Federal judge okays voter fraud...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mconrad View Post
    25% of African American citizens of voting age do not have a government-issued photo ID, compared to only 8% of their white counterparts.
    You will have to prove that to me in order for me not to call BS on that!
    I am willing to bet money that 99% of those mentioned above have Drivers Licenses, even the ones in the hood.
    Last edited by Trung Si; 07 Aug 16, 20:10.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I would offer that young Blacks would be expected to show identification to get SNAP and other Government benefits. Most family heads have to show identification of any children claimed. I did not get a Social Security Card until I began work at 17. I had held a Louisiana Driver's License since 15. My youngest daughter was registered with the SS system before she was a year old as she was shown to be handicapped and we needed the benefits. She has had state identification cards in Louisiana and Pennsylvania since then.

Please note I am not accusing all young Black people of voting age to have participated in the Foodstamp Program or Aid to Dependent Children. They should have been aware of other young Blacks that did carry some form of ID. I have participated in a number of government benefit programs over the years and I was eager to furnish any amount of identification asked for.

The odds of a young Black person/citizen not having a drivers license or picture state ID is pretty low. It is not guaranteed they will carry it on their person if they do have one. The odds on an illegal emigrant to this country not having a picture ID is much better. Not every illegal in Texas has had the chance to buy a fake ID on Westheimer in Houston yet.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I hold that everyone should have a Id with medical information and other bio-metric information. If your chip is broken on it you have to get it replaced.

I wouldn't mind it being provided to those who can't pay for it. But having a Id should be mandatory. As well it should be required to vote.

Make them really hard to fake as well. (Part of the electronics.)
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by mconrad View Post
          25% of African American citizens of voting age do not have a government-issued photo ID, compared to only 8% of their white counterparts.

Conservatives pride themselves on seeing things as they really are. Voter ID laws are attractive to Republicans in order to depress minority voting.
          Even a Social Security Card is often considered a form of ID. Who at 18 doesn't have a SS card? I mean if someone wants to vote why can't they get proof of ID, makes little sense.
          My worst jump story:
          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
          No lie.

~
          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I think the big problem is some states want a picture ID. The Social Security Card has just a number on it. Louisiana has had a picture driver's license since before I got my first license. Maybe the states that require a picture ID should offer free ID cards to the indigent? Of course, I don't see a lot of states giving something away for free to poor people.

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

A state ID card in MI is only $10 and is good for 3 years. Anyone can afford one.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                US Federal judge James Peterson, overturned large portions of Wisconsin's voter ID laws. This includes his ruling:

(emphasis mine)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cou...Kz&ocid=SMSDHP

Peterson was appointed by Obama. His background in law nearly rivals Obama's in its marginality...

http://www.wisbar.org/NewsPublicatio...rticleID=11545

Really? A liberal arts major in communications? That makes a poly sci major look like a paragon of intellect... Communications is one of those degrees the athletes who are just there to play some sport get...

Taught "film and television history..."

So, this guy rules that you don't need to prove citizenship to get a voter registration in Wisconsin... Thanks Obama, you friggin' moron!

Nice to know we have judges who are in the tank for voter fraud!
                Can you name a single case of significant voter fraud that actually affected the outcome of an election? Aside from the rather suspicious outcome of the election in Florida in 2000?

Who really won Bush-Gore election? - CNNPolitics.com - CNN.com

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/31/politi...sults-studies/

CNN

Oct 31, 2015 - After the grueling 36-day Florida recount battle, Al Gore conceded the ... Borger revisits the 2000 election in a CNN Special Report, "Bush v.
                Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                  Can you name a single case of significant voter fraud that actually affected the outcome of an election? Aside from the rather suspicious outcome of the election in Florida in 2000?
                  Called...

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...gh-voter-fraud

It looks increasingly likely that at least one member of the United States Senate may owe his seat in the world’s greatest deliberative body not to his charisma or the persuasiveness of his message but to voter fraud.

As the Wall Street Journal's John Fund reports, Minnesota Democrat Al Franken’s narrow, 312-vote victory in 2008 over incumbent Sen. Norm Coleman may have come as the result of people being allowed to vote who, under existing law, shouldn’t have been.
                  http://www.forbes.com/sites/billfrez.../#3c9ca3aa488f

The latest revelations that illegal votes may have given Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) his 312-vote margin of victory in his 2008 Senate race—out of the nearly 3 million votes cast—gives one pause. The fact that 243 people have already been convicted or are awaiting trial on voter fraud underscores a persistent concern that, despite their small share of the vote, ineligible ballots can actually swing results.
                  http://nypost.com/2012/08/09/yes-vote-frauds-real/

* In the 2004 Washington state governor’s race, the Republican’s early lead was overcome by the miraculous discovery of previously uncounted ballots squirreled away in the Democratic stronghold of Seattle, handing the election to the Democrat.

