworthy than Clinton. Sanders beats her by a margin of 32 percentage points.
    Islam... it's a blast - literally.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
      How come you don't say that to those defending Hillary?
      I would, I do say that, applies to every party.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiryc View Post
        If true, then why are the top 2 candidates of both parties rated the highest with distrust from voters?

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/17/po...al-candidates/

Poll: Hillary Clinton Least Honest And Trustworthy Of All Presidential Candidates

Asked whether they think Clinton is honest and trustworthy, 56 percent of respondents say she is not. A little more than a quarter of those polled think Clinton is honest and trustworthy.

Republican candidate Donald Trump beat Clinton in the trustworthiness category by four percentage point. Democratic candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders is seen as overwhelmingly more honest and trustworthy than Clinton. Sanders beats her by a margin of 32 percentage points.
        Good question

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
          Good question
          Honestly, I'm not sure why you care who wins.

How much did you personally see any real difference in your life when osama got into office? Did your personal life improve so much that you want to see it continue with clinton?

Comment

Seriously, who cares?

I'm much better with someone lying about a supposed nfl letter than say about state department emails. You?
            No, they're both lies. And Clinton should probably be indicted at the very least. But lying about that is understandable because the stakes are high. Nixon lying about Watergate, Bill Clinton lying about Lewinski, Bush II lying about Iraq, and so on and so forth. Those actually make sense when it comes to lying. Doesn't make them right but you can see why they would lie. But Trump cannot seem to help himself when it comes to telling the truth. Even when it's right there in front of him, he lies about something or anything. For no reason. It idiotic. He could've just said that the scheduling of the debates against an NFL game was dumb and left it at that. Or go back further with the David Duke thing. Admit you know who he is and disavow him. But no, he lies. Stupid, stupid lies.
            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Honestly, I'm not sure why you care who wins.

How much did you personally see any real difference in your life when osama got into office? Did your personal life improve so much that you want to see it continue with clinton?
              And do you want a person in office who makes a spectator sport of ridiculing others and is a racist and a religious bigot? Trump is a demagogue and a bully, and by definition that makes him a coward also.

Did you see his reaction awhile back when some idiot tried to climb on his podium during a speech? I thought Trump was either going to have an accident in his trousers or a heart attack.

And he was wearing body armor in some of his appearances.

Teddy Roosevelt he definitely isn't. Trump is a person of low character whose apparent mission is to divide the country and thereby making us weaker. He's a skunk of the first order.
              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

So in the end, we all agree that each candidate lies. Trump blatently lies and exaggerates for self-aggrandizement and Hillary is more subtle. She lies mainly for self-protection, for political survival.

In the campaign, the issue probably boils down to demographics and who is more hopeful and optimistic. In which case, Hillary beats Trump hands down.

Fun to watch. Here in Missouri one of the recent surveys that I saw said that Gary Johnson was running at 9% and that Hillary is leading by one point, if you take into account the Johnson voters.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...817cc7c31.html

I actually heard someone today on NPR talking about not voting for Hillary but voting for Johnson and thus giving her the electoral vote. Essentially they could save their soul by not voting for Hillary but keeping the election from Trump. They called it strategic voting.
                Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  And do you want a person in office who makes a spectator sport of ridiculing others and is a racist and a religious bigot? Trump is a demagogue and a bully, and by definition that makes him a coward also.
                  I don't agree with your assessments so it's hard to answer such a question. I honestly think most people are bigots, just because you put religious, racist, political, whatever in front of the word bigot doesn't change much in my mind.

bigot a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance

Going by this meriam webster definition, that pretty much sums up everyone on this forum. Sure people will equivocate how their particular brand of bigotry is acceptable or that bigotry only applies to race but neither is true.

Teddy Roosevelt he definitely isn't. Trump is a person of low character whose apparent mission is to divide the country and thereby making us weaker. He's a skunk of the first order.
                  I'm pretty sure we are divided already and did so of our own volition as is...certainly doesn't have anything to do with trump.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X