* In the close governor’s race in Connecticut in 2010, a mysterious shortage of ballots in Bridgeport kept the polls open an extra two hours as allegedly blank ballots were photocopied and handed out in the heavily Democratic city. Dannel Malloy defeated Republican Tom Foley by nearly 7,000 votes statewide — but by almost 14,000 votes in Bridgeport.

* Now a new book — “Who’s Counting?” by John Fund and Hans von Spakovsky — charges that Al Franken’s 2008 defeat of incumbent Republican Sen. Norm Coleman may be directly attributable to felons voting illegally.
                  Voter fraud is real, usually (but not exclusively) in the US by Democrats, and if it's close they can, and do, cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                    A state ID card in MI is only $10 and is good for 3 years. Anyone can afford one.
                    I don't know of anyone who do not possess some sort of picture identification. DMV California ID card cost $29, if you qualify for reduced fee, it only cost $8.

The city of San Francisco also issues an ID card that cost $16, for the poor/needy it only cost $5.

There's no logical reason for anyone to be without proper ID. Most places have such tight security practices that you are required to show ID in order to even enter their property.

Comment

Called...

Voter fraud is real, usually (but not exclusively) in the US by Democrats, and if it's close they can, and do, cheat.
                      That is great but those are allegations and it's one possible case since 2012. Don't get me wrong I appreciate your response but that is like pointing out that the JFK assassination may have been a conspiracy; intriguing but not proven beyond a reasonable doubt shall we say. You posted links to opinion pieces, but opinion pieces are just that....opinions. Moreover, one of those was from the New York Post and anyone that has ever lived in NYC will tell you that rag is fish wrap; one of their headlines once proclaimed "Headless Body Found in Topless Bar" so take it from there.

The genius behind 'Headless Body in Topless Bar' headline dies at 74 ...

nypost.com/.../new-york-post-editor-and-film-critic-vincent-musetto-d...

New York Post

Jun 9, 2015 - But Musetto stuck to his guns, and “Headless Body in Topless Bar” ... to cut off the victim's head, which cops later found in the madman's car.
                      Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 08 Aug 16, 10:59. Reason: Staff - Put large image behind spoiler tag
                      Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                      Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                        Please note I am not accusing all young Black people of voting age to have participated in the Foodstamp Program or Aid to Dependent Children. They should have been aware of other young Blacks that did carry some form of ID. I have participated in a number of government benefit programs over the years and I was eager to furnish any amount of identification asked for.

The odds of a young Black person/citizen not having a drivers license or picture state ID is pretty low. It is not guaranteed they will carry it on their person if they do have one. The odds on an illegal emigrant to this country not having a picture ID is much better. Not every illegal in Texas has had the chance to buy a fake ID on Westheimer in Houston yet.

Pruitt

People need to show a picture ID in order to enter the welfare office. Note, I am also not accusing anybody of being on welfare.

Comment

Called...

That is great but those are allegations and it's one possible case since 2012. Don't get me wrong I appreciate your response but that is like pointing out that the JFK assassination may have been a conspiracy; intriguing but not proven beyond a reasonable doubt shall we say.
                          I think you hit it on the head, Bass.

The conspiracy theories about voter fraud seem to always ignore the opposition angle - that such fraud is documented fact and wide-spread enough for us to know about it, but the GOP doesn't ever actually do anything about it.

It's like how Moon Landing Hoax believers always ignore that the USSR never doubted the American landings, which (if false) they would have benefit greatly from exposing.

The fact that the GOP isn't going after these "obvious" examples of voter fraud speaks volumes.

Comment

why are the numbers low on cases of vote fraud?

who do you prosecute?

Milwaukee police issued a report after the 2004 election:
                            6,000 people, for example, who had registered to vote at the polls on election day. They voted, their ballots were counted, but when the mail went out to their addresses to give them their voter registration card, 6,000 of them came back: there was no such address, or it was a vacant lot, or the person had not been there for years.
                            45B10 1986-91

Comment

That is great but those are allegations and it's one possible case since 2012. Don't get me wrong I appreciate your response but that is like pointing out that the JFK assassination may have been a conspiracy; intriguing but not proven beyond a reasonable doubt shall we say. You posted links to opinion pieces, but opinion pieces are just that....opinions. Moreover, one of those was from the New York Post and anyone that has ever lived in NYC will tell you that rag is fish wrap; one of their headlines once proclaimed "Headless Body Found in Topless Bar" so take it from there. [
                              That's splitting hairs. Its clearly possible, and very probable that fraud has effected recent US election outcomes. It's clear from the cases where convictions have occurred the problem is real.
                              It doesn't matter that not every case I listed was proved "beyond reasonable doubt" either. It's a matter of public perception. If people think elections are rigged then the public loses faith in government and their elected officials. No criminal court needed.

What you are offering as a defense is essentially, "Well, it wasn't proven absolutely, positively, so it didn't happen and it doesn't matter."

I say it does matter, and it should have been pursued with far more vigor. Had it in the cases I listed, the outcome likely would have been different. Maybe Franken, for example, would still get elected, but at least we wouldn't be wondering if his election was fraudulent.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X